Peter Zorba Peters: Ben Barba's Gone (NRL Unleashed Podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Apparently, Mundine and Nasser hated Greenberg because he wouldnt negotiate on a deal with mundine while he was head of operations at ANZ, but he has no other problems with the rest of the board and the club. And Nasser made it very specific to put a name to the person he doesnt like/respect.

Anyways, what is the status with Mundine and Nasser? Are they still mates? I know they had a falling out over promoting/managing related things, and Mudnine ended up changing managers. Not too sure if they are mates again but I know that Nasser isnt managing Mundine at the moment as he went with a US promoter.

Will be interesting to see who Fergos manager is.
Doubt he will come to the dogs, doesnt fit the clubs etiquette.
It's Lionel Hutz

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/sportalcomau/nrl-unleashed-round-26

or http://www.sportal.com.au/league/podcast-nrl-unleashed

in this weeks episode zorba and the boys are talking up Young Hoppa or Tomkins to the dogs. They claim that Tomkins will most likely be off to the warriors however the dogs are sniffing around & that James Graham has been in Tomkins ear trying to get him to Belmore. Zorba claims that Hasler has told him a big name is coming and that Hoppa definitely has a get out clause in his contract. Listen from about 14:50.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again Zorba reiterating that Des has told him a "big name" will replace Barba. So we can hopefully rule out any muppets such as Beale and Moltzen.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign both lol. If souths and rooters can do it y cant we. Nah but honestly hayne would b perfect.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we're allowed to sign Tuevasa-Sheck. Roosters need to keep a minimum of 5 hyphenated players.

But seriously... I rate him (but I wouldn't exactly call him a big name).

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
God forgive me for saying this.......... I hope it's Hayne.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hayne would be ****ing ace in blue and white.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does everyone see in hayne that I don't yea he shows up on origin but so what
But at club level he doesn't always play to his full potential and he is a lazy fullback hardly see him in the right position defensively

I'd rather hoppa he is younger and shows more potential

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hayne is a very good blend of athlete and footballer. Has the skill of a half, the speed of a winger, and the vision of a dummy half. He has carried parra for many seasons on his own.

The thing is though he has had several pretty significant hamstring injuries (which never heal 100%). I haven't followed the eels much this year but I would say he has played maybe under half their games? Would that be about right? No one needs to be told about his ability. He has ripped the dogs apart single handedly more times then I wish to remember.

I would like to see him show his loyalty to the eels. They deserve it after the last 4 years that they have had. After all their dud buys at coaching dilemma. Hayne has been one of the few mainstays in the team. Hopefully he is paid well for what he does for the team (considering muppets like sandow are on 500k he deserves double that).

If hoopa is an option that would be great as he is a class fullback. But I wouldn't want to poach a player that just signed as we all went through it with Barba and it wasnt pretty for our club and fan base. Hayne deserves to be an eel for life. Really turned his life around from that teenager that was getting drive by attacks in the cross.

Hayne is only about a year older then Barba yet he has achieved so much more then him. 8 origin tries, Australia representative amounts many other honours. The only thing they have in common is a dally m.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Yeah we are definitely in need of a more of a playmaking type fullback as opposed to a Barba-like try first mentality sort of fullback.

Hayne fits the bill and out of the names being brought up he'd be the guy i'd most like to join the club.

In saying that, unless Stuart exercises his exit-clause from Parra, Hayne won't be going anywhere.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Deadset I could care less about the parra fan base losing out on Hayne. Do you think Bronco fans are going poor dogs we got barba. Do you think the roosters are with sbw? BS.

It's sadly football. The only team with this sort of stuff I feel sorry for is Raiders and that's because they have gone through Dugan & likely Ferguson & Milford all in one season and lately Monaghan & Carney. Seriously they are the only club like us that have coped this shit so badly over recent years.

SIGN ON THE HAYNE TRAIN! He must want to finally start winning surely!

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Hayne doesn't have back injuries from carrying that whole team for the 5 years.

Seriously though I think he'd flourish at a quality club, origin is an indication of his ability to when not stuck with a bunch of dead weight.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Hopefully Hayne is getting to that stage of his career where he thinks where can I win a comp.

Answer is not Parra, not while he is still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.