Opinion Pre Season Training

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got told something from someone in the club who is currently working there.

Drew #7
Xerri & Critta Centres
Fox and Kiraz Centres
Taffe Fullback
So this bloke reckons we will have for centres ? :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Sexton would be a certainty, but Hutchison is firming in the betting
I'm not sure how the team will line up and I can't say that upsets me in the slightest. At the beginning of last season there was an air of hope that a youngster would step up from ones we'd tried before. I think Rajab was the big hope. So it's a nice change to have a handful of options for the spine, even if some of them are utilities.

And I don't actually mind who our 1, 6, 7 & 9 are as long as they're not picked on favoritism.

I'm actually feeling some excitement about the season to come. On paper this is the best roster we've had in years IMO. In spite of needing props, or youngsters to emerge there, we're in pretty good shape across the 17 and we have some handy replacements available if injury strikes.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the team will line up and I can't say that upsets me in the slightest. At the beginning of last season there was an air of hope that a youngster would step up from ones we'd tried before. I think Rajab was the big hope. So it's a nice change to have a handful of options for the spine, even if some of them are utilities.

And I don't actually mind who our 1, 6, 7 & 9 are as long as they're not picked on favoritism.

I'm actually feeling some excitement about the season to come. On paper this is the best roster we've had in years IMO. In spite of needing props, or youngsters to emerge there, we're in pretty good shape across the 17 and we have some handy replacements available if injury strikes.
I'm optimistic too. If 1 or more of Hughes,Patolo or Kautoga can have breakout years,all of a sudden we will be looking good.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not set in stone and only cos he’s missed large part of the pre season /team reps because he’s been nursing an injury
That's just as shit. We're so close to the season kick off and we're still umming and ahhing over what is probably the second most important position on the field. Just play Tracey, he's the better player.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's just as shit. We're so close to the season kick off and we're still umming and ahhing over what is probably the second most important position on the field. Just play Tracey, he's the better player.
Yeah, my preference is for him to be Fullback or Centre at worse case scenario, he didn’t leave Sharks to play NSW Cup here

Xerri might look the part and is training the house down but the reality is he has been away from all football for 4 years and needs to find his feet initially in Cup otherwise he will get eaten up early in Fg season proper

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure the coaching staff know who they want there. We will have an idea after the Melbourne game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, my preference is for him to be Fullback or Centre at worse case scenario, he didn’t leave Sharks to play NSW Cup here

Xerri might look the part and is training the house down but the reality is he has been away from all football for 4 years and needs to find his feet initially in Cup otherwise he will get eaten up early in Fg season proper
Yup, Tracey didn't give up his centre spot (that he just won over Talakai) to come play NSW cup for us. I doubt he even gave it up to play centre for us.

So Crichton and Kiraz centres to start? Is Kiraz actually fit? Like REALLY fit? Not carrying anything? I have my doubts. Fox and Wilson wings?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

hence why I think trials play a massive part on who’s got what position. If xerri kills it then he will take a spot. If he doesn’t than a few games in reserve grade and possibility return to first grade after.

What I was told was BASED on the fact of how trials turn out. If they all smash it out and blitz trials then the backline I said will definitely happen.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What else would you expect when there is genuine competition for spots?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A coach to have a clear vision. Competition for spots is fake news.
Pffft...

The problem with "a clear vision" is it results in eggs being put all in one basket, it can also result in players taking it easy. I'd rather a coach that knows their stuff and has plans, but can adapt and respond to changing circumstances.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pffft...

The problem with "a clear vision" is it results in eggs being put all in one basket, it can also result in players taking it easy. I'd rather a coach that knows their stuff and has plans, but can adapt and respond to changing circumstances.
There's no changing circumstances, a ball hasn't been kicked yet.