Phil Rothfield predicts where your NRL team will finish in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to point out that Jmoz and bmoz are both the same age both have ability and 30 is not old for first grade. Its actually the beginning of a 2 year peak . Bmoz has lost his grunt and enthusiasm not his ability ( I'm no expert but I was right about Ennis when Every agiest wrote him off in 2014 when in fact that's when a man is at his strongest and fastest) (omg I need some fresh air!)
Anyhow that ageist argument should be dead and buried.
They're the same age??? Jesus you'd think they were twins!

I remember Jmoz being turned inside out vs Cowboys at Townsville, and he looked quite less agile and slow off the mark. He's looked like that a number of times this season, vs Canberra as well.

Bmoz's ability I'd never doubt, his 2015 year for us was great even while he was carrying that knee injury from the sandpit at Brookvale. But it's his body that's the problem, how much longer is it going to hold out?

They were both great players in their heyday, their peaks were clearly a few years ago, I just don't see them lasting that long.

At the very least, I expect it to be certainty that we won't be losing Jmoz to State of origin anymore.

Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're the same age??? Jesus you'd think they were twins!

I remember Jmoz being turned inside out vs Cowboys at Townsville, and he looked quite less agile and slow off the mark. He's looked like that a number of times this season, vs Canberra as well.

Bmoz's ability I'd never doubt, his 2015 year for us was great even while he was carrying that knee injury from the sandpit at Brookvale. But it's his body that's the problem, how much longer is it going to hold out?

They were both great players in their heyday, their peaks were clearly a few years ago, I just don't see them lasting that long.

At the very least, I expect it to be certainty that we won't be losing Jmoz to State of origin anymore.
Lol I like how you turned the sarcasm back around.

But you're confusing disinterest / disbodiment of players with being past their use by dates.

Exhibit A
Bmoz came back and scored 3 tries in the first game , nobody could keep up with this old timer except for his twin.

Exhibit B

is the best because Ennis played his best football ever starting with us in 2014 and leaving in his peak in2016 (33)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I like how you turned the sarcasm back around.

But you're confusing disinterest / disbodiment of players with being past their use by dates.

Exhibit A
Bmoz came back and scored 3 tries in the first game , nobody could keep up with this old timer except for his twin.

Exhibit B

is the best because Ennis played his best football ever starting with us in 2014 and leaving in his peak in2016 (33)
Bmoz, if memory serves me correctly, 2 out of 3 tries against Broncos were relatively easy put downs. As I said, not doubting his ability at all, if not for his body, I'd keep him as our fullback.

Bmoz's game relies a lot on tackle busts, he's great at that but that's a major physical impact on his already damaged body.

Ennis, is a completely different scenario, Ennis's body is still intact and more than anything it was Ennis' intelligence on the field that made him such a great player.

Bmoz and Jmoz, in their current positions, rely a lot on their physical abilities, speed, and explosive power off the mark, which I just doubt at this moment. Would love for Jmoz especially, to prove me wrong, but I just don't see it

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not very confident that we will have a good season in 2017.
It would not surprise me if the bulldogs finish around 11th.
But that is mainly because I have no faith in our halves pair or their kicking game.
If they fire and play well the team will go ok.
I think Penrith and Canberra are goingto be good in 2017.
So to should the Warriors?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the spectacular loss out of the finals was part of a master plan?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know Des is big on 'under the radar' like everyone knows it so nobody was buying it.

Now everyone had lost faith ..

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the spectacular loss out of the finals was part of a master plan?
Haha, i wish, problem was last years title was up for grabs, no one really stood out from the pack for mine.
Sharkies rolled in on sentiment and guts at times, the semi v canberra won them the comp i reckon.
Dogs have now had too many years with very good cattle only to come up with nothing...i cant see anything changing next year for the better sadly

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well finish 12th unless des lets them play footy and a couple of young players jump out of the box

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm as bigger Dogs fan as anyone. But this prediction is quite generous.
I think Tigers will definitely finish in front of us (Don't forget they had Tedesco out for a major part of the season and he's pretty much the most dangerous attacking player in club football)
Every team has improved their roster besides us,Knights and Dragons.
Pretty immature to carry on about Buzz in a hissy fit just cause he reckons we will miss the eight.
I think anyone who knows football and has watched us over the years knows we are no chance of making the 8.

Teams waaay better than us..

Cowboys
Panthers
Sharks
Warriors
Raiders
Brisbane
Storm
Eels

Teams with better rosters..

Roosters
Souths
Titans and probably Tigers.

A lot depends on draw (we do have a good one) injuries, suspensions but a shit load of things need to go our way to finish in the 8
when there are twelve teams better than us on our paper.

Our forward pack is our strenght but seems like they've even lost their bite, combine this with the worst 'spine' in the comp and we're in
all sorts.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah we will scrape in to eighth by the skin of our dognuts

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on mate.
Same team, same plan will = same as 2015/16.

Can Des deliver?
Des can deliver in theory, but to change at this stage would be admitting that the past four season were failures and he is too stubborn to do that.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I had us pencilled in to finish 13th which looked good until they threw Desball out the window with a few rounds left

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I expected our blokes to play the way they did in the last month like that all season and for us to get the cherries. Got that wrong but at least I was reassured by their play at the end to show they could've done it had they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.