Post match press conference | round 6 v Cowboys

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks absolutely clueless.
Tbh bro I think it’s the face of a man trying to keep it together because he knows he is incharge of the weakest roster and the most inexperienced team in comparison to the rest of the teams in the NRL. He also probably didn’t think it would pan out the way it currently is. He needs to make some big decisions on who plays where for the remainder of the season ie; Averillo, Wakeham, Lewis and then you have the constant chopping and changing of the backline. Key injuries and now again suspensions aren’t helping his cause either.

next season we really need to go hard and get the key buys. A world class #9 and some competition leading props.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz looks fitter than most of our players.. Should do the interview without a shirt..
He should run out next week. I’m sure he could tackle better then Averillo and he could take on the line better then Flanagan :p

Captain and coach. Make it happen baz :p do we still have 1 roster spot opened :p

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh bro I think it’s the face of a man trying to keep it together because he knows he is incharge of the weakest roster and the most inexperienced team in comparison to the rest of the teams in the NRL. He also probably didn’t think it would pan out the way it currently is. He needs to make some big decisions on who plays where for the remainder of the season ie; Averillo, Wakeham, Lewis and then you have the constant chopping and changing of the backline. Key injuries and now again suspensions aren’t helping his cause either.

next season we really need to go hard and get the key buys. A world class #9 and some competition leading props.
We have an embarrassing squad. It is easily the worst in the Comp. and the squad strength is deserving of our position.

Hoppa as captain?:nomouth: Guy hasn’t played 1 decent game this year. Should have been dropped. Only problem is we have no cabs left in our rank.

if we are awaiting the return of okunbor with open arms for a wing spot you know there are major squad problems:joycat:

Both katoas are trash. Our forwards (barring Elliot and Thompson) are barely reserve grade quality (some should be trialling for Jim beam cup to be honest). The team is abysmal unfortunately. And unfortunately for baz we won’t be competitive this year. But he doesn’t deserve the criticism when our squad is literally the second least experienced (now without Jackson the most inexperienced 17). And the “marquee” players we have don’t make the 13 at any other team (hoppa, Jackson, Napa anyone?)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What can he say....except maybe

"I Quit...I've got better things to do with my time than try and teach you guys to catch, pass, tackle, kick, act like first graders.

Time to start slapping their faces Baz. Be like your old coach Brown.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m hearing a bunch of excuses.

Our roster has improved this year, but the team is travelling significantly worse. We shouldn’t be going this badly, plain and simple.

The team that rolled us today were weaker than us on paper. They were without 2 of their marquee men for 2021 (Taumalolo & Morgan), completed their sets at the diabolical rate of 70%, making 15 errors in the process (more than any other team this round).

0 and 6 now Superman. Alarm bells are ringing.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Our roster has improved this year, but the team is travelling significantly worse. We shouldn’t be going this badly, plain and simple.

The team that rolled us today were weaker than us on paper. They were without 2 of their marquee men for 2021 (Taumalolo & Morgan), completed their sets at the diabolical rate of 70%, making 15 errors in the process (more than any other team this round).

I beg to differ that that Cowboys team on paper was weaker then our team. On paper the Cowboys have a pretty damn good team who should be pushing for top 8.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I beg to differ that that Cowboys team on paper was weaker then our team. On paper the Cowboys have a pretty damn good team who should be pushing for top 8.
You’ve gotta be kidding. They were woeful today and their only wins have come against the Tigers and us, 15th and 16th.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’ve gotta be kidding. They were woeful today and their only wins have come against the Tigers and us, 15th and 16th.
Nope no jokes here. On paper we are the leagues most inexperienced team and our halves pairing who are in nappies are also not just the youngest but the most inexperienced of any halves in the NRL. We have also been struck with injuries in key positions so don’t just point out the players unavailable for the Cowboys but consider our outs too ..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope no jokes here. On paper we are the leagues most inexperienced team and our halves pairing who are in nappies are also not just the youngest but the most inexperienced of any halves in the NRL. We have also been struck with injuries in key positions so don’t just point out the players unavailable for the Cowboys but consider our outs too ..
But you’re watching the Cowboys play and telling me they’re a top 8 team, I think you’re in lala land.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You also have to take into consideration the plodders who we had last year are one year older and slower (Napa and Hoppa perfect examples) thanks to the old regime.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

A MAJOR issue with our roster that Barrett should have addressed is the forwards. Except Thompson & Hetherington our props are reserve graders.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A MAJOR issue with our roster that Barrett should have addressed is the forwards. Except Thompson & Hetherington our props are reserve graders.
And he will be able to do that in the off season when those reserve graders you speak of are finally off contract. With the hope those that remain under contract get a tap on the shoulder to look elsewhere for e.g. Stimson.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz looks fitter than most of our players.. Should do the interview without a shirt..
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: YES that’s right, he could go by a few names..

TBAZ
BAZ
Mr Smooth
Stud
Pretty boy

just to name a few:tonguewink: !!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys spine shits on our spine. They have a better 9 and 1, even if you argue the 6 and 7 are equal (which I would disagree with). In the end the class of Robson and Holmes was the difference. Cowboys are shit but sadly we're even shittier