Police called to home of Sydney Roosters winger Blake Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney Roosters winger Blake Ferguson.
Sydney Roosters winger Blake Ferguson. Photo: AAP
Sydney Roosters winger Blake Ferguson has been spoken to by police following an incident in Sydney's inner-west on Thursday morning.

NSW Police confirmed that officers had visited his family home because of concerns about the safety of his two children. Ferguson has not been charged nor was he taken into custody.

Advertisement
"Emergency services were called to a home in Marrickville this morning after concerns were raised for the welfare of children," a police spokesperson said. "Officers from Marrickville Local Area Command attended about 5.15am and spoke with a 27-year-old man. Ambulance and paramedics checked two young children but no further police action is anticipated as this time."

Ferguson played for Australia in the mid-year Test but was dropped from Australia's World Cup squad.

Comment is being sought from the Roosters and the NRL.

MORE TO COME

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a prank call by Paul Carter. Police and ambulance arrived and said that the children were safe. They haven't pressed charges yet but they'll be interviewing Paul Carter to find out why he told them that the kids had been given drugs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was a prank call by Paul Carter. Police and ambulance arrived and said that the children were safe. They haven't pressed charges yet but they'll be interviewing Paul Carter to find out why he told them that the kids had been given drugs.
Wow.....what sort of moron is this Paul carter guy? ......So glad he isn't here any more!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think that was a prank when kids are involved and at 5.30 am. Paul Carter has Massive issues and needs help.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably because he gave the kids some rdugs :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do u know it was a prank
Could be something else but it was Carter who called it in. Here's the latest report:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/880dbb8ef40130b0bca72ba3661ccba6

Police called to home of Roosters star Blake Ferguson
Janet Fife-Yeomans, The Daily Telegraph
October 12, 2017 3:27pm
POLICE and paramedics rushed to the Marrickville home of Sydney Roosters star Blake Ferguson early this morning after a bizarre phone call from his troubled NRL mate Paul Carter about children having been given drugs.

It is understood that Ferguson’s two young boys were at the house at the time but the children were both found to be well.

Carter, 25, earlier this month pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine at Sydney’s Ivy nightclub to his ex-teammate Shaun Kenny-Dowall in the early hours of May 5.

Paul Carter made the call that alerted police and paramedics. Picture: Gregg Porteous
His matter was adjourned for sentence on November 29.

Police have not laid charges over the incident.

A police spokesman confirmed the incident.

“Emergency services were called to a home in Marrickville this morning after concerns were raised for the welfare of children,” a police spokesman said.

“Officers from Marrickville Local Area Command attended about 5.15am and spoke with a 27-year-old man. Ambulance and paramedics checked two young children but no further police action is anticipated as this time.”

Ferguson missed selection for Australia in the World Cup squad.

Ferguson’s NRL team the Roosters have been approached for comment.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The kids had a sip of his pink Cruiser.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know they are former team mates, but why is Ferguson even associating himself with a man who has been charged with supply of cocaine ( firstly pleading not guilty in August and then guilty this month) especially where two young children are involved?

I am not 100% certain but I think I heard on Talkin' Sport this arvo that Carter is staying with the family at Marrickville or that he at least was at the house, Carter had been drinking heavily.

Thankfully from reports there is no substance to the allegations from Carter as the kids were checked out and found to be fine. Seems that Ferguson just needs to chose his mates more wisely.

Last edited:

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or the chooks sent carter to finger me fergusons house to cause that drama in hope to getting fergo sacked that what they can use his funds to give to Cronk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There's no other way to put it.

Paul Carter is a fucking idiot.

To think some people wanted him back here.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Holy fuck. Can we please scrub fuckwits like Carter out of the game? Same as Matthew Lodge. I have absolutely no idea why the NRL tolerates dickheads of that magnitude.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally down with playing good pranks on ya mates but fuck me, what an utterly ridiculous thing to do. This paul carter has some serious issues.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an absolute f*****g moron. If anybody gave Carter half a brain he would still only have half a brain and still absolutely zero intelligence.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy fuck. Can we please scrub fuckwits like Carter out of the game? Same as Matthew Lodge. I have absolutely no idea why the NRL tolerates dickheads of that magnitude.
Lodge should never be allowed to play any professional sport. He got out of doing deserved jail time by being allowed to be sued instead before leaving with no ability or plan to pay his victims.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Lodge should never be allowed to play any professional sport. He got out of doing deserved jail time by being allowed to be sued instead before leaving with no ability or plan to pay his victims.
I know someone who has read his criminal file, and the shit he did was absolutely despicable. If the NRL know about what he did in full details, they are absolutely fucked for letting him play.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know someone who has read his criminal file, and the shit he did was absolutely despicable. If the NRL know about what he did in full details, they are absolutely fucked for letting him play.
I know you can't discuss it in detail, but can you give us an example of what it would've involved?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you can't discuss it in detail, but can you give us an example of what it would've involved?
Systematic abuse over a long period of time. The only reason it came to a head was because he assaulted her in public and someone else saw it. He was really really physically abusive, the guy is a massive scumbag.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Systematic abuse over a long period of time. The only reason it came to a head was because he assaulted her in public and someone else saw it. He was really really physically abusive, the guy is a massive scumbag.
If I saw someone assaulting a girl in public, I don't give a shit who she was to him or how he knew her, I will walk up to him point blank and punch him straight on the knocker. Boy that would set him straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.