Positives

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned at this stage. I had to do a pub crawl to find somewhere showing the trial and unbeknownst to me they'd moved it forward to 6. So from the last 19 minutes I didn't see much to be excited by. But the trials mean nothing and there's every chance they were instructed to just work on fitness and timing and avoid breaking themselves.

We'll see how the team looks in a real game where they're not chopping and changing the team. Even the reigning premiers lost a trial.
You didn't see it. If you had of you'd understand why social media went off and why anyone that watched it got angry. There's no excuse to dish up the unorganised rabble we dished up. Think Desball at its worst mixed in with last years 50 point conceeding defensive efforts then sprinkle Flanagan dropping the ball from a good pass on the 5th and you've got it. Yes Penrith were lapped, they also have Cleary, Yeo, Martin and others to come into their team too. We were at full strength effectively and looked like we'd just met each other....I heard no talk among the organising players, no hunting as a pack. It was woeful.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion

I really think Barrett needs to let Burton play both side of the ruck and just let him play what's in front of him go back to simple footy we look cluttered at the moment and Jackson is touching the ball to much I would consider moving JJ back to the backrow Thompson to 13 and TPJ up front .

Cook also needs to start at 9 I was against starting him so early on and stated a number of times he needs time in Canterbury cup to get the minutes into his legs but I have re watched his stint against Newcastle a few times now and noticed a couple of things straight away that changed my mind the amount of talking and directing he did telling players where to run was a massive thing for me currently we got forwards standing in the way and players getting the ball at the wrong time.JMK passing selection is just shocking .Cook was pushing them where to go and he also made good pass selection he also has a good short kicking game to take pressure off the half's