Rumour Pele to Hull?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hopeful that he'd go well for us with the hype he had at the Sharts. But he was just a fringe player with potential there. He came to us because his path was easier and due to that there was probably some reduction in work ethic.

There's been a thousand rumours about player movement though, so if he's getting released for next season, I'll believe it when the club makes an announcement.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’m guessing he wants to get off the bus? Or did the driver kick him off?

Good luck to him, hope he kills it in England and sets him and his family up for a good life.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree.

Gus signed him as a lotto ticket for peanuts ... couldn't hack it, move on.

Hard to do much in regard to recruiting a quality prop, when the club were already burdened with Thompson and TPJ taking up 1.5m.

Gus also knew that props of far greater quality would be available in the coming seasons as we free up money.

We are signing players as they become available, not necessarily in order of team needs ... us fans must think big picture.

Many of our recent pick- ups are to bolster depth which is sadly lacking.

Some will say what about Sutton ... but he was signed as a workhorse utility / middle/ bench spot starter, not an out and out starting prop .... only played there out of necessity. Also played busted for long stretches, suspect he still is far from 100%. Not suggesting he is any great shakes BTW ... but can see the logic behind the move.

No one was to know that out of Thompson, TPJ, King ,Patolo, Pele and Hughes that only King would play the majority of the season, and he has been busted for ages as well.

The injury to Kiks and having to use so many young players TOTALLY unprepared for the weekly grind of the NRL, leaves me flabbergasted as to the grief lots of our fans are giving the team, and especially the coaching staff.

As far as i am concerned we have had no chance this season.

Next season is game on ... we will be MUCH stronger up front.

2024 has been earmarked for some time as the season we become competitive again.
Very well said. Couldnt agree more!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so disappointing.

We barely got to see him play, I know he is unfit, but when he played he did change momentum with possession.

He could’ve been our next Kasiano.

I wonder why, with all our nutritionists and health experts we couldn’t get him fit?
No he couldnt have. Kas had good footwork, good offload and silky hands for a big boi. Pele would never have come even close to peak Kas

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't put your houses on Pele going anywhere. We are up to four pages on a thread that started with a throwaway remark from a questionable source. I might start taking it seriously if and when official sources from the Dogs and/or Hull FC say something about it.

For my part, I like Pele and hope he stays. He has made progress this year despite the injuries and suspensions (the latter were bullshit BTW). He has made an impact in FG in short spells, and played well for longer in reserves.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Is bulldogsteve your bestie?
Look we started off rough because he thought i was full of it at first, but he came to realise my oil was good. He is a proud man so doesn't want to make a song and dance of an apology ol' Stevy, but he backed off the critique when he saw the insider was real. My insider (a staff member) knows his insider (part of the wider coaching team) so we are all in harmony this year.
I get respect everywhere. Nash tentacles go far.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was never given a fair go despite other duds given repeated chances

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has always been a gambler - You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em Know when to walk away and know when to run

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone please ban the clown? Seriously, I'm sick of his posts.
Agree, ban nate DAWG asap

Gus and CC start getting judged proper from round 1 next year

Not overly fussed with Pele and Sutton etc but if Critta, Xerri, Salmon, Taffee flop then questions need to be asked

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, ban nate DAWG asap

Gus and CC start getting judged proper from round 1 next year

Not overly fussed with Pele and Sutton etc but if Critta, Xerri, Salmon, Taffee flop then questions need to be asked
Sutton is supposedly on 500k, I'm proper fussed if that's true lol.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score