News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ofc im aware this stuff exists champ. But if an employee experiences humiliation or some form of mental distress at the hands of a ‘punishment’ - im telling u now the employer will have a case to answer.
His a paid athlete. Seriously it’s his job, what can possibly be said to throw his career away?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s starting to look like it’s going to court. There has been a long and drawn out mediation process which has apparently fallen through, So I do think it will probably all come out at some stage.
It’s gaining traction in the news now so maybe it will

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no case. You realise he would be in breach of contract. A.k.a David nofo from the tigers is a prime example. It’s not any different
The example of nofa is a bad one for ur case. Correct, he was sacked after missing 2 sessions, jackson hasn't been spotted for 6 months and remains in the top 30. There must be plenty going on behind the scenes .

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no case. You realise he would be in breach of contract. A.k.a David nofo from the tigers is a prime example. It’s not any different
Terrible comparison, completely different cases and impacts being argued

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The example of nofa is a bad one for ur case. Correct, he was sacked after missing 2 sessions, jackson hasn't been spotted for 6 months and remains in the top 30. There must be plenty going on behind the scenes .
I have no information - dont know what happened - but the club keeping him in the top 30 and i assume continuing to pay him would not be havinga negative effect on mental health - it would be part of their efforts to improve welfare n well being. If they sacked him, even if they had grounds to, it would be contrary to their statements re only being concerned with player welfare.

Re hashing in the media - as has now been done - i cant see how that is good for player welfare or career.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no information - dont know what happened - but the club keeping him in the top 30 and i assume continuing to pay him would not be havinga negative effect on mental health - it would be part of their efforts to improve welfare n well being. If they sacked him, even if they had grounds to, it would be contrary to their statements re only being concerned with player welfare.

Re hashing in the media - as has now been done - i cant see how that is good for player welfare or career.
That's one way to interpret it, and i hope your correct. I, like you, also have no information. But In long term, workplace investigations where legal proceedings are likely /possible, the employee will often be kept on the payroll until there's a resolution.
As for the media, their sole purpose is to gwt clicks, therefore they are mostly irrelevant.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Topine good kid, sorry to say to small for NRL and dont see him anywhere in starting 13

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one actually has a clue what really happened. Just all shut up and stop talking about it, let it all be dealt with in the background
It’s a public forum re Bulldogs topics, this is a Bulldogs topic, as if people are just going to shut up about it, don’t like it, don’t read it ..

On a side note …

Looks like those that are always pushing the negative agenda, the ones who love laying the boot into the club, are the only ones who’ve heard this so called “more to the story” narrative ..

Funny that …

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s a public forum re Bulldogs topics, this is a Bulldogs topic, as if people are just going to shut up about it, don’t like it, don’t read it ..

On a side note …

Looks like those that are always pushing the negative agenda, the ones who love laying the boot into the club, are the only ones who’ve heard this so called “more to the story” narrative ..

Funny that …
Of course there's more to the story, anyone with half a brain should know that.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not necessarily that he's weak in my opinion. Some guys are able to get to the big stage because they're physically gifted. Some get there because they're freakish talents. Others work their ass off and never quite crack it.

I guess pushing as hard as he has and watching others like TPJ cruise through probably messed with his head. It must be tough to sit on the edge of your dream and only brush it with your finger tips. I'd guess he's someone who's typically been on time for training and done extras anyway. Might've just been the straw that broke the camels back to be punished for a rare indiscretion. A few years of being told we love your work ethic. Your reward is you get to lead the team song when we win.

There's another little thing to think about. He might not have even been part of the group complaining about training. He might've been lumped in with them because of how events unfolded. We don't actually know that. I know it's unlike the kennel to jump to conclusions, but maybe this once we've lumped him into a group he's not associated with.

In any case he busted his ass for years for the club we love. I respect that and I hope he's ok mentally. I hope the club is treating him fairly too. I wouldn't assume that the media knows much of whats actually happening. But any hint of dirt and they'll sniff around. They've carefully avoided naming anyone without leaving any doubt about who they're talking about. So for all the insinuation that we've failed our duty of care to a player, they've bought unwanted attention to a situation that should be kept quiet.

So I'm not going to judge a young fellow that might be going through a tough time. If he's got a new manager, I'm suspicious the vulture is behind the legal proceedings in order to ensure he gets a quick payday. End of the day, if there's no future for him here we should sort things out as amicably as possible and both move on.
Excellent post @Alan79 !! Very well said and I also see it like this. See clowns? This is what good, useful contribution to a forum looks like. Make a note.

Whatever has happened between Jackson and the club, it’s a real shame imo. Jackson was a much loved “hype man” if not for his actual playing ability, but even the way he tried on the field, made most of us admire him. It sucks the way it’s gone down. I hope he can prosper whatever his next step is.

Status
Not open for further replies.