Payne Haas

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are best mates. If you get rid of TPJ don’t expect Haas. That’s what I found funny
That’s a fair point and I would froth at having them both. I was just commenting if I had to choose one it would be Haas.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tyrone smith is a front manager
He isn’t haas real manager if that makes sense
He is being managed by khoder Nasser and the sbw team
That’s why he is being offered to the dogs first
Sbw wants him to play for the bulldogs
The meeting was last Friday at jobels
Tyrone smith is the media “manager”

that’s why I don’t believe the kikau signing was necessary
Jackson needs to be tapped on the shoulder and flanakhara needs to be flicked asap for any chance of this happening
Corey Allen can fuck off too. 500k for that bloke is abysmal.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s a fair point and I would froth at having them both. I was just commenting if I had to choose one it would be Haas.
Yeah for sure. Let’s hope Gus can deliver both. Fuck a spastic halfback that we have to pay way over for just have a forward pack that dominates everyone else we should win a few games if that’s the case.
#dogsofwar

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t this for 2024 by which time Thompson will be off our books?
Very true Piggy, and it could happen that way, but in todays world where anything is possible. If Hass is keen to come to our club and all the talk of Thompson been shopped around, (where there is smoke their is fire as the saying goes), I'd say that a mid year swap is distinct possibility.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. Let’s hope Gus can deliver both. Fuck a spastic halfback that we have to pay way over for just have a forward pack that dominates everyone else we should win a few games if that’s the case.
#dogsofwar
Brisbane tried this in 2020 and won the spoon lol

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got the article from courier about Thompson and Haas?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone got the article from courier about Thompson and Haas?
From The Courier Mail.

While Thompson is committed to Belmore, the Storm will be losing veteran prop Jesse Bromwich to new franchise the Redcliffe Dolphins in 2023.

“I’m not really sure about the rumours, they didn’t really come from me,” Thompson said. “I signed a three-year contract at the Bulldogs and I have every intention of fulfilling my contract.

“I am really looking forward to the season ahead and the year after.

“Going back home is always going to be an option but I think I will decide when it comes around to it. I’m enjoying my time over here [Australia] at the minute.”

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Haas is never ever ever coming. Games by his manager to get more money from Broncos. He is a family guy and he wont leave them to move to Sydney..
Coy Gus planting the seed publicly that he's not worth 1 mill, might stop another team splurging on a whim and put us back in the p8cture at a more manageable price.
Exactly, Gould killed off the manager’s strategy of using us to push up Haas’s price. He’s already done it a few times, the “we don’t have the cap space” line he also trots out. He can’t use that for 2024 as everyone knows we have 25 spots available, hence plenty of cap space without any need to move players on.

Always a Bulldog

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id pay 1 mil for haas, shits on jason taumololo, best prop in the world by a mile.
If brooks dce etc are earning that much, seems ok to me, 200k more than thommo, how much more do you get for 200k!
Think that reflects how badly we're overpaying Thommo.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this prop talk makes me sick. We should of thrown the kitchen sink at Adam Reynolds and all our problems would be solved. But we keep throwing big money at TPJ and Kikau and now we’re talking about Haas. Clearly our no.1 priority should have been Reynolds. A halves pairing of Reynolds and Burton would have been amazing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are stacked in the forwards. FFS can we be linked to a 7? We desperately are crying out for some experience at 7. Like a real game manager. A field general
Ironically, we could have picked up Hynes for around $600k just like Burton. Nobody realised he was a natural 7 even though he played there in his junior days. What a good, versatile and huge halves pairing they would have been.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All this prop talk makes me sick. We should of thrown the kitchen sink at Adam Reynolds and all our problems would be solved. But we keep throwing big money at TPJ and Kikau and now we’re talking about Haas. Clearly our no.1 priority should have been Reynolds. A halves pairing of Reynolds and Burton would have been amazing.
reynolds was always going to brissy bro. He also hates the dogs alot from his time at the rabbits.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haas is worth huge coin in the short term.

I think he’s gonna struggle for longevity though like Lolo. SuperCoach siebold had him playing 80 minutes in the middle week in week out as a 20 year old. It will take its toll in the long term for sure.
Exactly right, which is why they're pushing so hard for a deal like this right now for 5 years.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can’t. We need a 7 of at least Jake Clifford quality and possibly a 1 if we don’t decide to keep Dufty. We will probably need to lose either Thompson or Jacko as it is.

P.S personally I would sign him, he is a beast with a fantastic work ethic.
Going on the games played, we need Dufty. He's been the most dangerous player on the park.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guessing game. Going off ZeroTackle:
View attachment 44643
I can't believe we got Reed for 600k when looking at some of these...
Its because its all bullshit!
I've seen a recent retired NRL players pay advice that is what the media says a 500k+ player
320k before allowances, and he was at the end of his career earning fairly decent cash from what he indicated.
Also just a co-incidence they are all well rounded numbers... lol