Power rankings: How your club has recruited ahead of the 2019 season

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The game is moving away from big boppers and more towards mobile forwards who can play longer minutes.

If the Dogs so badly need a forward, why not toss Greg Eastwood $200k a season for a 1+1 deal in the clubs favour. Cheaper than Napa and he was playing well towards the back end of the season.
Yeah because Eastwood is known for his mobility and long minutes! Its pretty telling no other club has gone near him.....

He gave the club good service but its a step backwards to get him back into the squad.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are light with experience for sure. But I have high hopes for Ogden and Renouf. The new bash brothers. Fualalo has not progressed at all so these two guys need to be in before him.
Experience means everything wspecially for props.. it takes time for props to mature , rarely do players become great props before 23 or 24yrs..

Our clubs usual system of letting them develop off the bench has served us well over the years.. and we usually have some experienced strong props starting for the kids to learn off..

Experience is everything upfront..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A bit early to do a story on 2019 recruitment imo. It's only mid November ffs.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game is moving away from big boppers and more towards mobile forwards who can play longer minutes.

If the Dogs so badly need a forward, why not toss Greg Eastwood $200k a season for a 1+1 deal in the clubs favour. Cheaper than Napa and he was playing well towards the back end of the season.

Loves the club too!

You missed out Chris Smith, and Rhyse Martin.

Also back to back seasons interrupted by major injuries.
Both Chris Smith & Martin are back rowers- Smith barely made the ISP sides at the Panthers & Wyong. Squad player hopefully 2019 is his breakout year- has had injuries but can play on edge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's why Napa needs a change.

Under Pay, under his philosophy of madness...
Yh i'm sure he will perform infinitely better with the quality at the Dogs instead of the shit around him at the Roosters..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, To'omaga, Ogden, Tualau and potentially RFM if he makes the move. Also have Jackson and Elliott at lock.. there's more than enough to work with so how about the coaching staff do their fucking job and improve their overall game.
<Massive Massive questions over that front row... tough fukn gig.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
We don’t need anymore forwards, we need our current forwards to do their fucking job.
Klems money should be used to get us a hooker or half.
Do the job???? Our current front row roster minus Klemmer is a major concern there is no dominant,aggressive or experienced character- Napa or Tom Burgess Is a must (@$300-400k less than Klemmer p/season) its a no brainer.
So you weaken the front row stock & purchase another hooker/half even though at present we have Lichaa,JMK, Foran,Lewis,Cogger Wakeham & Nu Brown
Given that both Foran & Lichaa represent a fair chunk of the salary cap. At present there are no outstanding halves/hookers on the market & if they were they would command in excess of $600k p/season which we don’t have for 2019

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is what it is, victim of circumstances, still pretty sure we can put together a competitive side capable of rocking the top four.
In the right mindset we can put record scores on Kogarah, what next?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’v been in Football Operations for the last 10years, I previously held tenures at the Roosters, Rabbitohs & Sharks.
So you work for the NRL in their football operations, and previously you worked for the Rotters, Rabbits and Sharks.
So which club do you support, the kennels opinion of the NRL has been well documented on this forum, we would be a lot happier if you would/could improve their performance.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you work for the NRL in their football operations, and previously you worked for the Rotters, Rabbits and Sharks.
So which club do you support, the kennels opinion of the NRL has been well documented on this forum, we would be a lot happier if you would/could improve their performance.
Trust me it’s much easier looking from the outside in....
The Dogs are my passion I grew up watching Gary Dowling, Robbo, the Mortimers, Hughes’,cutler,Dr George, J Coveney al every Sunday at Belmore in the 70s & 80s. The first game I remember watching was the 1974 Grand Final, I was hooked on the Berries from that day forward.

#1 The personnel in charge of the Football club are the right people for the current situation we’re in. I need to highlight J Ballesty & P Winchester as they steady the ship & navigate through our finances while being vigilant to the fact we need a competitive roster.

#2 The return of Tony Ayoub will improve player performance measurably.

#3 We saw toward the backend of last season how Pay wants to play the game but can’t seriously get into the market for key signings until the end of 2019. I’m not a fan of either Antonelli nor Penna however the acquisition of Steve James as Skills Coach will assist our players’ skillset immensely.

With a bit of luck, we’ll surprise next season. There should be 2 further signings to come.