Opinion Peter V’landys

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know a guy who is a horse racing steward. I won't reveal his identity. He told me that vlandys is gun barrel straight and a no nonsese character who is very good at getting to the bottom of dodgy stuff in the sport. I am led to believe he will stay in racing while being nrl commission chairman. I look forward to him locking horns with a certain individual in rugby league and would be very disappointed if he doesn't.
He is 100% right
People have assumed Peter is dodgy because he’s involved in racing but he’s far from it and it’s a great appointment.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a guy who is a horse racing steward. I won't reveal his identity. He told me that vlandys is gun barrel straight and a no nonsese character who is very good at getting to the bottom of dodgy stuff in the sport. I am led to believe he will stay in racing while being nrl commission chairman. I look forward to him locking horns with a certain individual in rugby league and would be very disappointed if he doesn't.
Like I said, don’t know much about him. But that sounds positive

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is 100% right
People have assumed Peter is dodgy because he’s involved in racing but he’s far from it and it’s a great appointment.
I don't know enough about him to comment to others, but certainly to myself I assumed it to be the case.
I hope he has his integrity - we need him to stand tall against greenturd and politis, not be their best buddies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
By all accounts he sounds like a bloke that has the intestinal fortitude and aptitude to sort out the cluster fuck the NRL has become. I hope this is the case.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he is coming from the horse racing industry then I can only imagine he's a man of great integrity
He was the one pushing to clean up harness racing and was doing a great job until poached to the Gallops and his position there wasn't ever going to be easy because they didn't care at that time if the Gallops were clean, I think he will be good for League , lets hope so anyway.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol at all the comments about horse racing and everyone being labeled cheats, 100000 plus people licensed over the codes and only a handful of them have been charged and convicted, people are quick to forget ryan tandy and what he was up to, remember he couldnt have pulled off what he did working alone, and how many times have teams that look like certainties been flogged
where ever there is betting there is an element there that will cheat

vlandys will bring a lot of scrutiny and integrity to the nrl, hes no-nonsense approach and bullish attitude wont see him swayed by refs boss or media, theres more integrity measures in horse racing than nrl

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
V’landys and Politis are both Kytherian, both born on the Greek island of Kythera.
If V’Landys gets the gig you don’t have to be Einstein to figure out these guys will be working hand in hand to the detriment of others.
I agree it worries me,cronyism is a recipe for corruption always has been and always will

ifdogsrunfree

Waterboy
Reaction score
In an interview with Meldrum-Hanna, Mr V’landys insisted that “zero” horses from NSW were ending up at abattoirs or knackeries — facilities that turn animals into pet meat.

“Because it is against the rules of racing,” he said.

When asked if he was sure the figure was zero, Mr V’landys responded: “Yes, absolutely.”

Sounds so full of shit. He will slot into the NRL seamlessly.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree it worries me,cronyism is a recipe for corruption always has been and always will
Yep...looks like we can look forward to a few more years of Roosters premierships and the NRL looking the other way re their salary cap.

From Rothfield’s latest Saints, Sinners, Shoosh article…

SPOTTED IV

A trifecta of rugby league heavyweights — Peter V’landys, Nick Politis and Todd Greenberg — having breakfast in Rushcutters Bay on Thursday, discussing pertinent league matters.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...looks like we can look forward to a few more years of Roosters premierships and the NRL looking the other way re their salary cap.

SPOTTED IV

A trifecta of rugby league heavyweights — Peter V’landys, Nick Politis and Todd Greenberg — having breakfast in Rushcutters Bay on Thursday, discussing pertinent league matters.
And they say the nrl isn’t rigged ..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

SPOTTED IV

Todd and Uncle Nick getting Peter V up to speed on how things are run in the NRL.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was disappointed at how he handled the horses interview. Seemed out of his depth.

Banned
Reaction score
We can live with hope, yet only time will tell if that was warranted!

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

SPOTTED IV

And this doesn’t raise any eyebrows? Ffs, thank Christ I follow other codes of sport

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't know anything about Vlandys. But it's not good to hear that he's having lunch with Politis and Greenberg. Throws some doubt about integrity straight away if he's hanging out with them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
ICAC?
ATO audit?
No gonna happen. Like pollies....all tarred with the same brush and know all the scams, brush over any issues and carry on with their own rorts.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick a fork in this 'competition', its done.