Opinion Pre Season Training

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The power the " clown crew" have in triggering so much of the content on here is crazy. For heavens sake people STOP RESPONDING so we can all enjoy discussing sensible, positive Bulldogs issues and a more hopeful upcoming 2024 season....at present every thread is highjacked with pages and pages of childish back and forth....who benefits the most from this rubbish? Yes it's the attention seeking "clown crew"...it's certainly not the vast majority of Kennellers who want no part of reading this dribble.
You are better off talking to a brick wall. As I said ages ago the Kennel community loves trolls and they love replying to them. It’s a big lovefest.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Use the report button like weve all been told if u have concern
2. My issue was with ur attempts to insult other members. Pls dont do it and maybe remove the insults from the post before
3. U have derailed this thread again on ur own by the course of action u took
What a snitch go run to mummy.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will not be buying into any tigers comparisons in a silly attempt to justify or make ourselfs feel better about our own failings.

Improving our jnr pathways (note I use the word improve not fix or repair, these were never broken) addresses about 20-25% of the puzzle and whether it is truly improved remains to be seen and defs not a given. The way we are operating and performing in the other 75-80% of our footy ops is still severly lacking. Weve now had Gus in charge for 2.5 yrs and all weve seen is regression and I forecast even further regression this yr.
We went from spoon to 15th with an extra team in the comp how is that regression?
This year will finish higher and remember our bet you will have to leave the kennel.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We went from spoon to 15th with an extra team in the comp how is that regression?
This year will finish higher and remember our bet you will have to leave the kennel.
Which teams do you think we finish higher than?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Which teams do you think we finish higher than?
we can only expect to maybe finish above Tiger and Dragon (both pretty much 50/50 with us). There are a couple of other teams we could finish above but I wouldn't be expecting it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dragons
Tigers
Raiders
Titans

I think the Eels are cooked and the Warriors may suffer a hangover after last year but I don't think we end up above them.
Titans will finish higher than us sadly. Their middles destroy ours & Hasler will improve them. Eels will make the top 8 easy this year if they get no injuries.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans will finish higher than us sadly. Their middles destroy ours & Hasler will improve them. Eels will make the top 8 easy this year if they get no injuries.
Hasler is a has been.

If he couldn't get Manly up he sure as hell won't get the Titans up.

Too many long term contract pampered forwards and Hasler.

Not a good combo.

Parra and Brad Arthur and on the downward spiral.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have high expectations and eels are on a fall they won’t make the eight me thinks.
They are more likely to make the top 4 than miss the 8. They will bounce back.

We have a bottom 5 roster.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler is a has been.

If he couldn't get Manly up he sure as hell won't get the Titans up.

Too many long term contract pampered forwards and Hasler.

Not a good combo.

Parra and Brad Arthur and on the downward spiral.
Manly made the finals the first year Hasler went back to Manly & he took them to the top 4 in 2021. They were in the 8 in 2022 until that jersey fiasco ruined them. He has improved every single team the first year that he coaches them.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly made the finals the first year Hasler went back to Manly & he took them to the top 4 in 2021. They were in the 8 in 2022 until that jersey fiasco ruined them. He has improved every single team the first year that he coaches them.
That was Manly.

His passion.

The Gold Coast is a different kettle.

I think the Titans are in for some pain this year

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That was Manly.

His passion.

The Gold Coast is a different kettle.

I think the Titans are in for some pain this year
He took us to a GF his first year. He isn't passionate about the Bulldogs.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tigers
Dragons
Dolphins
Titans
Cowboys
Raiders
Maybe parra
only teams we are capable of finishing ahead of are dragons and tigers every other team u listed have a way better spine and forward pack than ours

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
only teams we are capable of finishing ahead of are dragons and tigers every other team u listed have a way better spine and forward pack than ours
Tigers have better 1, 9 & middles than us also.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
An observation based on a number of pre season training sessions including opposed session and a number of jun rep trials - seems to be an emphasis on shifting the ball to the edges as quick as possible. Passes being forced n not hitting the mark as opposed to ball being dropped, halves having to run the ball more and requiring an insider option. Early days - the opposed sessions are far more enlightening than the fitness/skill/drill sessions - although last Saturday had a lot of repetition.