News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly, Jackson has to do this. his career is effectively over. He has no support in rugby league. No one will hire him. You only have to listen to the people, from all corners of the sport, who have spoken out against him.
and, brutal it may seem, but whatever we have to pay to get rid of this guy, will be worth it.
Yeah that’s more or less my take on it too. He’s no doubt doing it tough because it was obvious how much the kid loved this club and he’s probably realising his footy career may be done. But club needs to do everything it can to settle it asap, we don’t need the distraction and we don’t need to give Rothfield and co any more excuses to sling shit at us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Unless there's something illegal we dont know about yet involved in the situation, i cant see how this ends up with the player being a "victim". You do what your employer tells you, and take punishments for not meeting standards as they see fit. If you dont like it you leave the employment and go somewhere else. That simple. And yeh coach has the right not to pick you in FG if you dont meet expectations.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look who laughed at your post to see the mentality of the cult. Caring about mental health and mental well being out the window.

The player in question is not the first to take leave. Montgomery has since taken leave. There have been other players who have spoke out only to be character attacked by a cult following of our fans.

It’s now becoming clear RFM in his role as club captain only aired these concerns only to be smeared in the newspapers and sold off to any bidder. The good thing is that RFM is 100% paid for the next two years they couldn’t find a breach notice for termination like Tigers did with Nofo. RFM loved our club.

Nu Brown wrote a very good and heartfelt post on his page.

@Flanagun in another post called a troll for supporting the well being of the player in question.
Shut up you sook if you want fairy tales story go watch Disney. The fact I laughed at his comment has nothing to do with topine.
It’s funny he is trying to stick up for someone but at the same time putting down the coach with his avatar, double standards from the clown crew.
This is a footy club there is more to it than what you want to nitpick . You’re a fake fan and you spread lies about me and won’t engage in a conversation with me but take little stabs behind my back.
You are weak and don’t deserve to be a bulldog fan.

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, from what I’ve heard, Jackson has a legitimate mental health issue, so I really don’t feel comfortable with the word conniving being attached to it. There has been a long mediation process which has apparently been unsuccessful. As for the timing of when the case goes public/ to court … don’t think Jackson is the one driving that. So I think TK should think twice before vilifying him,
So what you’re saying that the club is responsible for his mental health?
So why did the club do everything in there powers to help him and get proper help?

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to bring back the soul to the club. Support him, give him a 2nd chance. He might have felt accepted by the club and all of a sudden that was turned on it's head, could of brought up some old trauma. A break of trust.

How do we know that it was him that spoke to the media, maybe it was RFM. Which he possibly did out of care. Being cold and ruthless only gets one so far. Actually if you know how the cold and ruthless ones can be the easiest to break.

Think about players like Paul Green and Peter Jackson. Plus others. People you know. Even yourself, how would you like to be treated when in a lurch?

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, Jackson has to do this. his career is effectively over. He has no support in rugby league. No one will hire him. You only have to listen to the people, from all corners of the sport, who have spoken out against him.
and, brutal it may seem, but whatever we have to pay to get rid of this guy, will be worth it.
The whole situation opens up a can of worm ..

Mental health is a legitimate issue, and you feel for the people who really suffer with it … but as with most things, there’ll always be those bad apples that leverage it to suit their own selfish reasons.

Footy players have used this excuse before when they’ve found themselves in trouble, and it’s a weak move.

If the kid really suffers from mental health issues I hope he’s getting the correct help he needs, but in this situation you’re correct, his career is finished, so it’s hard to know whether the issue really exists or is just being used as an excuse to receive a payout, it’s fairly normal in this situation that people are going to be sceptical ..

What is annoying here are the people saying they have “inside information” or “someone told them the real story” and one day it’ll all come out …

Oh but I can’t tell you what it is, because it’s a legal matter .. so what, someone’s running around telling you and whoever will listen, but you can’t mention it ?

Just like the … I can’t post a copy of the training text that I have because of privacy issues ..

