Player Market Bloodbath from 12am

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t think it will be quite like the Nba free agency where moves come right away haha.

Interesting Mam, deadren, best, and a few others haven’t been re-signed by their team. So might be a few opportunities for crazy money to be tossed around. Also Joey Manu. I’m sure roosters would have locked him up. I wonder if he is genuinely available. Hmmmmmm……

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That new cool down period could postpone things by a couple of weeks :/

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would benefit our team the most ..Mam, Luai or Deardon? Luai will not leave the Panthers for less than 1.1m. Mam will be a superstar who can play half or five eigth but does he have the kicking game and game management we need from a half? Deardon is a genuine half ...its a difficult choice but I would go for Deardon..I just think he suits our team the most

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mam and Luai were playing second fiddle in top teams. Deardon I'm not sure about but if he was the dominant half then perhaps the blame for missing the finals lays at his feet.
Splashing big money on any of these players is no guarantee our team will be dramatically improved. Is it worth the gamble?

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not really. I just took a strong antiinflammatory. Hope that has an effect. Very uncomfortable night sleep.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does preseason training start today?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mam and Luai were playing second fiddle in top teams. Deardon I'm not sure about but if he was the dominant half then perhaps the blame for missing the finals lays at his feet.
Splashing big money on any of these players is no guarantee our team will be dramatically improved. Is it worth the gamble?
If we're not going for Paps and we're not getting big name forwards (which seems the case) and we have the budget we should go for both Dearden and Luai. Both would set us up nicely. We just need to find some cheapy up and coming props. I reckon we're a good chance at getting Terrell May although he might not be real cheap.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know who we might get? Hopefully someone that's now too old.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we're not going for Paps and we're not getting big name forwards (which seems the case) and we have the budget we should go for both Dearden and Luai. Both would set us up nicely. We just need to find some cheapy up and coming props. I reckon we're a good chance at getting Terrell May although he might not be real cheap.
Terrell May would have to be on Gus's list. The Roosters can't possibly sign all of their off contact players now Creighton is staying.
Would be interesting to see a list of players on a yearly basis that have left and are recruited by the Roosters. To see if it adds up. I'd be surprised.