Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My post, post game thoughts are that the EPL is back soon so idgaf

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing is with avo they need to settle on a possy and let him develop but if it’s in the halfs he needs a experienced player to help him out the poor kids getting chopped and changed.
The bullshit we have a lot of backs is crap cause Montoya, critchon, remis smith, Holland are absolute shit and wouldn’t get a run at any other nrl club
Remis is the most disappointing bad attitude and dwz is a flop on huge money off load him and napa both over paid
When you watch Avo it reminds me of what they done with Wighton.. It was years before Wighton settled and eventually it was at 5/8. Lessons should be learned....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im totally defeated tbh ,i know the wrong team is getting picked,yes i know we are short of some class players but i still believe some players have not been selected that should and vice versa and whilst a nice guy steve g is clueless,we need to get rid of holland/montoya/lewis/tolman/lafai im over it and looking forward to hearing some of tbaz signings for next year and looking forward to a proper coach.
Totally agree. Said to the wife at 10 nil I'm not confident at all, need to get to 20 or 22 nil lol... Fucking sad times

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you watch Avo it reminds me of what they done with Wighton.. It was years before Wighton settled and eventually it was at 5/8. Lessons should be learned....
The kid needs direction and one position to focus on coming into the side week in and out in a new position must be hard we have over paid players now who can’t play one position propley

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid needs direction and one position to focus on coming into the side week in and out in a new position must be hard we have over paid players now who can’t play one position propley

Its obvious its a trial period right now... Pretty sure Barrett has a fair idea but is ensuring no stone is un turned before he gets there.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep as you know we will stop loving our beloved team but im at rock bottom right now
Yep lol to top the arvo off all I needed to beat my mate in SC draft was Taumalolo to score 56 but he got injured... Terrible arvo of footy for me lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Christian Welch is a done deal at the Dragons.
I really like him as a player but unfortunately one we couldn't sign... Not with Elliot, Jackson, Napa and Thompson.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We need to recruit Christian Welch who is off contract this year

We must not re-sign Holland, Foran & Tolman who are all off contract this year. I would re-sign Cogger to play cup and as back up

Averillo must be thrown into the six immeaditely. They are just killing his confidence playing him in the centres. It is QUITE FUCKEN OBVIOUS that Avo is a player who consistently needs the fucken ball in his fucken hands. They have thrown him into the centres, to try and improve his defence as centre is the hardest position to defend. It's done the opposite, put him at 6 and fucken leave him there.

If Alex Johnston could be nabbed at around 300k per season, i would bring him in for Remis Smith.

I would go all out for Brandon Smith, Harry Grant is the better hooker, but there is absolutely 0% chance of nabbing him. Go for second best.

Jackson at lock is a no brainer. With Jackson at lock, you piss off Tolman and Napa. We need Welch to partner Ogden up front, and than you have the likes of To'omaga, RFM who come off the bench and provide copious amounts of impact with their sleeky footwork and leg drive.

Our bench and the current use of it is absolutely disgusting

We have obvious problems at 7. Problem is nothing is out there. Do you take a stab at a Lachlan Lam, Cooper Johns? Who the fuck knows! They need a few years (like Wakeham), yet every c*** is impatient (Avo an example of only 5 fucken games) and wants instant success
How is moving averillo 1 position going to shield him from bad defence. He will have back rowers at him all game.He will have halves to defend and sweeping fullbacks. He can't handle centre what is 1 position in going to change apart from increasing the defence load the reads are the same. Look at Foran today. Niko made him look 2nd rate.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is moving averillo 1 position going to shield him from bad defence. He will have back rowers at him all game.He will have halves to defend and sweeping fullbacks. He can't handle centre what is 1 position in going to change apart from increasing the defence load the reads are the same. Look at Foran today. Niko made him look 2nd rate.
Exactly my point if ave cant defend at centre hes fucked at 1 or 6 he just needs time and coaching at centre and he will be a gun ,pretty sure sg would give you nothing

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Post game thoughts were how long until 2021 season begins? Balancing the salary cap wouldn’t be easy and you need a few minimum wage/rookies in the squad to balance out the cap, but I really hope we don’t re-sign Tolman, Holland, Montoya and a couple others. I’d rather we fill the squad with some fresh young faces like the tigers did with some young forwards in Blore and Utoikamanu. I’m not overly concerned about the lack of signings atm because with some talk about reduced squads and salary cap it might be handy to have a few spots available, worst case we promote a few rookies from within next year but ideally we could pick up some handy players being squeezed out of other teams. The main thing I’d focus on is throwing big contracts at C.Smith, B.Smith and Grant, throw offers at all of them. 2nd Worst case scenario is they all bite and we have to knock 1 or 2 back. But don’t limit us to 1 option. The worst case is obviously they all say no.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What concerns me is that the rebuild was going to beginning end of 2020, for 2021, with the so called $3M war chest available for 2021.
However, we will still have a lot of dead wood for 2021 and beyond which needs to be cleaned out. eg. Napa, Lewis Jackson (I hate to say it) as good as he was for us, he has now become a liability, (their is at least $1M of the cap wasted). Others with a big ? mark are Thompson, R Smith, DWZ, and probably 1 or 2 others, so there is possibly another $2M wasted on the cap, and I suspect that the players we should keep will want an up grade if we want to keep them.
I hate to say it but us die hard fans are going to hang on tight, and hope that TB can make a big difference. On the bright side he cant be any worse than our 2 previous coaches.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knew we would loose post game spewed for about 5 mins then though what for

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo would be more suited to fullback imo, less defence and can pop up anywhere in attack. The kid needs the ball in his hand as much as possible, he will be a special player unless SG sucks out every bit of confidence out of the kid playing him at centre or on the bench