News Phil Gould meets with Ben Hunt

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would love Hunt but I don't believe it for a second, can't see the Dragons releasing him and it probably isn't worth pursuing the deal unless that was an option.
all the dickhead st george supporters dont want to lose sullivan and it is rumoured he will leave if Hunt stays. Id say it was just a meeting saying if you are going to leave, give us a call we are interested.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
all the dickhead st george supporters dont want to lose sullivan and it is rumoured he will leave if Hunt stays. Id say it was just a meeting saying if you are going to leave, give us a call we are interested.
Maybe. I'd much rather Hunt than Sullivan..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thank fuk the RL world isn't involved with our Nations defence with their "secret" meetings!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless there are some players that are contracted for 2023 moving on i can,t see how another half like Sullivan would be signed. 27 or 28 spots filled but still short of middles. Can change quickly though.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love Hunt but I don't believe it for a second, can't see the Dragons releasing him and it probably isn't worth pursuing the deal unless that was an option.
I heard from Isaac that it’s a straight swap for Flanno in 2023.

Dragons will kick in some freight

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a smokescreen for Munster

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Precedent: he publicly met Maguire before announcing Ciraldo
He met McGuire to see if he wanted to become an assistant coach!

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we don’t buy a marquee #7 or #1 by December we are in all sorts.
Mahoney and Kikau alone aren’t gonna take this team to the 8.
Need leadership and class
We can’t buy any marquee for 2023 it’s 2024 that we have heaps of space!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
34??? No way you would risk signing him at 34...so we signed him for 2 years and then what? Look for another half back? Seriously, we would be better of going after Mitchell moses who has another 4 good years in him. Bit the other issue is that we risk losing BBO and he could be our long term halfback.
i would def prefer Moses although either will do.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want him so he can get redemption with us for his GF Loss with the Broncos. I feel this one is personal with him..

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the cap is expected to go up to $10.5m for next year but teams have been told to operate under $9.4m? How shambolic. Everyone’s roster is pretty much set for next year so how will teams spend an extra $1.1 million next year if the cap does go up by that much?

This is way to simplistic but IF the cap goes up by $1.1m and IF we have no players with rachet clauses, can we afford a marquee like Hunt in 23? Is every club gonna try plan on doing something similar?

Amateurish planning by the NRL.
This is the type of crap from the NRL which contributed to our salary cap woes.

We budgeted for a raise and it didn't happen.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless there are some players that are contracted for 2023 moving on i can,t see how another half like Sullivan would be signed. 27 or 28 spots filled but still short of middles. Can change quickly though.
Have faith in The Great Gus, diddly :grinning:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The off-season is long. Many things can change [emoji6]

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is the type of crap from the NRL which contributed to our salary cap woes.

We budgeted for a raise and it didn't happen.
In there defence, they did warn not to BUT amateur hour not having SC decided atleast 12 months in advance considering how the Nov signing thing works. NRL are fukin useless. Bring on SL 2.0 with a cleanout and rules returning to normal.