Playing Manly twice within the space of 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a mistake or do they draw the games out of a hat anyone know.

We play manly rd 13 then eels then raiders then we are playing manly again, I know we

have both Byes around this time but anyone else think this is strange.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we only played the Warriors a few weeks ago as well.

Just makes the competition feel repetitive and boring to be honest.

My 70+ year old granddad gets confused every Friday night when it always seems to be the Broncos playing against the Cowboys and Titans every second week. lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we only played the Warriors a few weeks ago as well.

Just makes the competition feel repetitive and boring to be honest.

My 70+ year old granddad gets confused every Friday night when it always seems to be the Broncos playing against the Cowboys and Titans every second week. lol
Plus the Roosters again, why can we play shit teams now for ****s sake? I want our F/A to sky rocket lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blue v Maroon. Just like a mini SOO!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
On the upside, a chance to beat Manly twice in a few weeks :grinning: How good would it be to open up a big comp lead at their expense?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the upside, a chance to beat Manly twice in a few weeks :grinning: How good would it be to open up a big comp lead at their expense?
On the Silvertails forum they are excited about the prospect of beating us twice as they have already labeled us as pretenders.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
From memory, this draw was compiled by some computer simulation of 2,000 possibilities, after factoring in many, many, many home game requests, windows for rep rounds, allocated byes and such ... I get the impression they look at the final product and went "Twice within 4 rounds ? Meh, it'll do !"

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always look on the bright side of life... what would the Manly fans think about playing us so soon?

Not a bad hit out really. We play
Manly
Eels
Raiders
Bye
Manly

The only problem there is when we beat Manly twice Des will never get us back under the radar.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
gives us a chance to create more separation

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
It looks stupid I know , but cant wait to run our big blokes straight at Whatnow ? King ,G.Stewart and Laurence . The thought of watching Matai wincing in pain , again , brings a smile to my face . Plus the fact their supporters hate us and despise Des makes it even more entertaining .Wish we could play them ***** 4 times a year .

More confident of beating them now than for the last 8 years or so , bring it on Silverfails !!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we play Tigers and Eels twice each at the back end of the season if I remember correctly.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
At least this year it will be the other teams blowing up about having to play us twice

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks stupid I know , but cant wait to run our big blokes straight at Whatnow ? King ,G.Stewart and Laurence . The thought of watching Matai wincing in pain , again , brings a smile to my face . Plus the fact their supporters hate us and despise Des makes it even more entertaining .Wish we could play them ***** 4 times a year .

More confident of beating them now than for the last 8 years or so , bring it on Silverfails !!!
BUT...Did they know something we didn't last year, when they berated and spat on Barba at Brooky, and yelled 'wife beater' at him, after the 32-30 clash!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Hopefully they play like they did last night, horrendous!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Even though we might not be winning by big margins like we were in 2012,
I think now we are a much complete and stronger footy side

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
A quick view of stats shows the following ...

- We've won 3 of our last 4 against Manly.
- We've won 3 of our last 4 at Brookvale.

What we're hearing from Silvertails is bricks being shat.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we play Tigers and Eels twice each at the back end of the season if I remember correctly.
That's good timing , those cellar dwellers should be well into self implosion by that stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we at full strength the 2nd time around?
Just curious about your avatar . Trent's wearing the away strip but that player hanging off him looks like he's wearing our home strip. Just saying ..

Status
Not open for further replies.