17. Middle

We could lowwwww key cook up 10th spot with this

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd choke on my own dick if we swapped Fox for Matto, can't believe anyone on here would be against that. Matto walks into our side blindfolded.
Yep. Be mad not to accept the trade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whether he should've been fined or not is irrelevant. He did get fined/suspended & chose to take the selfish route. He's always been just after money. Left Tigers after 1 season when still under contract. No thanks.
Who cares, players only come here for the money.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Crichton
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Kiraz
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. Max
9. Reed
10. SST (lol)
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Matterson

14. Mann/Taffee/Curran/???
15. Salmon
16. Middle
17. Middle

We could lowwwww key cook up 10th spot with this
Burton - Sexton halves combo YUCK

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We offload Foxx to eels for 700k
We get Weirimu for 550
Then buy Jordan Pereira cheap for one year as wing back up @150.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever is saying swap for Paulo obviously didn't watch any Eels games this year. He was terrible.

Eels players I'd swap JAC for are Moses, Gutherson & RCG. End of list.
Bingo on all 3.
I'd say the order would be Moses-RCG-Gutho.

I really like Gutho as I rate him as one of the smartest football brains in the game and he is good captain material.

But we are desperate for a top line half and metre eater prop.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct in not liking his vibes ... that post about Palestine last week could VERY easily be viewed as Fox agitating for a release, especially in light of other ongoing issues between himself and the club. Either that or he is stupid.

No doubt his speed is an X factor, but i agree with you that other areas of his game are poor. Ridiculous penalties, rushing out of the line on kick chases, not playing to the whistle, ordinary in yardage sets, suspect defensive reads. As a leader and international player, he should be much better in the basics. CC would have been livid with some of his efforts/decisions last season ... i was.

It is preferable for wingers to have a high footy IQ like the players you mention ... speed alone is not enough over the course of the season.

I hope we keep him for that mentioned X factor, knowing he will score the moment he gets clear is great, but we also have some talented young outside backs/wingers in Kiraz, Wilson, Skelton, Xerri, Mazzone, Gabriel .... money might be better spent elsewhere?
You raised good points.
He is also very marketable and a fan favourite so that can't be underestimated given we have no other X factors in the team.

But I always felt he would be a stop gap signing to raise our point scoring ability from broken play and put us in a position to attract other talent.

I'd be surprised if he saw out his 4 year with us, so if a swap was on the cards for a high profile player in a much needed position, then it wouldnt be a bad decision to move on it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Another idea for a swap from another school of thinking.
Foxx for Gutherson?
That resolves any fullback concerns. Tafe will be annoyed but. But then he goes into halves backup and Crichton into centre

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only kennel would be ungrateful enough to wanna trade away one of the top 2 wingers in the comp, one of the biggest names, serial winner and international/ NSW rep after 1 average season for a guy that would rather save $4k than play for his team

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt that he was agitating for a release. I think the post was due to his manager being Palestinian. He was also very apologetic.
I think Foxx is massively overrated. However he could be used as a bargaining chip to get someone like Weirimu Greig over.
Although if that doesn’t happen I wouldn’t want to release him next year as we are so under the cap it isn’t funny. It’ll create more problems than it solves. 2025 is different.
One thing I wouldn’t do is re sign him, at least beyond year instalments because once his speed goes he is finished. Like Hoppa without the footy IQ.

I watched with very much of an interest when Roger Fabri said the 3 fastest players in the NRL was Saab, Young and Xerri. Fabri very much knows his craft and has spoken highly of Foxx before so something makes me think he believes the decline has started in his speed.
My thoughts are it’s his age (turning 29 nek year) and the big leg injury he got this year.
Fabri is one strange cat ... top operator though.

Fox could probably still keep up with most mentioned over fifty ... any longer and he would struggle.

Agree about the declining speed ... do not think he will be a "Chicka" Ferguson who appeared to get faster as he aged lol.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only kennel would be ungrateful enough to wanna trade away one of the top 2 wingers in the comp, one of the biggest names, serial winner and international/ NSW rep after 1 average season for a guy that would rather save $4k than play for his team
out of all the positions on the field, I still think a winger is the most overrated. Love JAC, but to have whatever cap we have devoted to him is not what we need right now. Really require a prop, and I’d give him up for rcg.

he’s an international and nsw rep too.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of Matterson. Head knock risk plus he took games off rather then fine when suspended so probably not a ‘team’ player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's not a top 2 winger lmao

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Crichton at least tries his best every game & has won titles. RM doesn't try his best every game, doesn't care about winning or losing & is selfish.
Diaz is selfish but you like him.