Please sign Kane Elgey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This kid does look promising however I'd really like to see us make a play for Jackson Hastings at the Roosters looked great back end of last year when given an opportunity in first grade is current junior Kangaroo halfback. If the roosters re-sign BBQ(Maloney) we should make a play for him as I doubt he'll wanna hang around & play nsw cup for another year
Rumour is strong that Hastings is headed to Sharks...and he is very much like Sezer.... ego is as big as his ability.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
how do you rate him ? and i dont mean against Hodkinson and Reynolds LOL because a cereal box would be more effecive..
Have not seen much of him so can't really say

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rumour is strong that Hastings is headed to Sharks...and he is very much like Sezer.... ego is as big as his ability.
To rejoin Bird...his mum had abit to say about them two at the dragons lol

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Hastings was a dragons junior, left them to join the roosters. biggest mistake. he was never going to get a go there, should have stayed at the dragons. gun young player.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This kid does look promising however I'd really like to see us make a play for Jackson Hastings at the Roosters looked great back end of last year when given an opportunity in first grade is current junior Kangaroo halfback. If the roosters re-sign BBQ(Maloney) we should make a play for him as I doubt he'll wanna hang around & play nsw cup for another year
Jackson has a good pedigree as well. His dad is former top half back Kevin Hastings who played for Eastern Suburbs (Sydney Roosters) in the 70s and 80s.

Like father like son? Probably.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Jackson has a good pedigree as well. His dad is former top half back Kevin Hastings who played for Eastern Suburbs (Sydney Roosters) in the 70s and 80s.

Like father like son? Probably.
that's the main reason he went to the roosters, they stuffed him up a beauty

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know someone who has coached him and this is spot on
They were talking about him on radio the other night... Pretty much they said he shows a heap of talent, but that he has to keep his ego in check. At the Dragons apparently he was nearly uncoachable because he was too busy telling them how good he was.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings is rubbish. Massive knob and thinks he is a state of origin player already. He's the player that lurker keeps dribbling about the young "star" who thinks he is better than half his side and is on the nose with others.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hastings is rubbish. Massive knob and thinks he is a state of origin player already. He's the player that lurker keeps dribbling about the young "star" who thinks he is better than half his side and is on the nose with others.
Finchie what you say sounds about right but the kid can play, I can live with a kid who's got a terrible attitude as long he can play...dunno about you guys but if we have to watch Hokko in the halves again for another year I'll neck myself

Malla

Reaction score
He's very illusive and pretty good in attack, but is no where near as fundamentally sound to be a good FG halfback.

Makes a lot of unforced errors and misses way too many tackles.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it wouldnt matter if we signed cooper cronk or jonathon thurston, our style of playing under des hardly suits creative halves we have no flair or anything creative inside the 20m mark

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it wouldnt matter if we signed cooper cronk or jonathon thurston, our style of playing under des hardly suits creative halves we have no flair or anything creative inside the 20m mark
We wouldn't play to these structures if we had those 2...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of the guys mentioned here offer something that we dont appear to have. But before that, why dont we try some of our younger guys and
see how they go with better players around them.
I reckon Matt Frawley is worth trying. He cant perform in the lower grades because he is with inferior players and is sadly lacking in not being coached.
Sooner Andy Patmore is shown the door the better. Not one of the juniors has improved a bit under what he calls coaching.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh Massoud on 7 news said the Sea Eagles will announce his signing for 2 years later on this week.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We wouldn't play to these structures if we had those 2...
This, everyone is suggesting that Des is stubborn and enforcing a boring gameplan by having our forward pack shoulder more responsibility than our halves but why does noone seem to realise that he's probably doing it because he recognises that our halves aren't dominant and crumble when given that sort of responsibility.

Hasler had a completely different gameplan when he coached the Sea Eagles and even then it was never consistently the same and that is because he had Foran/DCE there, and before Orford/Lyon in the halves, both those pairs are far far far far far superior to our halves pairing of Hodkinson/Reynolds or Keating/Reynolds.

Our gameplan in 2012 and now is also completely differently because we lost our biggest attacking threat (Barba) in 2014, and it looked for a while, that we were back to using 2012's gameplan simply because we had B.Morris performing well there until he was injured. We may well have enterprising attack again when our full squad is back, but it won't be coming from our halves, they have proven themselves to be inadequate in this department

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Massoud on 7 news said the Sea Eagles will announce his signing for 2 years later on this week.
Only 2 years? If he's any good the Roosters will snap him up and the Manly board will be left scratching their heads again

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even the sea eagles can see elgey shits on hodkinson and have signed him accordingly. It's now down to the Sharks and if they sign Townsend mr 700k hodkinson will be without a club for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.