Positional Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
Did people notice during the game that Utai was playing centre & Lolesi went out to the wing & when Phelphs got injured, Cutler went to fullback & Patten into centre. People have been calling Utai to play centre in the past, what did you guys think of these moves? (i know one was forced by injury)

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
not good

leave patten and utai where they r........

lolesi has more impact in the centres........strong in defence.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai is a good finisher of tries, and Utai can't pass, put him back on the wing

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
yeah it's no conincidence that we struggled wen we had patten & utai in the centres. our backs are in the positions that best suit them, so dont change them, but i undersstand why they did last nite coz, it was forced upon us thru the injury 2 phelps. btw wat is the situation with young phelps? is he gonna be out of action or is he orite?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Turning point in the game when Utai threw that horrible ball to J Lo. We should have scored then and who knows what could of happened from there.
Leave Utai out wide and let him continue to come in for his hit ups like he always does.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i say leave utai on the wing and lolesi in the centres
when tonga comes back move him back to utai's side asap and get lolesi back to el masri's side
if phelps is injured this week put patten to centres and cutler to fullback

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
If phelphs is out this week & tonga isnt back, i would give Richter a show in the top grade. He is killing it in reserves & if there are injuries, i would give him a chance.

saf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I couldn't beleive that a midget could pass the ball over the head of a six foot guy on the wing. But seriously Utai could be a good centre given more game time

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Bakes said:
Turning point in the game when Utai threw that horrible ball to J Lo. We should have scored then and who knows what could of happened from there.
Leave Utai out wide and let him continue to come in for his hit ups like he always does.
Yeah agreed 100%

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i wasnt liking the changes out back AT ALL. They shuld have left the backrow unchanges and slipped Cutler into centre when Phelps got injured... simple as that, dont shift the boys out of their normal positions, especially Utai and Patten. They are good performers but u cant take them out of their normal positions like that, we know Patten hasnt had a good track record when he gets taken out of fullback, and Utai is more of an attacker than a defender, its just the way he plays... Cutler I htink would have done fine at centre, he came on as interchange from PL, i think he would be happy enough playing 1st grade who cares if its not in his usual position, he could have covered centre no worries

T

TdoggBulldog

hazem also came in and phelps went out wide.... hazem is a better passer than utai and can swap positions, utai isnt that good at the quick pass and is a better try finisher than lolesi...in the raiders game I loved wen utai came back in and the raiders players went flying out field hahah!

C

Cookie^Monstah

*dOgzRuLe* said:
i wasnt liking the changes out back AT ALL. They shuld have left the backrow unchanges and slipped Cutler into centre when Phelps got injured... simple as that, dont shift the boys out of their normal positions, especially Utai and Patten. They are good performers but u cant take them out of their normal positions like that, we know Patten hasnt had a good track record when he gets taken out of fullback, and Utai is more of an attacker than a defender, its just the way he plays... Cutler I htink would have done fine at centre, he came on as interchange from PL, i think he would be happy enough playing 1st grade who cares if its not in his usual position, he could have covered centre no worries
i agree with that...too much positional change is no good especially with patten in the centre instead of fullback....he is one of the best fullbacks in the comp, changing him to centres was a bit silly, and the team struggled with all the changes.

I didn't notice that hazem went to centres...i think he'd be pretty good in centre position aswell.
Leave utai on his wing, suits his stylealot more.

Hazem

Waterboy
Reaction score
i didnt like patten in the centers, i think cutler is 2 small 4 1st grade so if cameron is out and tonga isant back i would love 2 see Paoa Faamita in 1st grade, he played mad yesterday in 1st divison and i no any1 that saw him play yesterday would agree, i think he is our furter NO.3 ahead of Phelps. Paoa is the next Willie Talua in my opinon, give him a shot!!

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of people didn't like when patten went into the centres and cutler went to fullback but you gotta understand that cutler is better as a fullback rather than a centre because he's a small bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.