Player Stats from the Sharks Trial

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt Mann seemed to get the ball a lot for someone with no plan of what to do once he got it.
It just goes to show how passive Burton is..
Mann comes on, hangs 1 pass off the hooker, demands the ball and guess what? He gets it!

Only problem, as you said, was that he doesn't know what to do with it. I don't mind it sometimes as I like abit of eyes up footy, but he needs to mix it up with abit of structure.

This is why Hutch is the main man to be in the halves. He demands the ball and has good mix of structure and eyes up footy.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting defensive stats.

Broson Xerri = 4 tackles made & 2 tackles missed.
Matt Burton = 12 tackles made & 3 tackles missed.
Reed Mahoney = 39 tackles made & 8 tackles missed.
Kurtis Morrin = 22 tackles made & 5 tackles missed.
Kurt Mann = 27 tackles made & 1 tackle missed.
These are the worst stats to look at if you aren't watching the missed tackles on the screen.

There are things called "drop off" tackles that add to Mahoney's stats that make him look bad, but have no consequence of a try or line break.

If you have a miss in a 1-on-1 situation, it's almost definitely a try or line break and can be damming.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate fkn stats. Effort and aggression can’t be measured. I prefer the eye test. ***** who rely on stats look at the game very different to me

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate fkn stats. Effort and aggression can’t be measured. I prefer the eye test. ***** who reply on stats look at the game very different to me
Exactly. It's best to watch the game 5 times then you get a proper understanding of it

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate fkn stats. Effort and aggression can’t be measured. I prefer the eye test. ***** who rely on stats look at the game very different to me
Burton & Mahoney are bad defenders in the eye test & the stats back it up. Mahoney though is more when he's tired.

I do agree with you that stats alone are terrible.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You use both, not that complicated lol.
Not complicated. Its football. Watch the game and i will tell you who played well and who didnt aim up.i dint need some fkn **** to yell me how many times a player scratched his left testicle to judge how a player went

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not complicated. Its football. Watch the game and i will tell you who played well and who didnt aim up.i dint need some fkn **** to yell me how many times a player scratched his left testicle to judge how a player went
You think Salmon is amazing, maybe you do need some stats :innocent:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton & Mahoney are bad defenders in the eye test & the stats back it up. Mahoney though is more when he's tired.

I do agree with you that stats alone are terrible.
Burton and Mahoney are the biggest under performers in our team. If they start to play well, than our results improve

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton and Mahoney are the biggest under performers in our team. If they start to play well, than our results improve
If Burton & Mahoney play to their potential we're a top 8 team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Salmon is not amazing. He has been a strong in the trials. Deserves a first grade spot IMO
Looked okay against reserve graders but that's it. Doesn't deserve a firstgrade spot at all.