OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*were, in the second half.

The second half does not make us permanently awful, just as much as the first half doesn't make us permanently divine.
As they say; a game of two halves. Basically, I reckon it was a combination of our boys thinking we had it won, the reshuffled backline, loads of possession and legups to rorters and their determination to pull off a miracle.

Just like most weeks this season, there are plenty of positives to take out of it and the bonus is, we got the win and a preview of what a Hutch and Sexton halves combo looks like and also Critta at fb. Neither of those things improve us. Proving a lot of Ciro’s selections justified. I think Sexton’s extra speed and straight attack improves us though. Him and Burton halves please and thank you. I don’t think his defence is bad enough to not do it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People are really shitting on Sexton because he didn’t go great in the 25 min that he got when the Roosters had all the momentum in those terrible conditions & he hasn’t been training as the starting halfback?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
still they had 12 & 11 players to our 13 and they lost their fullback and half, we shouldn’t have leaked 26 points just on refs decisions
I agree, we did shit the bed but the Roosters are an outfit that knows each other and themslves.

For them losing one or two players when they have cover and being down one man, isnt the worst thing in the world if u hold the pill and they just did that, also with the help from the refs.

They're also lucky we have shit halves that cant count.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some on here saying the ref got the rooters back in it…. Get your hand off it!
They were down Tedesco & Walker and Young was sent off plus Radley was binned!!
there is no way a ref could get them back in the match if he tried, it just shows how shit we are
Just look at how much ball they had in the second half and how they got that much possession. If you answer that correctly it goes a long way to refuting your claim. Plus, how is a double movement awarded as a try? Not in the 64 years I've been watching the game... It must have been a BIG brownpaper bag halftime delivery.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the presser is on YouTube I will post it up hahahahaha

Robinson is always a treat in defeat. I don’t get why he’s rated as a great coach and Cleary isn’t. I take Cleary any day.
In terms of struggling coaches, he is a duck on water . . . Looks calm on the surface,, but frantically paddling behind the scenes to save himself

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
still they had 12 & 11 players to our 13 and they lost their fullback and half, we shouldn’t have leaked 26 points just on refs decisions
Losing their fullback actually helped them though. Surely you could see that? Manu at fb was way more effective than Teddy.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tend to think it’s not a big miss on May. If Hughes keeps improving i think we will be fine With the kids coming as well.
He is a good player but he’s not worth the ridiculous money some people were throwing up in here.

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
The best coaches in press conferences are Bennett and Stuart they’re pure entertainment regardless of the game. Marshall is starting to show something at the pressers he destroyed Brent Read on Monday. But Robinson is always funny when just one call goes against them. Watching him bitch and moan is entertaining. He also falls into the trap of trying to be the smartest person in the room where Bennett says so much without saying a word Robinson tries to be a professor. He’s a classic in defeat.
Sorry mate I wasn’t diagreeing
We looked worse for a whole lot of reasons in the 2nd half.

And I've not once said that Burton is not a 5/8, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.
apologies Psucho I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly
We looked worse for a whole lot of reasons in the 2nd half.

And I've not once said that Burton is not a 5/8, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.
apologies Psycho, I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly. You were complimenting his game, it was aimed more at the Centre narrative. I thought he played well, and his influence was minimized when he moved to Centre.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cannot wait for TK podcast. There is too much to analyse from that game.

To me the game soured when Young did the grub act to take out Taaffe. There was a lot of unwanted niggle from that point. Sualii is such a fraud faking the injury over a legal tackle. Things like that crept into the game, the late hit on Reed as well which Atkins got upset at Reed reacting.

They came up with some dirty low sportsmanship acts to try and win that game. They are a seriously grubby team who do not play in the spirit of the game.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we aren't what we were in 80s, much of the 90s, and mid 00s. And we've all been waiting for too long for finals footy. But I'd like to see you go and tell Kurt Mann anything about soft tonight, or go tell the entire squad from 2021 that there is no accountability.

And I seem to recall there being plenty of games from the glory days when we played badly and lost, or played badly and won. Pretty sure we've always taken every win.
Mate, I distinctly remember copping some hidings at the SFS in the 90s. Those looking back at our sides of the past with rose coloured glasses is just that. Yes we had some great teams, but there were many mediocre times as well.

There has been plenty to like about this new team too. We’ve turned over 3 coaches in the space of 5 years and our latest is only just into his second season ffs. Give them a break.

Yes we’ve been in the worst rut most of us have seen, but it has nothing to do with the current coach and squad!

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of struggling coaches, he is a duck on water . . . Looks calm on the surface,, but frantically paddling behind the scenes to save himself
As he’s a yes man to Politis he’s safe and Politis will just buy more players. Politis hasn’t recruited well in recent years.