News Pele’s brutal break & TPJ back to training

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are in the midst of a worrying forwards crisis.

Team Tips: The Bulldogs face a forwards injury crisis after their golden point win over the Cowboys. Prop Max King (eye) is in doubt with Cameron Ciraldo admitting after the win over the Cowboys: “He doesn’t look great.” Raymond Faitala-Mariner (head knock) and Franklin Pele(fractured arm) are both out. Second-rower Jacob Preston also has a hand injury. Adding to their forwards injury woes, Viliame Kikau (concussion) and Tevita Pangai Junior (calf) are not due back until Round 7. Winger Jayden Okunbor faces a potential one to two week ban after being charged for a hip drop tackle.

Phil Gould said the Bulldogs would make a decision on whether they would contest Okunbor’s charge on Monday, while also providing an update on Pangai Junior.

“TPJ will join the main group for training this week, for the first time since January. Albeit a very short week, because of the 4 day turnaround,” he wrote.

“Probably only one light session for the team to prepare for Good Friday game. (Terrible draw). TPJ will need to do much more. They’d like to see him complete a couple of weeks of training before playing.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...8LioYdA53dL34Q_dRIjJKcxtFYMl4&mibextid=r5uJeJ

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are in the midst of a worrying forwards crisis.

Team Tips: The Bulldogs face a forwards injury crisis after their golden point win over the Cowboys. Prop Max King (eye) is in doubt with Cameron Ciraldo admitting after the win over the Cowboys: “He doesn’t look great.” Raymond Faitala-Mariner (head knock) and Franklin Pele(fractured arm) are both out. Second-rower Jacob Preston also has a hand injury. Adding to their forwards injury woes, Viliame Kikau (concussion) and Tevita Pangai Junior (calf) are not due back until Round 7. Winger Jayden Okunbor faces a potential one to two week ban after being charged for a hip drop tackle.

Phil Gould said the Bulldogs would make a decision on whether they would contest Okunbor’s charge on Monday, while also providing an update on Pangai Junior.

“TPJ will join the main group for training this week, for the first time since January. Albeit a very short week, because of the 4 day turnaround,” he wrote.

“Probably only one light session for the team to prepare for Good Friday game. (Terrible draw). TPJ will need to do much more. They’d like to see him complete a couple of weeks of training before playing.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...8LioYdA53dL34Q_dRIjJKcxtFYMl4&mibextid=r5uJeJ
No sweat! With this attitude all we need is 12 on the field :tearsofjoy:

Would anybody like to join me in prayer for LM to get sent off in the first 5min?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Preston would be right with it a strapped (and morphine lol)

King tho... Swelling would have to go down substantially otherwise he'd be risking another finger blasting

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Preston would be right with it a strapped (and morphine lol)

King tho... Swelling would have to go down substantially otherwise he'd be risking another finger blasting
Would need to have had his vision checked to

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Souths will do us in unfortunately. If can competein a close one, I’ll be happy.

So important we won yesterday. 3 from 6 on Friday isn’t the end of the world.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
King and Preston will play.
Surely King saw an Ophthalmologist 1st thing Monday morning. If damage was observed, he will be told to sit it out until it heals (hopefully doesn't need surgery), but if just irritation/swelling he will be fine to play. Not worth taking a risk with a young guy's eyesight. Club already knows whether he will play on Friday or not but they are just not telling us (or Souths) yet.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Souths will do us in unfortunately. If can competein a close one, I’ll be happy.

So important we won yesterday. 3 from 6 on Friday isn’t the end of the world.
100%

If we can hover around 50/50, we will give ourselves a decent chance of top 8, when/if we get our best pack on the field.

Start of the season i was thinking 10/12, but i have been hugely impressed with what CC is doing, the spirit in the joint looks to be outstanding.

The club as a whole is going great despite a horrific injury toll.