Knight
Kikz
Presto
Curran

Mann
Hughes
RFM
Fasu / Edwards

Thats your team for round 1... I would be shocked otherwise. Rather don't be surprised if u see Curran and Mann on the field at same time some time during the game.
You reckon King Sexy is gonna get replaced by Hutcho?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sexy is still young, nothing wrong losing his place to a seasoned pro. Sexy's only way is up... Kid is working very hard and not far off.
One thing that really worries me about Sexton is that his greatest strength is his short kicking game and forcing line drops. The new rule change depending on how it plays out, could greatly effect his best asset.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wont be far off - still 6 weeks training n two trials to go

Is Montgomery still at the club? One player today i didnt recognise - might have been Montgomery - or Luke Smith?
Havent seen Monty since before Chrissy break... Others might have but i aint sure where he has gone. I personally rate Hopoi and Todd higher anyway.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@KLil how are the halves combinations gelling? Another onlooker mentioned a lot of passes hitting the ground at training today. Whos the most likely halves combo r1 from ur pov?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing that really worries me about Sexton is that his greatest strength is his short kicking game and forcing line drops. The new rule change depending on how it plays out, could greatly effect his best asset.
What rule change is that?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all the players, I'm really disappointed about JAC. Seems like he's slacking off, I understand he was injured towards the end of the year but seems like he's putting more effort into his off-field shit than trying to get his body ready for a big season. Hope im wrong, maybe he's just never been the fittest.
I think that is who he is though. He isn’t and has never been a good trainer. The issue I have is he is a senior player that younger players look at to see what preparation and training levels and standards are required. In contrast I think Crichton is the opposite to this. Does extras on his extras.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@KLil how are the halves combinations gelling? Another onlooker mentioned a lot of passes hitting the ground at training today. Whos the most likely halves combo r1 from ur pov?
Since your so invested, you cant head down for a sess? make ur own assessment? Maybe have a chat with the lads, Gus or Ciro, tell them what u really think.... You're a funny dude.

Truth, not even worried about forwards or fitness... My worry is team cohesion. Get that right we stress teams out. Its early days, just settled on a team.

Hutch picks the right passes, right kicks in right areas, brings players with him or gives his runners every chance of getting through their holes. I think Hutcho could be a massive signing for us.

Burton will be 5/8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Since your so invested, you cant head down for a sess? make ur own assessment? Maybe have a chat with the lads, Gus or Ciro, tell them what u really think.... You're a funny dude.

Truth, not even worried about forwards or fitness... My worry is team cohesion. Get that right we stress teams out. Its early days, just settled on a team.

Hutch picks the right passes, right kicks in right areas, brings players with him or gives his runners every chance of getting through their holes. I think Hutcho could be a massive signing for us.

Burton will be 5/8.
Feel for Kikau then.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is a goer... Has some decent runs in him and is willing in defense... He might come good but i'll call it from now, small motor in a big chassis. Those ones usually fcuk up at NRL level once fatigue kicks in. Post earlier reckon's he hurt his wrist... I know that look, its a i need a break injury.

Im hoping CC goes Edwards or Morrin instead as they just offer more.
I love Morrin he’s a goer but he’s a liability in defence was missing just as many sometimes more tackles then Reed. If he fixes his defence up he can be a gun.
Edwards is opposite decent defender not so great at running lines ect both have a heap of potential hopefully we see it this year

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Burton will be 5/8.
Training isnt the place for that. I will be at the AGM

Im worried about the forwards. Cohesion is built from the platform layed by the forwards first and formost

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton really the Daniel Jones of the NRL. Cooked as a rookie but been very flawed since and got offered a huge contract when he didn’t need one

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Training isnt the place for that. I will be at the AGM

Im worried about the forwards. Cohesion is built from the platform layed by the forwards first and formost
Training is a place for you to eat your words or at least check them before you write them?

Would say that's more the ability to ball play and the level of difficulty to roll through attacking structures.... Cohesion is built by the amount of possession with ball in hand and game time.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Training is a place for you to eat your words or at least check them before you write them?

Would say that's more the ability to ball play and the level of difficulty to roll through attacking structures.... Cohesion is built by the amount of possession with ball in hand and game time.
Lol by watching us train? According to the other guy who went today there was drop balls and passes hitting the grass left right and center. I dont even know how people find the time to go and watch training sessions lol lifes too short

And u dont get the ability to properly ball play unless the forwards can at least get some sort of roll on. That will be our problem yet again as we are still waiting for this to be addressed