Potter gets the nod as interim

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury premiership winner and former Tigers coach Mick Potter will step in as interim coach following Barrett’s departure, assistants David Furner and Craig Sandercock will prepare the side this week

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting some comments from Anasta in the last few days. Sherwin has tried to be involved but hasn’t had a look in? (I thought he was a halves coach?)
Anasta was asked to attend training and support but is waiting for a phone call?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Canterbury premiership winner and former Tigers coach Mick Potter will step in as interim coach following Barrett’s departure, assistants David Furner and Craig Sandercock will prepare the side this week
Potter is in charge effective immediately it has been reported and was at the training today, im sure Gus picked the team this week not furner/sandincock

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Interesting some comments from Anasta in the last few days. Sherwin has tried to be involved but hasn’t had a look in? (I thought he was a halves coach?)
Anasta was asked to attend training and support but is waiting for a phone call?
Yeah but is he shit talking like the rest of the scumbags?

Could of sworn ive seen Shifty at training a few times...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Veteran journalist reveals he helped Robbie Farah get a former Wests Tigers coach sacked
Veteran journalist Tony Adams, aka ‘The Mole’, has reopened old wounds as his feud with retiring Wests Tigers legend Robbie Farah goes on.

The Mole on Tuesday shared a fan’s post on social media not long after Farah announced he would be retiring at season’s end. The original post said, “Great player. Pretty average bloke.”

That Tweet was then quoted by The Mole who wrote: “Think that sums it up.”

The bitterness goes all the way back to 2014 after then Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter was axed by the club after a player revolt. There had been strong rumblings throughout Potter’s tenure at Concord of a disconnect between Potter and certain players.

On July 17, 2014, The Mole wrote a story for the defunct Rugby League Week reporting Potter was on borrowed time and Wests Tigers players were “throwing their support behind Todd Payten”.

1652874503507.png
Farah was then forced to deny a few weeks later that he told Triple M’s Gorden Tallis that Potter ‘couldn’t coach’.

By the end of September, Potter was gone.

“We certainly had our issues through the year and I tried to address them as best I could,” Potter told The Sunday Footy Show at the time.

“But it wasn’t just about trying to please Robbie, it was about trying to get the best out of our team and sometimes that doesn’t rub too well with him [Farah].”

1652874549369.png

Replying to a fan on Twitter, Adams explained the hostilities between the pair.

“We were tight,” The Mole said of his relationship with Farah, “He got Moley to help axe a @WestsTigers coach – something I am now not proud of – then when shit hit the fan, he blamed me for it all.”
Adams reportedly approached Farah at Redfern when the hooker first joined South Sydney in 2017 where The Mole offered to bury the hatchet with a handshake. Farah refused.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Potter does well does he get the job permanently?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but is he shit talking like the rest of the scumbags?

Could of sworn ive seen Shifty at training a few times...
He's a player manager and works for the organisation that wants to destroy Gould. No thanks.

And besides - Josh Jackson wasnt criticising Anasta because he never comes to Belomore, he was criticising Anasta for saying that the Dogs have lost their DNA byet he hasnt seen what goes on behind closed doors

Anasta is super succesfull but I hope Ansta realises that the 2004 GF was one fot the worst games of his life. The worst big game player i can ever remember

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's a player manager and works for the organisation that wants to destroy Gould. No thanks.

And besides - Josh Jackson wasnt criticising Anasta because he never comes to Belomore, he was criticising Anasta for saying that the Dogs have lost their DNA byet he hasnt seen what goes on behind closed doors

Anasta is super succesfull but I hope Ansta realises that the 2004 GF was one fot the worst games of his life. The worst big game player i can ever remember
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy the dickhead wasn't asked to come and "help" us.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone also needs to get behind our captain. He is a warrior and as staunch as they come. Its not his fault BAZ tried to make him something he isnt.
Right now its grit and passion that we need more than talent, and no one has more of that than JJ. He wont be around when we are finally competing at the top again but he would have played a major role.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone also needs to get behind our captain. He is a warrior and as staunch as they come. Its not his fault BAZ tried to make him something he isnt.
Right now its grit and passion that we need more than talent, and no one has more of that than JJ. He wont be around when we are finally competing at the top again but he would have played a major role.
He will prove to us if Baz was the problem or he is the problem.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will prove to us if Baz was the problem or he is the problem.
Yep agree....I feel like we have alot of street fights ahead of us wiht ohter teams and media, and we need people like him and gus in our corner.