Post Match Des : Titans game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
3 ways you can look at last night's lopped-sided penalty count...

1) We were so ill-disciplined and deserved and what we copped.

2) The refs/NRL generally have it in for us as we seem to cop stupid penalties for things that other sides don't. Examples like Ennis not getting his arm over in that scrum against Souths and Morris saying "Are you serious!?!" or

3) NRL are desperate for the Gold Coast to survive and have had a word to the refs to give them a leg up wherever possible.

More so than anything else I'd say no.2. I have kept an eye on the NRL's own penalty stats over the last last couple of years and we are constantly one of the most penalised sides. Sour grapes on my behalf? I don't think so!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Interesting . 1st he said we played like crap , next thing we completed 10 of 12 sets in second half but couldnt score . Will reserve my judgement on game and refs till I watch the replay .

Im starting to wish he made Josh Morris captain

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not and won't be the first time we get a lopp sided penalty count. I watch plenty of other nrl matches and people always say how doggies supporters whinge about us complaining over something instead of just admitting we played like ****. But I do admit we didn't play well last night but c'mon. It happens way to often to us. We get penalised for absolutely everything. I'd like to see how percentage wins with this tool of a ref taking charge of our games. Also I'd like to see stats on how many penalties this idiot ref blows for a home side advantage. I now it was our home game but reality is it wasn't. It's in Brisbane so I don't see why the hell we need to play home games in Brisbane. I don't see brisbane or Titans bringing there home games down to Sydney!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
id lov for once a coach to just open up and be honest....... say it as it is, the team let themselves down giving away so many penalties, the team didnt proform, say he as a coach has work he needs to do to get the team proforming.
stop making excuses

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Morris got penalised for saying "Are you serious?" Ennis questioned it and the ref replied "It was the way he said it!" That'll do me!!!
I wondered who it was and what was said. This fragile petal should have his whistle "rectumised" and be told to blow through.:noidea:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This Suttor is a little whistle blowing Hitler, we got no hope under him.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
id lov for once a coach to just open up and be honest....... say it as it is, the team let themselves down giving away so many penalties, the team didnt proform, say he as a coach has work he needs to do to get the team proforming.
stop making excuses
things said by hasler in this presser....

i'll be the first to say we probably didn't play well
we were scrappy
it's got nothing to do with the late start
errors on our part
pretty ordinary game.....

these are all things said by des in relation to the performance by the team. my understanding, is that means quite alot of taking responsibility.

he also noted the rediculously lopsided penalty count. he didn't give it anymore attention than the team analysis. he was asked what went wrong tonight. he noted all them points of the team performance. that penalty count was never going to be left unsaid. especially if he is being told by the refs bosses the bulldogs are not an undisciplined side at all. logically, it leaves him bewildered.

however, he still took plenty of responsibility and started and finished with it

;)

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
My Penrith mate wasnt happy with the 10-5 penalty count on monday "Dragons got twice as many penalties, No 2 teams are that different"

Try 11-2 :(

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its true we didnt get any real momentum going in the game. Errors and bs penalties halted our progress. Once we get a roll on we are an awesome side. There will be games like that. If they turned it into form then i'll worry. We havent been in bad form this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.