Positive

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence. Currently have the 2nd best defence in the comp averaging 11 points against per game. To not concede a try in the 2nd half tonight is a massive positive. Years gone by we would of conceded one and then lost our shit and lost by 20. Credit where credit is due.

Also don’t stress about our attack just yet. In the off season our defence should of been the focus. As the saying goes with new teams. Focus on the defence. Get that sorted and attack will flow off the back of that. We’ve played 2 of 3 games in terrible conditions.

Defence is all attitude. And the boys are putting in for the jersey and for each other. There’s plenty of room for improvement.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No we're not. Worst performance all year while dropping Jake was an awful decision.
Agree mate. crap performance.. but hey.. defence was good. . It Wins ya games? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Well that’s what I’ve come to believe.!!! Sick of it. Wining is all that mattes, that’s what the fuck they are playing the game for.. or am I wrong about that !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree mate. crap performance.. but hey.. defence was good. . It Wins ya games? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Well that’s what I’ve come to believe.!!! Sick of it. Wining is all that mattes, that’s what the fuck they are playing the game for.. or am I wrong about that !!!
I wasn't angry during the first 2 weeks, more frustrated and disappointed not to win (broncos game). But tonight i was angry, this isn't the type of stuff i want to see.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn't angry during the first 2 weeks, more frustrated and disappointed not to win (broncos game). But tonight i was angry, this isn't the type of stuff i want to see.
Yep. First game ok, got away with the win .. second game , hard done by. And Were looking good.. and tonight really pissed me off.. is upsetting that we are now seeing the same old crap dished up. No clue, it’s just embarrassing!! Enough is enough bro.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least the light at the end of the tunnel isnt a train now. We still have issues,but defense isnt 1 of them now

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least the light at the end of the tunnel isnt a train now. We still have issues,but defense isnt 1 of them now
Sadly at the end of the year they don’t give a trophy for best defensive side. You need to score points to win games, if we can’t do that, we keep getting more of the same.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly at the end of the year they don’t give a trophy for best defensive side. You need to score points to win games, if we can’t do that, we keep getting more of the same.
True, But at least our improved defense should help us avoid getting the wooden " trophy " 2 years running

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positives

1. we competed and honestly if you asked me the one thing I wanted before every game this year it’s exactly that.

2. JAC was a lot better

3. the fact we made errors and yet if Burton doesn’t miss a sitter we win is a good sign.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's frustrating and disappointing to see another loss but things look very differentthis year, we're now playing competitive football and coming so close to winning games, that It's only minor things like a missed conversion or a dumb referee decision that's costing us. Stay strong guys and girls, we'll get there.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
So gutting to think we were that close to beating a supposed top 4 side.. I love this team but our bonehead mistakes and wrong decision making if so frustrating and brings me to near tears!
Upon reflection it’s so obvious we lack a general in the halves.. Burton either needs to start owning this team or we bring someone with experience and balls to lead them around and make the right decision. Fuck manly and fuck Cummins also

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how good our defence is... because when it matters, our right edge structure will always leak points

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I know technically I should be happy that we came so close to a top 4 team from last year and we were wooden spooners, reality is I don't feel happy at all.

Years of losing winnable games. It's got nothing to do with the team lists because these are winnable games that we are actually in, we roll over. Massive losing mentality that is deeply rooted within the club and very dissapointing that our Captain resorts to settlers on the 4th tackle when trying to win games. No way is a rookie coach the guy to get us out of this, nor the dogfather who is whinging about bullying and what is this all blacks **** doing if he about culture and success?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2nd in defense will be tested next week. If schoupp and burns want to rush up against munster and hughes along with paps, oh boy. My thoughts is that Josh Jackson is definitely the worst starting lock, not ball playing at all, slow and takes up 3 hit ups a set. The new tolman. Also idk why we changed halves after 2 games, clearly affected burton’s play. Also fuck baz for playing heaps of minutes for TPJ, who was really bad over max king. The coach needs to go and maybe just keep the defensive side in the football club.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other positive is at least we know Manly won't be winning.

They are only one Turbo hamstring away from the spoon