Opinion Pre Season Training

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This above comment is a bit confusing … my original comment was directed to @TheSexDogs ..

Where has he been wrong ?
Personally I’ve found his spelling grammar has been on point … and we both agree we need props ..

He can dwell on the negative a little to much but to say he’s on level with a school kids a bit much …
Ahhhh, ok. Yeah he’s not bad. I actually don’t mind his posts either. Yes, they’re negative but are written like an adult and provide substantial argument to get his point across.

Thought you meant 04Dreaming. His spelling and grammar is embarrassing. Automatically nullifies any argument he may raise.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or because he's an outside back and not a playmaker..
You cannot completely disregard he has plenty of try assists and a kit bag in a bog average team... All he needs is to steady his game and bring runners onto his passing at NRL level rather than freak out when he gets the ball and revert to being a center.

As I said and as even CC said its up to Burto to get his game right... We'll give him 10 rounds.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you know the field training times for next week - i assume the last session is the opposed / semi opposed session.
I usually find out the day before or on the day... I'll let you know when I get the info. Most sessions are 9:30am or 10:30am...

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh, ok. Yeah he’s not bad. I actually don’t mind his posts either. Yes, they’re negative but are written like an adult and provide substantial argument to get his point across.

Thought you meant 04Dreaming. His spelling and grammar is embarrassing. Automatically nullifies any argument he may raise.
There’s a big difference between constructive negativity and a straight out agenda .. the negative talk is warranted after our dismal past 7 years .. but even that can get a bit much especially going into a new season where most are again hoping this is the year we really start to turn things around ..

I’ve put that other fanatic on ignore … I still see a few comments when others reply to him and I see it’s the same old stuff he was saying 10 months ago when he joined .. I really don’t like the way he drags the whole club down when you can see those in charge care and are really trying to correct previous years massive stuff ups ..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is that but it’s not any ‘argument’ the #ClownCrew raises - arguments aren’t an issue. It’s the constant repetition of righteousness when it’s very clear that being right is the LAST thing they can claim.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Glamour signings like JAC and Crichton on overs should never have happened. Key position signings need to be sorted first. If we keep operating like this we will never come close to even top 8 finish let alone premiership threateners
Then if we don’t attempt to sign the glamour signing sack the lot got ya

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You cannot completely disregard he has plenty of try assists and a kit bag in a bog average team... All he needs is to steady his game and bring runners onto his passing at NRL level rather than freak out when he gets the ball and revert to being a center.

As I said and as even CC said its up to Burto to get his game right... We'll give him 10 rounds.
Sure, try assists from just spamming bombs and other kicks in behind that more often than not were never on and/or poorly executed. I'm sorry but I just don't see it working and neither do most other clubs fans, good player but not a half. Bulldog fans are the only ones that seem to think he is a half.

Burton is definitely capable of pulling off big plays so I understand why you'd want to persist with him in the halves however for the most part it is generally 70 minutes of misdirected passes, poorly timed runs, poor communication and poorly placed kicks with one or two flashes here that make his stats look good.

Just a note, Burton had 20 T/A last season for us. Averillo had 19. Burton at centre (yes he played some in the halves) for Penrith had 30. Are Burton's individual stats more important than the teams overall balance and success. Does Burton still produce pure points in another role? Does Burton as half make player around him better? Hmmmm

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sure, try assists from just spamming bombs and other kicks in behind that more often than not were never on and/or poorly executed. I'm sorry but I just don't see it working and neither do most other clubs fans, good player but not a half. Bulldog fans are the only ones that seem to think he is a half.

Burton is definitely capable of pulling off big plays so I understand why you'd want to persist with him in the halves however for the most part it is generally 70 minutes of misdirected passes, poorly timed runs, poor communication and poorly placed kicks with one or two flashes here that make his stats look good.

Just a note, Burton had 20 T/A last season for us. Averillo had 19. Burton at centre (yes he played some in the halves) for Penrith had 30. Are Burton's individual stats more important than the teams overall balance and success. Does Burton still produce pure points in another role? Does Burton as half make player around him better? Hmmmm
When did you get elected to speak for most other clubs fans?

I’d bet the house if burton was a free agent a large number of clubs would love to talk to him especially in the 6 jersey…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I’d bet the house if burton was a free agent a large number of clubs would love to talk to him especially in the 6 jersey…
Try using Twitter, Reddit, etc. It's all there to see. Plenty rate him, just not at 5/8. Burton has already been a free agent and other than Cronulla at the time no other club made him a comparable offer to us. So no, I don't think a lot of clubs would be after him as a 6. Maybe if he lowered his salary a few more clubs might be interested as it reduces the risk.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try using Twitter, Reddit, etc. It's all there to see. Plenty rate him, just not at 5/8. Burton has already been a free agent and other than Cronulla at the time no other club made him a comparable offer to us. So no, I don't think a lot of clubs would be after him as a 6. Maybe if he lowered his salary a few more clubs might be interested as it reduces the risk.
Personally I’m happy to cut Burton some slack, he was very good for us in a bad team in his first year at 6, most memorable was his tackle on Moses under the sticks to disallow him that try .. then he was shifted to 7, then back to 6 ..

I’m putting 2023 down to second year syndrome, poor preseason / fitness and early foot surgery ..

5/6 games in if he’s no producing I think myself & everyone on here will be calling for him to go back and play centre .. and he’d be aware of that ..

Do you think you could maybe also cut him some slack & see how he goes for 6 or so weeks ?

Here, I’ll answer for you ….. No !

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta will be fullback. Everything else is just a smokescreen.

Yes, it is true BT and even Wilson have all had goes training at fullback. However so has Critta, and Ciraldo is making everyone believe it'll be anyone else fullback but Critta.

Critta for 1.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its a strong argument no doubt, strong chance u'll be right by the end of it... We'll see how it pans out..Im really hoping the kid excels as he is a genuine game winner.

Worse case scenario we have the best friggin backline in the game or we shop him to the Saints, where he can reunite with Flanno.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Teams that might take Burton as their 6 for 800k a season:

Warriors
Knights
Sharks
Raiders
Sea Eagles
Dolphins
Dragons

Not even half the clubs would think about paying him 800k a season to be their 6.

I doubt the Warriors, Sharks & Sea Eagles would do it also.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Teams that might take Burton as their 6 for 800k a season:

Warriors
Knights
Sharks
Raiders
Sea Eagles
Dolphins
Dragons

Not even half the clubs would think about paying him 800k a season to be their 6.

I doubt the Warriors, Sharks & Sea Eagles would do it also.
Metcalf good value for Warrior.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I usually find out the day before or on the day... I'll let you know when I get the info. Most sessions are 9:30am or 10:30am...
Thank you

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yes, it is true BT and even Wilson have all had goes training at fullback. However so has Critta, and Ciraldo is making everyone believe it'll be anyone else fullback but Critta.

Critta for 1.
I'm with ya brutha

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score

Critta for 1.
Wrong. The smokescreen is Hayze Perham will take the 1 because of his "CoMuNiCation SKils"

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then if we don’t attempt to sign the glamour signing sack the lot got ya
Any fans who know there footy arent gonna care if we miss out on centres and wingers esp when they are commanding premium brass. Its the missing out on top props halves and fullbacks which haunt high footy iq fans and ultimetly the clubs prospects