Power couple: Gould and Hansen set to form NRL’s most revered alliance

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is the criteria for their success and how long do they have to achieve it?
Given the size of the hole, I'm happy to give them as long as they want. The only criteria worth talking about is improvement. Every year should see an improvement in key numbers:

- Youth participation
- Overall performance through all the grades
- Membership
- Finances, sponsorships, and community partnerships

They get all of those things moving in the right direction, the Bulldogs will be back, it will be matter of when, not if.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll just expand on this in case it is unclear. Penriff first grade were still struggling until only the season before last. However since about 2013 their lower grades have been getting better and better. Hence "overall performance" is important. If the first grade team comes bottom 4 next season, but the lower grades mostly come top 4 in their respective competitions, that counts as improvement in overall performance, and it means we are heading in the right direction.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll just expand on this in case it is unclear. Penriff first grade were still struggling until only the season before last. However since about 2013 their lower grades have been getting better and better. Hence "overall performance" is important. If the first grade team comes bottom 4 next season, but the lower grades mostly come top 4 in their respective competitions, that counts as improvement in overall performance, and it means we are heading in the right direction.
Wondering what Gus thinks of having reserve grade coupled in with Mounties? Does that fact affect any of his thoughts or logistics for team/club bonding etc?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wondering what Gus thinks of having reserve grade coupled in with Mounties? Does that fact affect any of his thoughts or logistics for team/club bonding etc?
My tip is he will work with the system that is in place, and if he see's problems or ways things could be done better, he will put his case to the people who matter (I think they are called steakholders, but I don't like using that word as it makes me feel hungry) and make changes from there.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These words gentlemen will strike fear into other administrations around the game as we will be a powerhouse in the future for years to come. Our Grandchildren will be telling stories of this moment in time when the Dogs rose again from wooden spoons to Glory and success !!
Well done to Chairmean John Khoury CEO Aaron Warburton and Board members for putting our train back on track !!!
A lot of hard work still ahead of us...
Now I can see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel :grinning:
And it's not the runaway train coming from the opposite side :grinning:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the size of the hole, I'm happy to give them as long as they want. The only criteria worth talking about is improvement. Every year should see an improvement in key numbers:

- Youth participation
- Membership
- Finances, sponsorships, and community partnerships

They get all of those things moving in the right direction, the Bulldogs will be back, it will be matter of when, not if.
That's fair, the only reason I asked was I doubt you guys want to hear about 5 year plans etc?

Do you see them as long term or fix it and move on type appointments? Again why I ask is if they do turn you guys back into a powerhouse they'll be sort after to do it with other clubs, particularly Gus.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the talk around the club in the media is positive at the moment which is a nice change.

Hansen mentions building a good culture and strong values though and selecting Napa after missing training is the complete opposite of that. Hopefully Baz learns from this and everyone is made more accountable and held to a higher standard moving forward.
In reality we don't know the full details, and from the club's point of view the less said the better.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to skip forward 5 years and say we will be playing out of Liverpool and have a centre of excellence built in that time to ensure we can become a power house club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's fair, the only reason I asked was I doubt you guys want to hear about 5 year plans etc?

Do you see them as long term or fix it and move on type appointments? Again why I ask is if they do turn you guys back into a powerhouse they'll be sort after to do it with other clubs, particularly Gus.
Hey Kambahone
Just out of curiosity, what is the symbol above the stagg in your avatar ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am sure they will do what sees fit...
For now we have an agreement with the Mounties to honor.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
[/QUOTE

I miss our colours but can see the benefit of keeping the alignment with Mounties. There not the strongest junior club. But they play in the parra comp. they also if a new stadium gets built in Liverpool are closely aligned with distance. They also have a strong relationship with Peter Warren Ford our old sponsorship. Also most importantly have financial clout. That enables us to use financial clout for lots different avenues.
I feel although different and at times difficult to swallow the alignment fits well giving a growth corridor from parramatta through Liverpool to Oran park, Camden and Campbeltown.
Either way I’m happy however

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All good. Pluses and minuses.
Just wondering what Gus makes of the biggest club in Sydney not having stand alone reserve grade. It's maybe not as clear cut a junior development tool in the long run?
Happy to let the club figure that out. They know the cost/benefit analyses of it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am sure they will do what sees fit...
For now we have an agreement with the Mounties to honor.
For sure.
How much longer is the agreement?
Any idea?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Gould will become like the Late Bullfrog and get the place in order