Opinion Pre Season Training

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was to late by the time we had a full strength team, I think it was round 22 or 23 before we had our full strength team plus couple of the players played injured.
0 wins 4 losses after round 22 lol didnt help much

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any fans who know there footy arent gonna care if we miss out on centres and wingers esp when they are commanding premium brass. Its the missing out on top props halves and fullbacks which haunt high footy iq fans and ultimetly the clubs prospects
FW

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Predicting who will finish were in 9 months is a futile waste of time. Some clubs have had many personnel changes, some have had only a few losses but they were quality players, for example Donkeys losing Flegler, Farnworth and Capewell and Cronulla losing Moylan, Tracey and Graham. A few teams will undoubtedly suffer early in the season from the players they have lost before the players they have replaced them with get up to speed, particularly the week in week out NRL mental and physical loads.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na, don't agree at all. Calling Fermor "solid" is an insult lol.
Agree, Fermor was at least twice as good as Fafita the season before last, at much less cost. Question is how well he comes back from the ACL injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, Fermor was at least twice as good as Fafita the season before last, at much less cost. Question is how well he comes back from the ACL injury.
Most players take about 6-12 months to find their best after after the return from an ACL injury. Cotter is probably the one NRL player that made a freak return from an ACL, he literally came back a better player.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An observation based on a number of pre season training sessions including opposed session and a number of jun rep trials - seems to be an emphasis on shifting the ball to the edges as quick as possible. Passes being forced n not hitting the mark as opposed to ball being dropped, halves having to run the ball more and requiring an insider option. Early days - the opposed sessions are far more enlightening than the fitness/skill/drill sessions - although last Saturday had a lot of repetition.
Good read mate...gets my imagination going and throws a few selection spanners into my fantasy puttanesca....good high quality spanners. Fingers crossed they gel to the point we can start using words like 'slick' 'dangerous' and 'entertaining'

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll literally put 10k that Titans finish above us. If anyone is keen please post on this and also DM. We can organise a third party to hold the money (pretty sure Sportsbet do this) or we could possibly frame a market on Betfair. I’m very serious if anyone likes to put their money where their mouth is. I hope I’m wrong obviously but yeah happy to take the bet.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tits fans aren’t thrilled because Fifi gets all the ball and Fermor is wasted. It doesn’t help Foz playing next to him. Edit-I meant Fox next to Fifi giving him heaps of good ball and old mate on the right only gets scraps.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good read mate...gets my imagination going and throws a few selection spanners into my fantasy puttanesca....good high quality spanners. Fingers crossed they gel to the point we can start using words like 'slick' 'dangerous' and 'entertaining'
I sense based on watching and recruitment that they want to speed up the attack - put less burden on the bigger forwards in attack so they can be more effective in defence - BUT "slick" "entertaining" "dangerous" ???? - will need a lot of good decision making and near perfect passing otherwise they'll get smashed

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ll literally put 10k that Titans finish above us. If anyone is keen please post on this and also DM. We can organise a third party to hold the money (pretty sure Sportsbet do this) or we could possibly frame a market on Betfair. I’m very serious if anyone likes to put their money where their mouth is. I hope I’m wrong obviously but yeah happy to take the bet.
How about a banged up unregisterable 1992 model suzuki swift with smashed front end (roo) missing front guard (nephew) and a smashed windscreen (another roo - dashcam would have been awesome) Sentimentally its worth 15K :grinning: