OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz also said two player agents don’t want to send players to us…load of shit
Then he tells Braith “I’ll tell you later” but Braith is a player agent too isn’t that confidential haha
He seems to lose his point to an argument when interupted and goes off on another tangent and then says "thats what im saying" and Im thinking wtf.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taffee had his best game??

can someone spell out what he actually did apart from the kick? I’m not sure how any sane person can still have him at 1 next week

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the fuck would anyone watch that shit?!?

As if Buzz isn't enough, you have braithy breath hosting the mofo.

What's that? You wish Gordie would give his insight too?
Ohhhh, ummm, like, ummmm here it is.

Reaction score
Difference between the Tiger game is they iced their moments. Morrin has butterfingers and bottled the game with his cold drop over the line.
Then I think he dropped another ball - cold & then - he did the crazy lifting tackle.
I mean great tackle in the 80's - but Bulldogs '24 gotta be smarter than that

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How this other Mitchell wasn't cited is mind blowing.

If it is not illegal to line up a defender's jaw with the point of your shoulder then it should be.
The front on footage was really clear. Mitchell looked straight at Preston and then turned his shoulder towards Preston, either dangerously towards Preston's incoming head or with the actual intent to have the point impact against Preston's head, possibly even his jaw.
Mitchell was looking straight into Preston's eyes all the way into the impact. He lined it up. With intent.

An attacking player should be treated the same way as the defender when it comes to shoulder changes.
It is a similar principle in an assault case.
You wouldn't get away with hitting someone in the head and saying to the judge 'Your honour, it was OK to deliberately or recklessly break the other person's jaw as I had a football under my arm".

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it is not illegal to line up a defender's jaw with the point of your shoulder then it should be.
The front on footage was really clear. Mitchell looked straight at Preston and then turned his shoulder towards Preston, either dangerously towards Preston's incoming head or with the actual intent to have the point impact against Preston's head, possibly even his jaw.
Mitchell was looking straight into Preston's eyes all the way into the impact. He lined it up. With intent.

An attacking player should be treated the same way as the defender when it comes to shoulder changes.
You wouldn't get away with hitting someone in the head and saying to the judge 'Your honour, it was OK to deliberately or recklessly break the other person's jaw as I had a football under my arm".
My view exactly the same as you've explained mate. Just bc you're holding the ball doesn't make any difference to your "duty of care" or intent as we saw with the other Mitchell. Going in leading with the shoulder same as leading with elbow or head. Different if it was unintentional or an accident. That wasn't.

E320coupe

Waterboy
Reaction score

He also seemed to smile after the hit........

IMG_0709.jpg

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How this other Mitchell wasn't cited is mind blowing.

I said that elsewhere. Look, the NRL can't cherry-pick incidents as being legal/illegal...They have stated on so many occasions and ruled as such that it is the responsibility of the tackler to avoid careless/reckless contact with a attacking players head. On the other side of the coin it should also apply to an attacking player lifting their arm or turning their shoulder into a defender. The only is difference is one has the ball in their possession and the other doesn't. Why allow one when you penalise the other?

As I also pointed out, Mitchell did himself no favour either as he left the field about 10 minutes after Preston sighting double vision. Another reason why BOTH players in this type of collision should be subject to an assessment.. They got the free replacement AFTER the fact and not even with a ruling being made by the independent doctor.

AND yes we saw his reaction on the big screen and knew that he was not sorry that it happened.