If you can’t prove your case, just don’t even mention it, shut up about it, because it just looks like your bullshitting to kick into the club again.

Is there anyone other than the negative minority group that’s heard one whisper that there’s more to this story that hasn’t come out yet, or is it again, coincidently just them that’s heard it ..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Canterbury wants a quick victory, get the drunk to represent him.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless there's something illegal we dont know about yet involved in the situation, i cant see how this ends up with the player being a "victim". You do what your employer tells you, and take punishments for not meeting standards as they see fit. If you dont like it you leave the employment and go somewhere else. That simple. And yeh coach has the right not to pick you in FG if you dont meet expectations.
What u have said wouldve flied in 1994,2014, maybe 2014 but certainly not in 2024. Employees dont have to just blanket “do what ur employer tells u to do” isnt the case anymore because the breadth of things they can ‘reasonably’ ask u to do shrinks by the day. As for ‘punishments’ - this is extremely dangerous territory within the modern workplace and im surprised they still exist even in a sporting sense. Dangerous territory and were seeing an example of this here with young jackson. Youll be surprised at some of the things that are considered harassment and discrimination within the workplace nowadays.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What u have said wouldve flied in 1994,2014, maybe 2014 but certainly not in 2024. Employees dont have to just blanket “do what ur employer tells u to do” isnt the case anymore because the breadth of things they can ‘reasonably’ ask u to do shrinks by the day. As for ‘punishments’ - this is extremely dangerous territory within the modern workplace and im surprised they still exist even in a sporting sense. Dangerous territory and were seeing an example of this here with young jackson. Youll be surprised at some of the things that are considered harassment and discrimination within the workplace nowadays.
Rubbish! His a paid athlete he came late to training.
Have you coached junior league?
Go see what happens when you rock up late to training your doing 10 extra laps just to warm up.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The answer, like always, will lie somewhere in the middle. The fact he remains in our top 30 is the most interesting part to me. He hasn't been spotted at the club for 6 months, surely grounds to terminate (think Nofa, sacked for missing 2 sessions), unless the club can't terminate because of the unclear legalities. So there could be consequences for the club (probably minor but won't be great press). As for jackson, earmarked as future first grader for ages, led the team song after victories, seemingly popular but Still couldn't cement a fg spot or get a good contract. No doubt he has the shits, add the mental health issues on top and he is probably fuming at the club and doesn't see a way out.
& for the wanker posters with "inside knowledge", ya don't know shit. If u put money on the 'info' from the ***** in this forum, u would be broke in a week.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go see what happens when you rock up late to training your doing 10 extra laps just to warm up.
There is a difference when it is being done for punitive reasons to one individual.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ofc im aware this stuff exists champ. But if an employee experiences humiliation or some form of mental distress at the hands of a ‘punishment’ - im telling u now the employer will have a case to answer.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really poor form pls consider retracting that post
come on dreaming even your v
So player welfare isn't an issue unless the player happens to die?.

If what I have been told about the incident is true, Jackson has a very good case.
Flappy case about what? You know at the end of the day workplace we all in work in compared to an athlete work place are two different things.

I’m agreeing with twin turbo on this. Clearly wasn’t ready for the intensity that followed last year. You will see data from the club providing to anyone interested to see how his 2022 season vs his 2023 season compares. If he dropped in 2023 then guess what proves that he wasn’t up to the KPI’s required for a job that they do.

Just remember if you claim mental health no problem, it will be assessed and if need be, pay his contract out and see ya later. You haven’t heard anything, what you’ve been told is cold turkey. Right now as it stands the club is focusing on 2024 and buzz is treading a line that even Jackson should watch out who he is telling this story and remember players do have a obligation to keep things out of public.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ofc im aware this stuff exists champ. But if an employee experiences humiliation or some form of mental distress at the hands of a ‘punishment’ - im telling u now the employer will have a case to answer.
no case. You realise he would be in breach of contract. A.k.a David nofo from the tigers is a prime example. It’s not any different

Status
Not open for further replies.