Perception By Other Fans

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't argue with your thinkin Scoooby. Ciro is a safety first coach for the time being. He will need to grow and expand his coaching and selections and no doubt will.
Anyone can argue with it cause it is a very simple way to look at it. Reality is Xerri needed that time in cup to get some footy into him. Managed well by Ciro

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone can argue with it cause it is a very simple way to look at it. Reality is Xerri needed that time in cup to get some footy into him. Managed well by Ciro
[/QUOTE]
Can't argue with that either. He did play well in the trials tho. But as usual we are all experts on a footy forum no matter what we think hehe.

Ciro makes the call at the end of the day.

Doesn't mean all us footy IQ experts are any better than the next fan. For all we know Gus may have wanted him picked....happy that he is on the field now and the team looks stronger.....we just gotta get Assassins boy in now lol.

Roller coaster Bulldogs fans :grinning:

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brace yourself... Current events are almost certainly going to involve a "Bulldogs fan" as an eyewitness has just said that the attacker was wearing a "rugby or football jersey"

Edit. Small mercy, it was not a Bulldogs jersey. Looked to be an Australian rugby league jersey

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just been reading some comments by mostly non-Bulldog fans and it’s interesting how the perception of our club is changing. I’m not one to really acknowledge them, but the comments are usually negative. I do also agree though with a lot of them and I think the general consensus is we’re very much on the up. Our left edge is particularly strong, especially Kikau who is having an insane start to the season. Even Ciro is getting praised lol.

While it’s frustrating seeing guys like Hutch continue to be picked and other selections, I think we can agree that many have been great. Xerri and Tracey to be specific.

We can still improve and polish the rough edges and Ciro needs to be more ruthless in his selections, but you can understand why he often isn’t. Because that style is sure to put the players off side. Being a professional coach is a fine balance between being an authority, whilst also keeping your players on your side. He’s only 18 months into his first grade career though so I think a bit of slack is warranted.

I also think most of the “reject utility” signings have paid off. Curran and Mann have been excellent. Hutch, Turpin and Salmon pretty much as expected and really shouldn’t be in the NRL team come the second half. Except Salmon perhaps. He still might be in our best 17. Silly farmer has been decent too.

Tl:dr: There’s plenty of positives to take from this season so far and even oppo fans are saying it.
Firstly, disregard anything other fans say, THEY ARE IDIOTS . . . Otherwise they'd be Bulldogs fans !
Secondly, 100% agree with the rest :tearsofjoy:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forget whether it was late first or second half but there was one set where kiks was involved in every single tackle in the set. He might get gassed (and being that size who wouldn't) but his effort is second to none this season.
Yeah that’s the thing. We can’t expect him to be rampaging over players all game. It’s impressive as it is how hard he goes, yet he manages to go the distance most weeks.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't Ponga injure his hip flexor.

May not play
It can take from one week to three weeks of rest and rehab to recover if injury was mild. A lot longer if severe. Have problems myself with flexibility ( alas age being a factor) and it can be quite painful due to spasms and leg soreness and after periods of inactivity tight and stiff.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I agree
But the effort needs to really turn into wins the next 7-8 weeks with a more favourable run.
If we drop most of those games it’s basically the same polished crap we have dished out .
We don’t want consistent good losses.
Need to start winning games and quick
Still better than constant floggings from last year.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And??? He did well in the trial, came in a made an impact … it was always skys the limit . He had what it took instantly, was few games earlier would have been the same lol.
Even the coach said he had defense to work on that's why he wasn't in the team

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whats funny is alot of our fanbase arent intelligent enough to see the improvements, We have alot of fans constantly shit talking ciraldo spamming comments like "we have regressed"
[/QUOTE]
The comments like "the assistant" and "Burton is a centre " seem to be going quiet. Imagine what Ciro will do with a quality 7, 1 and 10. In the last two weeks we have beaten the team considered to have the best roster in the comp and very narrowly missed beating a top team that rarely looses at home. That in my mind at least is down to coaching. Some people are just so impatient they can't see the big picture.
When we've had a quality spine together for a couple of years Ciro will give us a mortgage on a top 4 spot. It is happening.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im old school we still lost 4 point up with 7 to go should have won closed the game down wouldn’t have lost in dogs of war days

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im old school we still lost 4 point up with 7 to go should have won closed the game down wouldn’t have lost in dogs of war days
That's true but we are building. Even Dogs of War didn't start from such a low base like now and took a few years to become Dogs of War winning culture.

Not there now but we'll get there.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's true but we are building. Even Dogs of War didn't start from such a low base like now and took a few years to become Dogs of War winning culture.

Not there now but we'll get there.
Hoping they've learned from how that feels and go over what it takes to close those kinds of games out at training

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get it a lot at my boy's junior club. We're the only Dogs supporters at the club and almost to a man they've said robbed by bunnies and unlucky against the storm
It shows that if we play good entertaining footy, we'll regain the pride in our team and our respected reputation with the footy public even negating the media bias against us. We're in a good place moving forward as the saying goes :grinning: