Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus did this at Panther with Jennings, Blake, DWZ etc. I think it’s inevitable a player swap could be on the cards. Looks like we’re looking for out of favour/decent middles so such as Matto, Blore, D Saf could be on the cards

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where’s the FW Nashy?
He didn’t have this scoop back in June about the eeeels playa cuming to the Dogggz

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He definitely helps improve our backfield metres, but he's such a clever player with ball in hand.
I will always bring up his baptism of fire against both Penrith and Brisbane where he got 180m and 190m. On top of that he worked for every metre.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taking this whole situation with a grain of salt as no-one is confirming anything… but it really pisses me off to be honest.

JAC is a great player on his day and is always a threat in attack (notwithstanding his defence is questionable). He is on top money for a winger, gets rep bonuses and then earns a heap more from third party agreements and his own business. He’s playing for one of the highest profile and best supported clubs and is always talking up his senior leadership role and skills. And he’ll be set up after footy with a media role for sure.

And how does he show gratitude for all of this? He goes off shooting guns with Latrell, plays in an offseason tournament where he’ll be a target for every other player and says controversial shit on social media. If he leaves then so be it, the club is bigger than one player, but it will knock our team down a peg depending on who we get back just as we’re starting to recruit some quality.

Football players seriously have no idea how good they’ve got it. Seriously, just pull your heads in and get on with doing your job like the rest of us do.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If for Paulo or Gillard any day of the week would do the move.

Probably we will sign Lane, ogden or doorey!!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A couple of ways to look at this

IF.....there are issues between the club and JAC and Gus and CC feel it would be better for the team to move him on, I'm on board

Fox is a great finisher...BUT.....he makes minimal yardage coming out of our own end and his defence (or lack of) at times has been atrocious.

If he is our "bargaining chip" to get us a quality front rower in a player swap, I'm all for it

A quality front rower makes us a better team. Fox can be replaced by Skelton or Wilson

Whether I'd take Matterson as a swap....maybe... he would make us stronger but ideally we should be looking for a prop

If the Eels, Knights, Tigers and Dragons are already interested within hours of this story breaking, I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow morning there are 6 more clubs interested...which increases our options in getting a quality front rower that we desperately need

Finally the off season is hotting up...looking forward to see how this plays out