OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about our captains challenge??

An obvious rake at the ball but called a loose carry by the video ref

Yeh we get BS calls against us, it's a mixture of on purpose and a subconscious dislike of our club by the refs
I said to myself FFS if your ever gonna get the rub of the green thats where it is... Then they showed CC in box where even the deaf heard what he said "fukn Bullshit"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He definitely backs up well, follows the ball and talks well. Who knows!!!
Well there's a few options which is welcomed...but CC won't change the team at this stage.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said to myself FFS if your ever gonna get the rub of the green thats where it is... Then they showed CC in box where even the deaf heard what he said "fukn Bullshit"
I hope he ripped into the ref and Atkins at the press conference. They sure did their best to try and hand titans the game.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another thing on today’s game, Belmore was rocking. If we can turn it into a genuine home ground advantage then we’ll be all the better for it.

I was on the hill and in front of me there was an older guy with his 20 something son. After we scored our 4th try the older guy looked like he couldn’t contain his emotions and started crying tears of joy as his son put his arm around him. Bro..that got me. This team hopefully is on a path now to something special.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant performance, been building that defensively for weeks, today we stopped the daft errors and played so smart. Shout out to Kiraz, Mahoeny and Kikau, thought they were outstanding. Tracey also brilliant, nobody played badly, burton played that left side much better this week rather than keep bombing it, critta is a class act, Max King played big minutes and really well. Only issue i have, taafe did well but hes so suspect under that high ball, i would like to see tracey move into fullback personally but who cares this week, what a win, brilliant boys, cant wait to rewatch it about 100 times, UP THE DOGS

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we ve had some good wins in previous years, ie storm lastt year and eels the year before but even in them games, I still didnt feel it was convincing, like i didnt feel we d replicate it the next week them performances. Today was a real complete performance, defended our like really well, the effort on kick chase was incredible, attack clunky at times but them points in the second half will loosen it up I hope, so happy with that!

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man its a long time since a bulldog side has been so dominant. The best thing is the defence in shutting out the opposition. That level of defence has been coming and will get better. We will no doubt drop back to some ill diciplined defence but we are getting there. We have shown we can defend consistently for 80 minutes. Just keep repeating that.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good to see the team get the win, the ground was electric and I think the players would have taken a lot out of the win, keeping the Titans scoreless and the crowd reaction.

I was very impressed with Crichton's leadership, he was very vocal throughout and it was clear he was making an impact when he assembled the team together at some key moments. It's also clear he is very highly respected by his fellow players.

Interesting that in recent times, penalty counts always seem to favour the team dominating possession and field position but we bucked the trend in a big way (3-9). That is a concern.

Considering the result and the way we appear to be building on our attacking cohesion, I doubt we'll see any changes to the squad of 17 although I really hope Tracey stays in the top squad for the duration of the year.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done boys on a great win. Not the greatest game I've ever seen but a win's a win and keeping the opposition scoreless is always a good thing.

My only negative, had to record this match, but I'm finding it increasing difficult to watch these matches in full due to the terrible officiating.

As if the Wilson no try wasn't bad enough, the Curran no try was an absolute video ref howler.

Why is we continually have many tries reviewed as opposed to most other teams?

Thankfully we played well enough to overcome these refereeing blunders, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to watch when most of our tries are getting reviewed even after being awarded by the on-field referee.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not being negative, Here is some points...
Any win is a good win...But we aren't closing Burwood road in celebrations yet,
The score certainly covers up the referees mistakes :laughing:
Bulldogs determination + Titans mistakes = A WIN
To have a silky attack I believe changes are still needed to be made,
Based on todays performance I prefer this backline for the next game
1 Tracey...safer & more effective fullback
2 Wilson
3 Kiraz
4 Crichton
5 JAC...if fit
6 Burton
7 Taaffe...looked at home and dangerous closer to the rucks
14 Hutchison...played well in general but unfortunately he doesn't cut it as a halfback, too slow.

Last edited:

DoggiesHOOHAA

Waterboy
Reaction score
We put on a great game today & we rose to the occasion. There was effort everywhere tonight & I thought there was a bit more flair in attack.

I am concerned for the titans, they had no shape in attack whatsoever. They had absolutely nothing going and they never really looked like scoring against us. Without Tino I can't see them beating many teams if any.

We have a lot of promising pieces & we're slowly putting them together.

PLEASE play Tracey at fullback, Taaffe isn't doing it for us. He's a black hole in attack & can't seem to get involved.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not being negative, Here is some points...
Any win is a good win...But we aren't closing Burwood road in celebrations yet,
The score certainly covers up for the referees mistakes :laughing:
Bulldogs determination + Titans mistakes = A WIN
To have a silky attack I believe changes are still needed to be made,
Based on todays performance I prefer this backline for the next game
1 Tracey...safer & more effective fullback
2 Wilson
3 Kiraz
4 Crichton
5 JAC...if fit
6 Burton
7 Taaffe...looked at home and dangerous closer to the rucks
14 Hutchison...played well in general but unfortunately he doesn't cut it as a halfback, too slow.
I like that, but I'm not dropping Mann for Hutch. Mann's a beast.
If Hutch goes, it's to reserve grade.