Perrett = big game player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs ive got to look at the replay because i had a really shit ground level view and missed heaps of stuff (except the winning field goal, i surely was first to know it was good), but it seemed everytime i looked up and saw what was happening i see perrett do something excellent tbh

2012 preliminary final he produced a couple of tries including the tight rope try, 2012 grand final finished off the try and even for the roosters got a double 2 weeks in a row to help them into the GF

marley and robbiefowler need to make an apology

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt, he is just a solid player all around. His reliability at the back is really second to none, and you can see in today's attacking raids, he injects himself, creating a try and scoring one himself.

But, this side is a better side, if we were to get a proper fullback in the role. And thats no disrespect to Sammy, he is doing this role because he has been asked too and he is doing it, to his up most ability. You can't ask for anything more. To my knowledge, I dont think he asked for this role, my impression was, Des thought he was best suited for it.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perrett is reliable at FB and most of all he is a reliable player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
ffs ive got to look at the replay because i had a really shit ground level view and missed heaps of stuff (except the winning field goal, i surely was first to know it was good), but it seemed everytime i looked up and saw what was happening i see perrett do something excellent tbh

2012 preliminary final he produced a couple of tries including the tight rope try, 2012 grand final finished off the try and even for the roosters got a double 2 weeks in a row to help them into the GF

marley and robbiefowler need to make an apology
Apology? Lol get fcuked what for? He is still an average fb. Yes he is great in defence but his attacking ability is extremely limited and we would be a much better football side with a real fullback that has balance between his attacking and defensive game.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Apology? Lol get fcuked what for? He is still an average fb. Yes he is great in defence but his attacking ability is extremely limited and we would be a much better football side with a real fullback that has balance between his attacking and defensive game.
we are getting closer and closer to the premiership that you said was impossible tbh

2 games away baby

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I thought he was our best. Scored one, assisted one, ran well.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
was that him that converted a bomb reception into an attackling raid?, ill get to that part soon on the replay

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The big run like 40 metres or so? yea.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was brilliant against Manly. Especially when he ran down the sideline and beat about 6 players (which admittedly he could have done as a winger). Unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll ever have the support play a good fullback needs but he is improving constantly and for now I am happy with him there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He looked like a fullback tonight.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was awesome but he also dropped a few bombs. Overall his best game of the year.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I am a fan of Perret. I think to many of us see him with biased eyes and lose the good he does for us. He never allows himself to get hit with a surrender tackle or get driven backwards and usually makes at least 10 metres and usually beyond 15 when he runs it to give the forwards a chance to regroup.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty harsh on Pez last 2 years (only cause I have high expectations of him), but last night he was incredible.

His runs were massive, never got bent back, made tonns of metres, and his foot work was unreal. Well done !

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought so too. He was fantastic last night. Still don't think he is our long term solution. But I am glad we have him here this year.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still don't think he's our long term option either but boy did he bring a superstar quality game yesterday. Ever reliable and that try he scored was pure strength of will, it's amazing how good he's become since he left the Roosters, credit to Des and Perrett for that.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While there are no fullbacks on the market (we cannot even lure atm). He has gone beyond expectations tbh so far in the finals he has out performed Slater and Stewart. By means an easy fit all we can do is get behind him and rest of players we are only one game away from GF.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He made 1 mistake last night, and about 300 good ones. He's our most underrated player.

Status
Not open for further replies.