Payne Haas

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just on Nrl 360 Haas met with the Bulldogs asking for 1 million dollars per year and Gus said No! im not paying a mill for a forward.

Aaaaaaand Go!
He can’t. We need a 7 of at least Jake Clifford quality and possibly a 1 if we don’t decide to keep Dufty. We will probably need to lose either Thompson or Jacko as it is.

P.S personally I would sign him, he is a beast with a fantastic work ethic.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus also on record saying Haas for 10 years 1m a year is cheap. That's actually a quote. Not sure where Kenty got that 1 from (not saying it's right or wrong).

On Haas and the 1m talk. A top team/club will probably offer him 700-800k (e.g. Roosters, Storm). It's unlikely the Broncos are going to be able to keep him for that. Maybe they meet somewhere in the middle.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can’t. We need a 7 of at least Jake Clifford quality and possibly a 1 if we don’t decide to keep Dufty. We will probably need to lose either Thompson or Jacko as it is.

P.S personally I would sign him, he is a beast with a fantastic work ethic.
I'd probably lose both

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id pay 1 mil for haas, shits on jason taumololo, best prop in the world by a mile.
If brooks dce etc are earning that much, seems ok to me, 200k more than thommo, how much more do you get for 200k!
The fact of the matter is it’s probably 500k more than Thompsons true value. So no to Haas on 1 mil

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is like a tradesmen in the game .. he has his own ways of doing but the end result is always there. You never know what mind games he has in store

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No halfback or fullback signed for next year and they even entertain buying a big dollar prop. Do they not learn?
I think the point made was that he approached the dogs not the other way around.

So you would have to imagine spine positions are on top of list.
Although Flanagan and Averillo are still on contract so they would have to attempt to off load at least Flanno who is on bigger contract.

Potentially Toia groomed as long term fullback with Dufty given another short term deal.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess other thing to factor in haas wouldn’t be available to 24.

Then we have like 6-7 names contracted.

Haas is the best prop in the game by a long way.

Haas Mahoney king kikau Sutton tpj not a bad fucking pack if was a way to make it work.

I’d imagine haas would be a marketable player and able to get a bit off the books.

That said we clearly need a 7

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess other thing to factor in haas wouldn’t be available to 24.

Then we have like 6-7 names contracted.

Haas is the best prop in the game by a long way.

Haas Mahoney king kikau Sutton tpj not a bad fucking pack if was a way to make it work.

I’d imagine haas would be a marketable player and able to get a bit off the books.

That said we clearly need a 7
When you look at the off contract list for the next 2 years Schneider's probably the best. That's also on potential. The options aren't that great (especially when you factor in realistic options). No idea where we're going to get a 7 from.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we could spare the cap and didn't have issues filling spots that are crucial, sure why not. There is no point having a stella pack when you don't have the fuel to drive them.

Gus knows what we need and where our focus is, atleast us fan can have some faith in that.