Polla-Mounter Reckons Noosa's Mbye is the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

RUGBY LEAGUE: Noosa's Moses Mbye has been spruiked by many as a star in the making, with a lucrative deal and a Maroons jersey in the reckoning.

And Coast-based Craig Polla-Mounter, who was also a Bulldogs halfback, reckons the 22-year-old is worth every bit of the hype.

"He's going to be probably one of the next big things," Polla-Mounter said.

"He's done really well (in his career so far) and he's playing in a good side.

"I think he's definitely worth it."

Mbye is set to play a bigger role in the NRL this year, following the departure of New South Wales ball-player Trent Hodkinson, who has left Belmore for Newcastle.

That will provide the young gun with more opportunities.

"He's been there for a few years but because they've had had a lot of halves, game time has been a problem but he's earned that spot now and I think he'll go really well," Polla-Mounter said.

It is Mbye's all-round game that leads many pundits to believe he has what it takes to become a force.

But Polla-Mounter, who amassed almost 200 games and won a premiership in 2005, says it's the young gun's zest for the game which sets him apart.

"He's very enthusiastic. He has a go and that's what it's all about," he said.

"And he's quick. If he attacks with the ball more I think he'll go well.

It's hoped Mbye can steer the side to a premiership.

In fact, Polla-Mounter said the Bulldogs must win.

"They have to perform this year," he said.

"They've had a good team for the last three years and made a couple of grand finals (but) they haven't won. They really have to win I think.

"They've picked up more quality backs which I think they have lacked the last couple of years. With Will Hopoate, they will get the best out of him.

"They just need to finish better than what they have. (Coach) Des (Hasler) has been there for a while now. He needs to get some success and the club demands success."

-STEELE TAYLOR

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...reckons-noosas-mbye-is-the-real-deal/2948774/

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We want success, we demand it Desmond!!! Polly said so :p

I know who & what I am
I know who & what I am
I'm a mighty Doggies fan
I'm a mighty Doggies fan
We play hard & we play fast
We play hard & we play fast
And we are never coming last
And we are never coming last
We have very loyal Doggies fans
We have very loyal Doggies fans
Let me hear that Doggies cheer
Let me hear that Doggies cheer
Everybody ready, ready
Yes we are ready, ready
Everybody ready, ready
Yes we are ready, ready
Hoo Ha, Hoo Ha
Whoomp there it is
Whoomp there it is
Whoomp there it is
The Dogs are having a party
The Dogs are having a paarrtttyyy
And the ****** are in the bin
The ****** are in the bin
The Dogs are having a paarrtttyyy
WooHoo!!!

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to have Craig Polla-Mounter back in his prime as our halves option.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's just his blue and white goggles talking.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's just his blue and white goggles talking.

Well Polly is a good clubman ... He's not going to say I think the kid will be sh1t I guess... But lots of people within the game seem to rate Mbye very highly and we've all seen some glimpses of his raw potential so I don't really doubt he believes what he's saying. I guess we'll find out a bit more over tge coming weeks and months!

Anyway hoping he has a big one tonight!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well Polly is a good clubman ... He's not going to say I think the kid will be sh1t I guess... But lots of people within the game seem to rate Mbye very highly and we've all seen some glimpses of his raw potential so I don't really doubt he believes what he's saying. I guess we'll find out a bit more over tge coming weeks and months!

Wolfy just doesn't rate Moses lol

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pollamounter what a legend of a player. Him and Sherwin both won comps leading us around. I reckon Mbye will deliver as well.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Polla-Mounter was not playing in 2005 nor did we win a premiership then lol I assume they meant 1995 :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Imo anyone who demands 750K a season should not be described as having glimpses of raw potential ..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Polla-Mounter thought M'Bye was shit he would have just kept his mouth shut and not said anything publicly.

You don't open your mouth unless you believe it

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polly's quotes regarding Des were insightful. I took them as "if you can't win a comp with this team then someone else should be coaching". He must read the kennel a fair bit ha ha (however I agree with him)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lets wait and see what he can produce , his got his own position now no excuses he must perform

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is both of our halves are 5/8's. Hopefully one of them is willing to take the reigns and become the dominant half we need.

I'm also worried about our kicking game, in general play and inside the attacking 20. It would be nice to apply the screws to the opposition with the occasional repeat set instead of just hiking the ball high from 20 meters out and hoping for the best. Guys please clearing kicks should find open spaces and not kicked to the opposition on the full!!!! Every time our clearing kicks hits the opposition on the full I feel like tearing my hair out.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Problem is both of our halves are 5/8's. Hopefully one of them is willing to take the reigns and become the dominant half we need.
True but JR. was originally a hooker so they can adapt

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wolfy just doesn't rate Moses lol
Yeah I know.... But from what I've seen of him I don't know why. He doesn't at all strike me as arrogant and he does strike me as very talented.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imo anyone who demands 750K a season should not be described as having glimpses of raw potential ..
I know you don't like him and fair enough... I just think a lot of people in the game think he has a huge upside and not just people connected to the doggies.

Personally I'm happy with his attitude and have no huge issues with his reported contract figure. It isn't a fortune with the cap increasing all the time these days, other clubs were willing to pay good money for him. When it's announced it will be money well spent, I think. The media always inflates numbers when it comes to salary talk anyway...

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
From what I saw of Mbye tonight, Polla-Mounter is right. He controlled the game tonight, he knew that Manly's weakest edge was the left with Matai and Tafua rushing up, hence targeting it the first half. He defended superbly and allowed Reynolds the room to just run and play to his strengths.

He outplayed DCE by far tonight, too.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
From what I saw of Mbye tonight, Polla-Mounter is right. He controlled the game tonight, he knew that Manly's weakest edge was the left with Matai and Tafua rushing up, hence targeting it the first half. He defended superbly and allowed Reynolds the room to just run and play to his strengths.

He outplayed DCE by far tonight, too.
DCE what a waist of 10 million

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Solid start, took on more responsibility tonight. Involved in 3 trys and finished with 2 try assists and a line break assist. Kicking game was slightly improved but still has a long way to go. He and Reynolds performed just as well as each other and completely outplayed the Manly halves imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.