Pre-Season chat: Josh Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jackson catches up with bulldogs.com.au to chat about the pre-season, what’s changed and Aiden Tolman.

How have you found the pre-season?

It’s always tough at this time of the year, particular before Christmas. Training has been really good, it’s been positive. We have a lot of guys training well and a lot of competition for spots.

Has the approach to the summer been different this year?

It’s always disappointing to go out the way we did, so the boys really wanted to get in, train hard, rip in and do better next year. We want to start the year really well and hopefully get that early top four spot, because I think that’s crucial to being there at the back end of the year. There is still a long way to go, but will rip in.

What’s been the focus over the summer?

This time of the year it’s about working hard and trying to get the miles in the legs and get the conditioning right. We’re doing a bit of ball work and skills as well, which has definitely changed. Moey (Moses Mbye) and Grubby (Josh Reynolds) are really working hard in that area to make sure all the plays are going the right way and I think we’re going to be pretty sharp in 2017.

Can you see a change in the boys?

All we can do at this time of the season is work hard and make sure we’re doing everything right.

How important is the re-signing of Aiden Tolman?

It’s great news for the club. He’s a great leader on and off the field and for him to be a part of the Bulldogs for the next four years, is a real positive for the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe be less coached in what to say? "Ball work and skill, which has definitely changed" and the token Tolman is a great leader on and off the field makes me think they've picked a new Captain.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe be less coached in what to say? "Ball work and skill, which has definitely changed" and the token Tolman is a great leader on and off the field makes me think they've picked a new Captain.
Maybe to distract him talking to the ref, so he can't take a 5th tackle hitup?

beaudean

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone know if Brenko is havin a go at first grade?or kennar

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Heard Brenko was in the fat squad

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brenko looks like he's putting in a lot of effort in the training vids in my opinion

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if Brenko is havin a go at first grade?or kennar
Not sure about Brenko.
Kennar isn't (still in rehab group I believe), and when interviewed recently for Bulldogs site said he hoped to make the NRL side this year and fill in.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
didn't answer that question at all....went right around it lol
Yeah my thoughts also. Wonder if it's because things are different and want to be hush hush or nothing is different and they know we will go nuts?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The forwards are not the problem.

And everyone knows it, Jj is so diplomatic but at least we know that he knows the problem lies with moey and Grubby. if I was doing my job correctly but the front desk kept f'ing up causing me to redo the job again and again I don't think I could hold back. Get up em JJ

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did you find that out mate?
Des rates him and has been trying to bring him over for a while, he has been quoted saying "Des has given me the chance to play in my preferred position (which is right side centre)", he was brought over to play first grade because he is first grade caliber player, his competition is Kerrod Holland (lol).

Richard kennar is fighting to be fit for round one. Kennar has played on the wing at Storm but his body shape indicates he would suit centre.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The forwards are not the problem.

And everyone knows it, Jj is so diplomatic but at least we know that he knows the problem lies with moey and Grubby. if I was doing my job correctly but the front desk kept f'ing up causing me to redo the job again and again I don't think I could hold back. Get up em JJ
The problem lies with Des' structures, preventing our halves from being halves, and promoting fatigued front rowers to first receiver.

beaudean

Waterboy
Reaction score
Interesting who's gunna be on the wing maybe Phillips? Don't mind him has abit of speed

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting who's gunna be on the wing maybe Phillips? Don't mind him has abit of speed
Maybe Phillips..

they way I see it is both centre positions are lokced (Jmoz and B Lee), and Hopoate ad B moz will be somewhere, which leave one spot left.. most likely a wing position. And the only players that are fighting for it are Phillips, Holland and Abbey + Kennar if he is not injured. Reimis Smith broke his leg late last season so doubt he would be fighting for the spot, Montoya probably down the pecking order

Status
Not open for further replies.