Positions up for grabs next season

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far these are the only locked in positions based off all reports so far all the rest are up for grabs I reckon. Of course I could be wrong.

3. Cotric
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
10. Hetho
11. RFM
13. Jackson (due to captaincy can’t be on bench)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would not call hetherington locked.
Definitely locked in for a spot in the 17. I'm unsure on wether he will start once Thompson is back, I'd start him the first 4 rounds though for sure.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Jackson(2nd row), Elliott(lock), Napa(prop), DWZ(wing) and Hoppa(centre) are all locks to be in the starting side. I don’t necessarily agree with it (mainly Napa) but I just think that’s the way it will go.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Jackson(2nd row), Elliott(lock), Napa(prop), DWZ(wing) and Hoppa(centre) are all locks to be in the starting side. I don’t necessarily agree with it (mainly Napa) but I just think that’s the way it will go.
Agree, hoping Jacko and Elliot switch. Cant wait til DWZ and Napa are off our cap.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think for locks it would be
1. Avo or hoppa
2. Dwz
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa or shoupp
7. flanagan
8. Thommo
9. Jmk
10. Ogden or Hetherington one on bench
11. Rfm
12. Elliott
13. Jackson
A couple of these locks due to no one else especially jmk

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa and Elliot are both locked in, id be inclined to think DWZ and JMK as well, even if they are not my top picks.
Jmk would not start at 9 at any other club, how depressing that we still don't have a genuine 9 and for so long, we have basically gone last 5 years without a dummy half, how is a team supposed to compete let alone make the finals without a dh

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Think Barrett will go with this to start
1. Hop
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Meaney/Okunbor
6. Wakeham
7. Flanagan
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Hetherington
15. Ogden
16. Waddell
17. Britt

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think baz will go like this.

1. Meaney
2. Averillo
3. Cotric
4.hoppa
5. Dwz
6.lewis
7.flanagan
13. Elliott
12. Jackson
11. RFM
10. Thompson
9.Jmk
8. Napa.

Reserves:
Hetherington
Atoni
Waddell
Stimson

Note: averillo will interchange positions during the course of the game with meaney.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa and Elliot are both locked in, id be inclined to think DWZ and JMK as well, even if they are not my top picks.
Don't think JMK is anywhere close to being locked in going off reports. Katoa seems to be the preferred option while Wakeham is also viewed as a hooker by Baz. Hooker is probably the most up for grabs position at this stage with us also likely going with two to start the season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't think JMK is anywhere close to being locked in going off reports. Katoa seems to be the preferred option while Wakeham is also viewed as a hooker by Baz. Hooker is probably the most up for grabs position at this stage with us also likely going with two to start the season.
I have read speculation here that wakeham is an option at 9, but i have heard nothing from Baz to suggest so.
As for katoa over JMK, i think JMK has a more dynamic skillset, which should benefit the team moreso. Its by no means a lock, but unless we sign the cheese im pretty confident JMK will be ahead of Katoa.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read speculation here that wakeham is an option at 9, but i have heard nothing from Baz to suggest so.
As for katoa over JMK, i think JMK has a more dynamic skillset, which should benefit the team moreso. Its by no means a lock, but unless we sign the cheese im pretty confident JMK will be ahead of Katoa.
My memory ain’t the best but I thought katoa played better when starting. Once burton gets here we only need the ball to the right half, katoa is imo better at reading plays and passing, an average but genuine 9 that may get better under barret. Jmk like u say has a different skill set and also might improve to if he’s in 9, guess we’ll find out next year who plays where and who improves.