Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hoping all the boys just rip in for each other every week... Sharing the workload is paramount!

CANNOT afford injuries, Curran playing all stars is killing me.
Long season brother. Don’t stress from now. At least we get to watch Bulldogs players twice this week.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What happened to our boy Harrison J Edwards?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes true but we also saw Fox let in far to many tries attempting it.
You middle to outside middle defence set up your defensive lines. In other words your centres, lock and second rowers. Good teams (ones contending) have players that DO NOT miss tackles in these positions. Wingers are therefore left to mark their man and not be having to make decisions coming in and what not. This is why I'm far less concerned about wingers, but if you have those positions gifting linebreaks and missed tackles you are so screwed. It just looks bad with the winger making a decision, he shouldn't have to be doing it.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
With Burto and Hutch that is one massive halves pairing:

Burto : 190 cm 96Kg
Hutch: 187 cm 97 Kg

That is a pair of second rowers (or at least big centres) in the halves, would easily be the biggest in the NRL. If Burto aims up that should really help our defence. Less obvious targets in the line. One reason I don't like the Roosters is I just can't see a pairing of Keary (85Kg) and Walker (78) Kg working. That is two small bodies in the halves and two big targets. Our halves combined have 30 Kgs or so on that pair.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

That is a pair of second rowers (or at least big centres) in the halves, would easily be the biggest in the NRL. If Burto aims up that should really help our defence. Less obvious targets in the line. One reason I don't like the Roosters is I just can't see a pairing of Keary (85Kg) and Walker (78) Kg working. That is two small bodies in the halves and two big targets. Our halves combined have 30 Kgs or so on that pair.
If either of them don't work out in the halves, we could always give them a run at prop lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

.... Our halves combined have 30 Kgs or so on that pair.
Also why Taaffe could be a good fit at fullback. As he can come into the line as a playmaker, a bit more lively than Burton and Hutchison and able to get the ball out wide more quickly.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hughes was actually on the starting side whilst Knight was running with the reserves in the last few sessions before they went behind closed doors.

Could be nothing but was shocked when i saw it weeks ago.
[/QUOTE
He has always had big raps on him coming through the juniors at Parra.
Has benefited from a full preseason and surprised many. Needs 20 first grade games this year to develop and show full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.