Opinion Pre Season Training

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Hughes get some good minutes this year.

Hopefully he can stay injury free. Yhe few minutes he did that I saw he looked good.
Could we see him (S. Hughes) start from r1? If hes going as well as we are being told then I think we could do worse than start him. We need some size up front

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not many dropped balls even though it was wet but the game didn’t go for that long.

Burton was doing the majority of the kicking. Skelton moves really well but Xerri impressed me, doesn’t look like he’s been out of the game for that long let alone 4 years. I thought Taffee was poor, gets monstered bringing the ball back while Tracey was what you expect, ball of energy.

Curran played lock and I think he’s almost guaranteed to be the 13 round 1. It’s hard to comment on the cohesiveness and decipher what kind of game we are going to play to be honest but at a glance our contact and wrestle looked a lot cleaner and deliberate compared to last year.

First proper look is only 2.5 weeks away…
Tracey is as close as a like for like with Edwards as you will get in the NRL in terms of his on the ball running. Got the same aura and bounce to him. Probably a bit more gifted in the playmaking department though.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey is as close as a like for like with Edwards as you will get in the NRL in terms of his on the ball running. Got the same aura and bounce to him. Probably a bit more gifted in the playmaking department though.
Hes runs the ball with similar vigor but is far easier meat for the defence to chew up. Edwards bends the line with every carry, tracey can get rag dolled a fair bit

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even though I know the coaching staff will want to give the youngsters a go in the trials, I would like to see the following:
1st half 2nd half
1.Tracey Taafe
2. Foxx Wilson
3. Xerri Kiraz
4. Critta Tracey
5. Kiraz Skelton
6. Burto Burto
7. Sexy Hutcho
8. King Hughes
9. Mahoney Turpin
10. Knight RFM
11. Kiks Weak gutted Dog
12. Preston Morrin
13. Curran Mann
Play for your spots. If you stand out, you make the 17. I would back the first half team to trouble many of the NRL teams.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also, I can't find Morrin listed in our top 30 squad for 2024. WTF!
The man runs harder than 90% of our forward pack and bent the line more than TPJ at times.
I'll be very disappointed if the coaching staff have dropped him out of the top 30.
Anyone know what's up?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The man runs harder than 90% of our forward pack and bent the line more than TPJ at times.
I'll be very disappointed if the coaching staff have dropped him out of the top 30.
Anyone know what's up?
He’s not in the top 30. Pretty sure he’s on a development contract.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are there limits on the numbers of players that can be used in the trials, or one of the trials, or did i imagine something like that happened last year?

Reactions: ATT

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I know the coaching staff will want to give the youngsters a go in the trials, I would like to see the following:
1st half 2nd half
1.Tracey Taafe
2. Foxx Wilson
3. Xerri Kiraz
4. Critta Tracey
5. Kiraz Skelton
6. Burto Burto
7. Sexy Hutcho
8. King Hughes
9. Mahoney Turpin
10. Knight RFM
11. Kiks Weak gutted Dog
12. Preston Morrin
13. Curran Mann
Play for your spots. If you stand out, you make the 17. I would back the first half team to trouble many of the NRL teams.
When you look at the team/squad on paper like that you can see how much we've improved our roster. The 2nd half team you selected is on par of not better than some of the match day teams we put out last year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up?
He’s not in the top 30. Pretty sure he’s on a development contract.
It's irrelevant now whether a player is Top 30 or Supplementary (AKA Development), they all get to play from Round 1.

Always a Bulldog

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's irrelevant now whether a player is Top 30 or Supplementary (AKA Development), they all get to play from Round 1.

Always a Bulldog
Cash could be the difference, Top30 min wage is $130k & the 6 Dogs players on Supplementary deals have the $650,000 cap divided between them with a min $80k each. One paper report states Woods is also on a Supplementary deal in 2024 making 7 which would mean an even smaller piece of the pie.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are there limits on the numbers of players that can be used in the trials, or one of the trials, or did i imagine something like that happened last year?
The rules. Games will be played over 80 minutes as normal, but with clubs able to field as many as 28 players in week-one matches and up to 26 in week-two matches, with unlimited interchanges at their disposal in both weeks.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When you look at the team/squad on paper like that you can see how much we've improved our roster. The 2nd half team you selected is on par of not better than some of the match day teams we put out last year.
Besides at prop our depth is way better than last season at every other position.