Perception By Other Fans

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been reading some comments by mostly non-Bulldog fans and it’s interesting how the perception of our club is changing. I’m not one to really acknowledge them, but the comments are usually negative. I do also agree though with a lot of them and I think the general consensus is we’re very much on the up. Our left edge is particularly strong, especially Kikau who is having an insane start to the season. Even Ciro is getting praised lol.

While it’s frustrating seeing guys like Hutch continue to be picked and other selections, I think we can agree that many have been great. Xerri and Tracey to be specific.

We can still improve and polish the rough edges and Ciro needs to be more ruthless in his selections, but you can understand why he often isn’t. Because that style is sure to put the players off side. Being a professional coach is a fine balance between being an authority, whilst also keeping your players on your side. He’s only 18 months into his first grade career though so I think a bit of slack is warranted.

I also think most of the “reject utility” signings have paid off. Curran and Mann have been excellent. Hutch, Turpin and Salmon pretty much as expected and really shouldn’t be in the NRL team come the second half. Except Salmon perhaps. He still might be in our best 17. Silly farmer has been decent too.

Tl:dr: There’s plenty of positives to take from this season so far and even oppo fans are saying it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri definitely should have been in by round 2, I feel him an Taaffe were top signings and that’s well knon I felt that way. But we definitely looking like a team that could be great contenders!!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree
But the effort needs to really turn into wins the next 7-8 weeks with a more favourable run.
If we drop most of those games it’s basically the same polished crap we have dished out .
We don’t want consistent good losses.
Need to start winning games and quick

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been reading some comments by mostly non-Bulldog fans and it’s interesting how the perception of our club is changing. I’m not one to really acknowledge them, but the comments are usually negative. I do also agree though with a lot of them and I think the general consensus is we’re very much on the up. Our left edge is particularly strong, especially Kikau who is having an insane start to the season. Even Ciro is getting praised lol.

While it’s frustrating seeing guys like Hutch continue to be picked and other selections, I think we can agree that many have been great. Xerri and Tracey to be specific.

We can still improve and polish the rough edges and Ciro needs to be more ruthless in his selections, but you can understand why he often isn’t. Because that style is sure to put the players off side. Being a professional coach is a fine balance between being an authority, whilst also keeping your players on your side. He’s only 18 months into his first grade career though so I think a bit of slack is warranted.

I also think most of the “reject utility” signings have paid off. Curran and Mann have been excellent. Hutch, Turpin and Salmon pretty much as expected and really shouldn’t be in the NRL team come the second half. Except Salmon perhaps. He still might be in our best 17. Silly farmer has been decent too.

Tl:dr: There’s plenty of positives to take from this season so far and even oppo fans are saying it.
We can see the change in culture glass half full for me.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri definitely should have been in by round 2, I feel him an Taaffe were top signings and that’s well knon I felt that way. But we definitely looking like a team that could be great contenders!!
He hadn’t played for FOUR YEARS man! No one in their right mind would expect him to hit the ground running like he has, especially how well he played last night. He looked like he realised he actually still has that natural talent and he killed it in the second half. All that matters now is that we’ve seen what he’s capable of and the sky is the limit.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He would have benefited massively from the extra few rounds in cup to get match fitness up and more rust out. Keeping him back has only benefited him and the team i think

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree
But the effort needs to really turn into wins the next 7-8 weeks with a more favourable run.
If we drop most of those games it’s basically the same polished crap we have dished out .
We don’t want consistent good losses.
Need to start winning games and quick
Definitely frustrating especially not getting wins vs Souths and Storm when we could have if things went our way. I’m sure they’ll come though with the way we’ve played. I mean look at the Titans game as an example. Who would have thought we could get a 32-0 win over them? Sure they’ve been the worst team, but we’ve definitely improved heaps.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely frustrating especially not getting wins vs Souths and Storm when we could have if things went our way. I’m sure they’ll come though with the way we’ve played. I mean look at the Titans game as an example. Who would have thought we could get a 32-0 win over them? Sure they’ve been the worst team, but we’ve definitely improved heaps.
Some punters had the Titans finishing ahead of us for the year.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the stages of opposition fan opinion we are somewhere between stage 2 and stage 3. Hopefully soon we will be back to stage 5.

Stage 1. Sympathy (ick, where we have been for most of the last 6 seasons)
Stage 2. Some applause (late 2018, again late 2019, not much since)
Stage 3. Impressed (pretty close to this now)
Stage 4. Worried (probably where we were 2012-2014)
Stage 5. Outright fear and hatred (1980s, 2002-04, coming back soon?)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He hadn’t played for FOUR YEARS man! No one in their right mind would expect him to hit the ground running like he has, especially how well he played last night. He looked like he realised he actually still has that natural talent and he killed it in the second half. All that matters now is that we’ve seen what he’s capable of and the sky is the limit.
And??? He did well in the trial, came in a made an impact … it was always skys the limit . He had what it took instantly, was few games earlier would have been the same lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He would have benefited massively from the extra few rounds in cup to get match fitness up and more rust out. Keeping him back has only benefited him and the team i think
Meh, that’s your opinion not mine hahaa, I say in an should of been, would have been no worse than any of the guys in the first few rounds , in fact would have been better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meh, that’s your opinion not mine hahaa, I say in an should of been, would have been no worse than any of the guys in the first few rounds , in fact would have been better.
Can't argue with your thinkin Scoooby. Ciro is a safety first coach for the time being. He will need to grow and expand his coaching and selections and no doubt will.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats funny is alot of our fanbase arent intelligent enough to see the improvements, We have alot of fans constantly shit talking ciraldo spamming comments like "we have regressed"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whats funny is alot of our fanbase arent intelligent enough to see the improvements, We have alot of fans constantly shit talking ciraldo spamming comments like "we have regressed"
That's all in the past now surely....or else Kennellers just continue to ignore them lol

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Knights fans worried, just looked at their forum and stating how well we are playing compared to their lot, Lots of talk about KIK's and how he is going to steam roll Cogger....
They were actually very impressed with us.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Good post. I note that the majority of media are swiftly changing their tune too unlike a minority of our fans . Be interesting to see what sort of negative spin the piss soaked old flop comes up with now.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just been reading some comments by mostly non-Bulldog fans and it’s interesting how the perception of our club is changing. I’m not one to really acknowledge them, but the comments are usually negative. I do also agree though with a lot of them and I think the general consensus is we’re very much on the up. Our left edge is particularly strong, especially Kikau who is having an insane start to the season. Even Ciro is getting praised

Taafe to halfback and Tracey to fullback.problem
Solved.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Knights fans worried, just looked at their forum and stating how well we are playing compared to their lot, Lots of talk about KIK's and how he is going to steam roll Cogger....
They were actually very impressed with us.
Yes, and so here comes the next test.
This week we will should not be underdogs, particularly if Ponga is out. We will expect at the very least, a very strong showing, and probably a win.
Can this team, off the back of several "almosts" as underdogs, get themselves up for a game they should probably win (actually, even if Ponga plays).