OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We came out to protect 26-0 and stopped playing footy. Weird game, best half in years first half, and worst half in years second half. I dont ever want to watch a game like that again

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hutch and Mahoney have opposite problems. Several times in the game Mahoney passed the ball to someone in negative advantage, when he would have been better off dummying and taking the hitup himself (and once or twice could have made some metres doing so). Hutch meanwhile keeps on throwing the dummy and taking the hitup himself, including times when a pass was well and truly on.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could watch that first half a hundred times.

Second half I never want to see again.

What I can't understand is why our players attacked with their defence in the first half but they didn't have the same effort in the 2nd. The Roosters should have been the ones gases after defending more in the first half. Poor kicking helped. Why wasn't Burton kicking and for more distance ?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Rugby leagues a funny game with momentum. I’m shitty about the for and against we had a chance to put the cleaners through them. But at least we got the win and hi the boys can learn from it. You need to put your foot on the throat and never ever get complacent

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as we fucked ourselves. The ref was giving them 6 agains like no tomorrow. I need to see the actual stats kn that cause we surely didnt get many or any.

Media wouldnt ever allow roosters to get fucked by us.

Still won. But now the narrative is much better for the roosters.

A confident Luke Keary is fucking scary. He is quality and is the reason souths won in 2014.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing one out football with a 1 & 2 man advantage bet CC put out the call to stop playing footy

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Did we get any 6 again or penalties in the second half??
Hmmmmm

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The effort then was just enough, we won by 1 more point than the GF in 2004, when the difference was a few of Andrew Ryan's fingertips. Such a dogs thing, can play great but for some reason so often have to win it by a thin margin. This team can't afford to do that, but getting them around the corner isn't going to be a case of cutting strips off them.

Chooks had the mental advantage of nothing to lose, we've seen this before in sports, especially when it comes to send offs, it takes the pressure off and the disadvantaged team can actually play with much more strength. Also, our team structures got devastated again with Taffee getting a Cat 1. Interesting to see that CC started out with Salmon in the centres, then shifted Burton out there instead, that certainly helped.
Totally agree with this but you still need to learn to weather the storm and we dont have the spine player that knows how.. Fcuk u Gus.

In regards to Burton, he only shifted there because Sexton and Hutch went into the halves and Critta FB. Salmon went back to the middle after Edwards went off.