News Phil Gould's $6m Carnage At Penrith Panthers, Canterbury Bulldogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mentioning Soward is a joke, he basically admitted himself that his time was up and didn't want to hold the young talent back by staying in self interest.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying bro but we’re already light in the backs and to still be paying $300k of his $500k doesn’t add up just to save $200k …
We have acquired some decent young backs, you only need depth in a worst case scenario. Somtimes the end justifies the means . . . And this could be that time

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, based on how we are heading as a club, old mate Drunkfield is only going to get more feral.

The better we do, the worse he will get. Sucked in BUZZ, you drunken old senile fuck!!! EAT A BIG FAT GUS DICK.
Exactly right mate. It looks like offloading Allen is going to lead to further roster improvement in someway and he can’t handle.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t believe it tbh. You’d just keep him if that were the case.
When did allan last do something for us ? Him gone =Freed roster spot =saved money = minimum wage player =more chance to sign quality players

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
writes Phil Rothfield..

Gus could tell the turd that the sky is blue and he’d argue it isn’t

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gus didn’t exist the drunk wouldn’t have anything to write about, like most alcoholics he has a grudge he cant help but bring up at every chance

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this to a few Gould haters I know, and I’d love to say it to this Brothfield **** … plus a few naysayers on TK here ….

Whether you like him or not, Gus played a massive part in reviving and setting up the Roosters to be the club they are today, he then eventually went on to not only save the Panthers from liquidation, he rebuilt that clubs junior pathways and rebuilt that whole club from the bottom up, remember, they’d only ever won 2 premierships with that huge junior catchment area they brag about before he arrived … yet there are still people who fucking doubt his ability …

Did he do it alone, of fucking cause not … did it take longer than the 5 years he expected, yes, it’s a huge Job to rebuild a footy club, did he have to make hard decisions along the way, fuck yes, did he get everything 100% right, of cause not, he’s not Jesus …

When he does the same at the Bulldogs and we win a premiership, it’s time for all the naysayers and haters to STFU and give the man the fucking accolades that are well over due to him … and that’s not even touching on his coaching or origin record …

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this to a few Gould haters I know, and I’d love to say it to this Brothfield **** … plus a few naysayers on TK here ….

Whether you like him or not, Gus played a massive part in reviving and setting up the Roosters to be the club they are today, he then eventually went on to not only save the Panthers from liquidation, he rebuilt that clubs junior pathways and rebuilt that whole club from the bottom up, remember, they’d only ever won 2 premierships with that huge junior catchment area they brag about before he arrived … yet there are still people who fucking doubt his ability …

Did he do it alone, of fucking cause not … did it take longer than the 5 years he expected, yes, it’s a huge Job to rebuild a footy club, did he have to make hard decisions along the way, fuck yes, did he get everything 100% right, of cause not, he’s not Jesus …

When he does the same at the Bulldogs and we win a premiership, it’s time for all the naysayers and haters to STFU and give the man the fucking accolades that are well over due to him … and that’s not even touching on his coaching or origin record …
Gus was a smart player too, i remember him taking a tap,facing our in goal and putting up a bomb over his head No one saw it coming . . . Like a Gus poaching raid

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes like a schoolgirl trying to enact revenge on some another chic that stole her boyfriend.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield is nothing but a journo dealing in sensationalism, nothing ever inspired or well written.
The stupid old flog might have a future at new idea etc.
Get a life or some talent you moronic boofhead.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And whether people like to admit it or not. Penrith are reaping the benefits now of some of Goulds work setting their juniors up.
I have a mate who's a Panthers fan and he believes Panthers were better when Gus left lol. I'm like of course the youngsters he invested in matured and Cameron Smith retired and Latrell was suspended from the GF... Naturally they rose to the top as the stars aligned for them.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’re gonna get great by signing Crichton to play fullback? Cool story, bro!
That's a good story . . . Unloading Flanno in the process . . . Now that's a cool story bro !!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam Elliott, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Jeremy Marshall King. There’s four, baby! Boom!
Fam, cookieman said "worth keeping". Every player Gus has axed has been spot on

Elliot....creep/dick fingers
Jackson....WAY overpaid
Allan....WAY overpaid/injury prone
JMK.....NSW Cup hooker

Even the players you didn't mention Gus got right

Schoupp...selfish/one-dimensional
Flanno.....Park footballer