Rumour Players who almost signed with the Dogs

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 'Dogs looked to bring over the Johns brothers back in the mid-90's but I doubt it was close to happening

an interesting 'what if' was Brent Tate whose sister is Steve Price's wife and he was meant to come down but reneged and stayed in Brisbane

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andrew Fifita gave the full story about his Dogs contract on Kempys podcast last week.

It is peak fuck up central from us. I have no reason not to believe him but i know ***** here hate him and will refuse to believe.

The contract was all done. Agreed to. Something signed. Dogs were offering him ludicrous money and he was all for it.

2 weeks late his manager calls him after receiving the actual contract. It’s completely different.

It’s 100k in the first year, 120k in the second then absolutely fucking loaded in years 3 and 4. Peak back ending period.

He couldn’t get through years 1 and 2 on that money so his manager told him the only way out was to publicly say he loves Cronulla and wants to stay there.

Nek minnet Dogs terminate the contract and go on the defensive in the media.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Fatfita count?
No because he actually signed with us and then went and blabbed his stupid comment to the media about regretting he didn’t sign with Rugby Australia, so we tore up his contract lol what a meathead, where is he now lol

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how “close” they were , but JAC and Burton would be the most recent.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how “close” they were , but JAC and Burton would be the most recent.
Well Burton is officially a dogs player as of next year, (this year if an early release is secured) so he can be taken off the list.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Andrew Fifita gave the full story about his Dogs contract on Kempys podcast last week.

It is peak fuck up central from us. I have no reason not to believe him but i know c*** here hate him and will refuse to believe.

The contract was all done. Agreed to. Something signed. Dogs were offering him ludicrous money and he was all for it.

2 weeks late his manager calls him after receiving the actual contract. It’s completely different.

It’s 100k in the first year, 120k in the second then absolutely fucking loaded in years 3 and 4. Peak back ending period.

He couldn’t get through years 1 and 2 on that money so his manager told him the only way out was to publicly say he loves Cronulla and wants to stay there.

Nek minnet Dogs terminate the contract and go on the defensive in the media.
That is absolute rubbish

There was an interview with that dickhead where he said, the Bulldogs offered him 400k under salary cap and 450k in 3rd party payments. He said he wanted more money under the cap than in 3rd party payments and the club said No

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Burton is officially a dogs player as of next year, (this year if an early release is secured) so he can be taken off the list.
Thank god ! What a frustrating process let’s hope wrong on both