OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the replay, while not a great win it's always great to come away with the TWO points and especially over the Rorters.

First half was great to watch, and I doubt I've seen a worse half from the Rorters which helped us big time.

Kikau played by far and away his best game for us, Kurt Mann was a good buy from the Knights, Taafe was very good until he got that head knock. Can we send the "weak gutted dog" back to the foot of the mountains? He drops the ball more than Sharon Woods and that's saying something.

As mentioned on the other game day thread, Atkins will make it very difficult for us to get the win, but Rorters weren't good in that first half, as we had 62% of possession in the first half on the back of a number of penalties conceded by the Rorters.

How the pendulum swung in the 2nd half not only in possession but in refereeing, where Atkins was the Rorters best asset giving them 6 agains after 6 agains no way did Manu score that try. He grounded the ball short of the line and it was promoted or at the very least knocked forward.

That said, we need to improve a LOT as we're struggling to play a full 80 minutes. 40 minutes was great, but that 2nd half was very worrying.

Hate to say it but the Rorters showed with this performance that they're the team, I feel, Panthers fear most.

Hope I'm wrong!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why can’t you just enjoy a win
Because you spend every day of the week

shitting on the team

Shitting on the coach

Shitting on Gus

Making up BS conspiracy theories that Gus is picking the team

Nah you guys deserve this shoved in your faces

This wasn't a fluke result like last year or previous years wins

That first half the team showed they are coached and CAN perform, contrary to all the bullshit you heap on the coach and team

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the replay, while not a great win it's always great to come away with the TWO points and especially over the Rorters.

First half was great to watch, and I doubt I've seen a worse half from the Rorters which helped us big time.

Kikau played by far and away his best game for us, Kurt Mann was a good buy from the Knights, Taafe was very good until he got that head knock. Can we send the "weak gutted dog" back to the foot of the mountains? He drops the ball more than Sharon Woods and that's saying something.

As mentioned on the other game day thread, Atkins will make it very difficult for us to get the win, but Rorters weren't good in that first half, as we had 62% of possession in the first half on the back of a number of penalties conceded by the Rorters.

How the pendulum swung in the 2nd half not only in possession but in refereeing, where Atkins was the Rorters best asset giving them 6 agains after 6 agains no way did Manu score that try. He grounded the ball short of the line and it was promoted or at the very least knocked forward.

That said, we need to improve a LOT as we're struggling to play a full 80 minutes. 40 minutes was great, but that 2nd half was very worrying.

Hate to say it but the Rorters showed with this performance that they're the team, I feel, Panthers fear most.

Hope I'm wrong!
The bunker should be dropped. How the heck did he miss the Manu double movement?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing was chooks looked better when teddy went off and manu played fullback. He was a beast for them. Also Walker going off actually helped them. Kiks was destroying him and would have all game, Watson stiffened them up. So many things watching replay I miss live in the emotion, we did well, really well. No luck just good team play

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny thing was chooks looked better when teddy went off and manu played fullback. He was a beast for them. Also Walker going off actually helped them. Kiks was destroying him and would have all game, Watson stiffened them up. So many things watching replay I miss live in the emotion, we did well, really well. No luck just good team play
Teddy is done, he's a liability against the top teams, will only perform against the shit teams

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wet weather, backline re-shuffle, a rookie coach and a rookie captain. Boys hung on in the end against a regular top 4 seasoned side. We’ll get better at closing those out. A tremendous win by our up and comers!!. If we can keep first half consistency, we’re a chance of finals. I’m looking forward to Melbourne next week. Dogs by 4….

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another thing I’ll expect during week. Shit team, could only just beat an 11 man team. Whatever we were up 18 zip against a full strength rooster side. Eat that up Gronk’s….Explain that robbo instead of deflecting.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When I saw this i was fucking screaming at the TV, I really hope somehow or someway, he gets out of the halves asap, hes god awful and slow
He’s play is perfect. He squares up the defence beautifully. Yet for some reason, after he squares it up instead of throwing it to outside, he holds and continues to run. He needs to learn the dummy, straighten then fire it wide.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bunker should be dropped. How the heck did he miss the Manu double movement?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Yes agree. Manu scores landing SHORT and rolling the ball over the line without losing contact with the ball and TRY!!
Last week Morrin lands the ball on the line, rolls it forward and “knock on, no try”. Can’t figure the decisions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
critta to fb, I think is a work in progress. I bagged him initially but if he has time there, he will be a gun. He positions well in d but doesn’t know the techniques of when to go high and low

burto to centre was solid I think but I agree he is better at 5 8 for us right now. It was made worse because his long kicking game is infinitely better than Hutch and we kept deferring to hutch for kicks when burto was in centre

And we don’t know what a sexton burto combo looks like. I suspect a whole lot fucking better than hutch burto. Hutch managed to butcher another overlap with his fucking dumb dummy and run
The issue with Sexton isn’t his attack