Please Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
how can we be so much over the cap having such a shit roster yet cowboys can have way superior players in all position in comparison under the same cap.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. You said Foran was on 650k only and its been confirmed he is on over 1m a year
Who says Foran is on over $1m? When he signed it was reported, while not quoting exact figues, Foran was on around the $650k plus incentives if he plays a certain number of games.

The Kennel constantly over estimates what players are getting paid.
Typical example is Tolman.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I still want to know what was Des' plan. Considering he signed on for another 2 years it's not like he back ended the contracts to screw us over.
Unless his plan was to risk it all, win a couple of premierships and get out before the walls caved in and hope everyone didn't care because their was premierships (Basically his Manly stint). Premierships failed obviously so he thought...how do I get the fuk out of dodge....but wait I am a greedy ****....how can I get more $$$$$$ out of these poor c*nts that I just shit rolled for years. Now I think his plan then evolved into, get another Contract, play the worst style of footy possible knowing that dogs fans would absolutely erupt. Board Elections coming up, get sacked because he knew Dib was a power hungry F*wit. Then take us to court and get a massive pay out! Played us like a fuken script! And that is why Hasler is firmly on my hate list for life and if I ever see him I will tell him. I hope he never works in RL again.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who says Foran is on over $1m? When he signed it was reported, while not quoting exact figues, Foran was on around the $650k plus incentives if he plays a certain number of games.

Foran was signed on a $3m 3 year deal

You have had a hard on for Foran since day dot, and you will try to cloud everyones view that we picked him up for a bargain. Foran aint worth what the Warriors were paying him and thats 100k

Do you have Forans tax returns as well?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

According to your figures we shouldn't have cap drama....
But we do
Kennel closer to the mark than you

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was signed on a $3m 3 year deal

You have had a hard on for Foran since day dot, and you will try to cloud everyones view that we picked him up for a bargain. Foran aint worth what the Warriors were paying him and thats 100k

Do you have Forans tax returns as well?
I did, as I thought he would straighten the attack and provide much better 5th tackle options.
Last 5 weeks has been a concern have to admit.
Still hoping he comes good.

What I said about Tolman is balls on accurate.
I got told because the lender knew I am a dogs supporter.
$450k cash approx & about $50k in tax effective salary sacrifice payments. I assume both are included under the cap?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no inside info on player salaries, but its like none of our players have any third parties. The squad we have should not be over despite back ended deals. What were we spending the money on when the back ended guys were on minimal annual salaries. We had no spine for four years. Unbelievable mismanagement

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did, as I thought he would straighten the attack and provide much better 5th tackle options.
Last 5 weeks has been a concern have to admit.
Still hoping he comes good.

What I said about Tolman is balls on accurate.
I got told because the lender knew I am a dogs supporter.
$450k cash approx & about $50k in tax effective salary sacrifice payments. I assume both are included under the cap?
Other clubs have baulked at tolmans price because it was said to be well north of 500k, that's why we couldn't move him on

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What i think is if Greg Eastwood was on 250k last year and this year he is on 850k, we have either Foran or Woods on some very minimal contract this year and in the next couple of years there backended contracts balloon to an absolute fucken ridiculous amount.

When you look deep down you begin to question, how the fuck are we not over the cap this year considering we have Eastwood on 850k, Morris boys combined on $1.5m, Mbye, Klemmer & Woods on 750k each, Graham 450k, Kas???

Even not paying Graham & Kas next season we still cannot resign the Morris boys only with their salary + Eastwood, Kas, Graham, Brenko Lee, Abbey???

And we also might be releasing Mbye to release more cap pressure?

Something is really fucked up
Your talking too much sense for the kennel. You need to be barred lol

Mate it is fucked. When you have about six players taking up half your cap it spells disaster and under Des there was always someone on a backended deal every year so it's now come to a head.

Also don't forget Dib and Hasler went shopping for players with money they didn't have ie, spending $10m but only having $9.4m hence why Dib was at the forefront of the clubs fighting for $10m cap and it's come back to bite him in the arse but now allowed to wipe his hands from it. Just wrong.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no inside info on player salaries, but its like none of our players have any third parties. The squad we have should not be over despite back ended deals. What were we spending the money on when the back ended guys were on minimal annual salaries. We had no spine for four years. Unbelievable mismanagement

as I said , some one robbed our safe at belmore where we kept out salary cap dollars.

there is no way in hell we spent big money on mediocre players when Graham was on 700ks/ year in 2014 and he was the highest paid player in the team plus we had money left over for a rock star full back since 2012.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
According to your figures we shouldn't have cap drama....
But we do
Kennel closer to the mark than you
Really lets have a look at what the Kennel says:-

Salary cap $9.4m + $0.2m = $9.6m

Paying ex players: $1.0m
Foran $1.0m
Mybe $0.9m
Woods $0.9m
Jackson $0.9m
Eastwood $0.8m
Tolman $0.7m
BMoz $0.65m
JMoz $0.6m
Hopoate $0.45 (my estimate)

That is $7.9m for 9 players plus paying for ex players.
Leaving $1.7m for the remaining 21 players. That's an average of $80,952.
Doesn't work does it?
Given minium wage 1 to 26 is $100,000. 27 to 30 $70,000.

So I say again wages figures quoted on the kennel are generally wildly exaggerated.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this has been explained and I've missed it.
Mbye is hypothetically on $1m
Tigers get him for 700k
We pay difference of 300k which goes against our salary cap.
However we are then able to acquire talent to the amount of 700k ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really lets have a look at what the Kennel says:-

Salary cap $9.4m + $0.2m = $9.6m

Paying ex players: $1.0m
Foran $1.0m
Mybe $0.9m
Woods $0.9m
Jackson $0.9m
Eastwood $0.8m
Tolman $0.7m
BMoz $0.65m
JMoz $0.6m
Hopoate $0.45 (my estimate)

That is $7.9m for 9 players plus paying for ex players.
Leaving $1.7m for the remaining 21 players. That's an average of $80,952.
Doesn't work does it?
Given minium wage 1 to 26 is $100,000. 27 to 30 $70,000.

So I say again wages figures quoted on the kennel are generally wildly exaggerated.

if we paid these mediocre players and one dud player this much , I wonder what cowboys, broncos manly, roosters, sharks roster is on

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers get him for 700k

Ponga is on 600ks/year at knights

go figure.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am trying to work out how we can be in so much shit with our salary cap and our squad.

We have a rookie dummy half player, a broken and washed up halfback, a fringe first grader at 5/8 and a 1st year apprentice FB. If reports are true that Mbye is gone than we are without a 1st grade FB.

The Morris bros will not be re-signed because of our salary cap issues.

With one of the weakest spines in the comp, no Morris bros but having their salaries available including Graham, Kasiano & Eastwood how the fuck are we in serious trouble with the cap?

I understand we have backloaded contracts but is it that bad that we have Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Woods on $1m each? What in Gods name is Hoppa on?

I just dont get it?
It was reported that we have either signed or are about to sign Nick Meaney from Newcastle to replace Mbye. I don't know anything about him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers get him for 700k
Yep Corey Norman is coming and parra will pay most of it so we will have change to buy another [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.