Post match interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Beside how absolutely shi1t we are. Is our coach just as sh1t as our players!?? How can can you be positive about tonight's performance? I mean really!!!! WTF is going on.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des wont tell anyone what he is really thinking, he said ennis's foot was fine when it wasn't.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
For some reason I don't remember him spewin bullsh1t when he was coaching Manly! I remember him always telling it like it was! Rippn doors down and that!!! I'm fukn over it!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For some reason I don't remember him spewin bullsh1t when he was coaching Manly! I remember him always telling it like it was! Rippn doors down and that!!! I'm fukn over it!
He isnt allowed to do that anymore, thats why these post match interviews are a waste because if you question anything they fine you.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone should ask Des why his team can only muster 30mins of football in any given game. This goes even for when we are winning.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des may have trex disease ,over paid and too comfortable

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He isnt allowed to do that anymore, thats why these post match interviews are a waste because if you question anything they fine you.
He is allowed to say his team are playing like crap. I'm not talking about the refs.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beside how absolutely shi1t we are. Is our coach just as sh1t as our players!?? How can can you be positive about tonight's performance? I mean really!!!! WTF is going on.
I don't think our players are all shit performers but the stand out shitters for me are Hodkinson, Williams and to a lesser extent Kasiano. To me Kasiano never looks fit enough to play at his best in first grade; he may put in 100% by his standard but its only about 65% of what's needed.

As far as Hasler is concerned picking Hodkinson and Williams puts the team under the pump from the get go by having two non performers on the paddock at the same time. Then we look at the Bulldogs attack... no set plays, no variation and usually shithouse last tackle options. With Hasler running the show most of our players are just going through the motions, in fact Hasler is having a negative impact on the team this season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Someone should ask Des why his team can only muster 30mins of football in any given game. This goes even for when we are winning.
The reason we only have 30 mins of footy in us is that Des has a chubby for huge forwards who are more size than mobility or stamina, insists on choosing 4 huge forwards on the bench every game no matter who we are playing. For me the bench should vary depending upon the team we play and not set in stone that they must be over 110kgs to be there.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hasler looks like hes lost interest in coaching the dogs he bumbles and fumbles along with the same dull boring style keeps the same players week after week no matter how poor they are playing, maybe the rumors from a few weeks back are correct, about hasler going back to manly

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
hasler looks like hes lost interest in coaching the dogs he bumbles and fumbles along with the same dull boring style keeps the same players week after week no matter how poor they are playing, maybe the rumors from a few weeks back are correct, about hasler going back to manly
He dogged his loved team to come to us, what's stopping him dogging a team he doesn't give a f*** about?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of him concentrating on completion all the time.. what about the fact that our team couldn't score even if they were in a Thai brothel...

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Hasler is in the outer on his making. He is dictating his own exit from the Bulldogs. This will be his last year.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler is in the outer on his making. He is dictating his own exit from the Bulldogs. This will be his last year.
What looks like like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck Is probably des wanting to go back to manly.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tuned into the press conference.. one of the first things des says is 'we didnt play well'

How is that a positive?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats to be gained by telling the media and everyone what the issues are? generic answers are all he gives in post match interviews..... nobody here seems to mind when he does it after a win.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Des usually reels of completion and possessions stats, as if to say "you can't really blame us for loosing up against those number", but doesn't acknowledge that good stats are the result of playing well. 90% of field position, possession, and completions come from a team playing well, and controlling well.

This week was one of the first times I've seen him admit that the stats were self-inflicted, albeit in a half hearted kind of way.

He is a politician, and we never know what he's really thinking in interviews.

One thing is for sure though, he needs to evolve the way the Dogs play football.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering how much is Des and how much is the players.

If you are a parent and you tell your kids to do something and time after time after time after time they dont listen, what do you do?

You can't smack a first grader or put them in the naughty corner, and Des probably feels that given how shit NSW Cup are going at the moment, the threat to drop one to promote another is pointless.

I mean if you drop Hodko, the options in NSW Cup are even worse.

As such, as a coach it must be quite draining.

Add into this if the club have not allowed him to enter the chase for guys like Elgey/Sezer/Cornish/etc.. (maybe from a financial point), then it might explain his current predicament: Players that don't listen/stick to game plan, who can't be dropped, and can't be replaced.
I'm seeing much the same sort of thing Mr I. It's all very well to criticise the coach, but let's have some viable alternative plans put up alongside the criticism. Des' plans are lacking attack? Explain in detail some viable ways he could fix this. Note emphasis on the word VIABLE.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm seeing much the same sort of thing Mr I. It's all very well to criticise the coach, but let's have some viable alternative plans put up alongside the criticism. Des' plans are lacking attack? Explain in detail some viable ways he could fix this. Note emphasis on the word VIABLE.
we had a chance and we missed it. There were heaps of halves available pre-season for 2016 and we signed no one and put our trust in a broken half and a stupid half. We also threw massive money at Kas.

Status
Not open for further replies.