Pay - It was a fantastic effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coaching tactics and recruitment are what I look at.
Under 10s coaches can say what Pay said. I think it was deserved to be said to the squad but what coach wouldn’t (other than Hasler, he’s just a di3k).

Looking forward to next year and see how he brings around the pre season. That shows alot in a coach

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Say what you will but some players have come along in leaps and bounds as the year has progressed. Very good signs for the coaching staff.

Just saw a tweet saying that Pay has managed to polish our turd of a season and I think thats a very reasonable summation! haha!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“We kept turning up for one another”

Loved seeing this as the motivator for the boys - the culture is building!
That 4 letter word going around the club that Harry mentioned.. "GRIT" true bulldog culture coming back.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That 4 letter word going around the club that Harry mentioned.. "GRIT" true bulldog culture coming back.
Good tactics to stop their back 3 getting their sets started by kicking high to the sides. Worked well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good tactics to stop their back 3 getting their sets started by kicking high to the sides. Worked well.
We had that wind advantage which helped those mid field bombs but those kicks should go deeper. Hopefully coaching staff work on it with Lewis.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Pay has done okay for his first year but next year will really determine how bright our future is, I think Pay’s biggest challenge will be to keep the kids like Lewis, Smith and Martin grounded as they have received a lot of praise since there respective debuts and we need to stop that getting to there head.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just nice to see some enthusiasm to back up and support other players.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Pay has done okay for his first year but next year will really determine how bright our future is, I think Pay’s biggest challenge will be to keep the kids like Lewis, Smith and Martin grounded as they have received a lot of praise since there respective debuts and we need to stop that getting to there head.
I think he did just that in the presser. He didnt say how good Lewis and the other young guys were. Just said they are still learning all the time. Pay is a switched on coach.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The million dollar egos are gone and the kids are playing footy l firmly believe that moving on some players this year (particularly woods) has changed the whole attitude of the playing group which has made deans job a little easier. Attitude towards your teammates and jersey is everything in footy.
Rip in boys do us proud for the last games for this year and set the platform for next!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The million dollar egos are gone and the kids are playing footy l firmly believe that moving on some players this year (particularly woods) has changed the whole attitude of the playing group which has made deans job a little easier. Attitude towards your teammates and jersey is everything in footy.
Rip in boys do us proud for the last games for this year and set the platform for next!!
Agree....Attitude is everything in FG.

Also, the board(Chris Anderson in particular), coaching staff and recruitment and retention committe have done well to force the changes within the playing group this year(i.e letting go of Woods & Mbye) to speed up the rebuild process.
They've acted quickly to ensure getting us back on top doesn't take an eternity to happen. Well done Board, Admin and coaching staff.....seems like everyone is on the same page at the club.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he did just that in the presser. He didnt say how good Lewis and the other young guys were. Just said they are still learning all the time. Pay is a switched on coach.
No man, he's a shit coach because his physical appearence says so....lol at some people man.
He's a shit coach because he played Tolman for an extra 10 more minutes than he should of.
He's a shit coach because he plays Jackson on the edge and not at lock. just LOL

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No man, he's a shit coach because his physical appearence says so....lol at some people man.
He's a shit coach because he played Tolman for an extra 10 more minutes than he should of.
He's a shit coach because he plays Jackson on the edge and not at lock. just LOL
I agree mate. Some of the comments are just laughable.
I will show some maturity and compassion for the situation as a whole before I go making outlandish statements like that.
I wish others had enough common sense to do the same.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds weird to say given our position on the ladder, but I honestly think we are close to being a top 8 team... we've been good defensively and we don't struggle to roll up field all season.. now that the attack is coming, I think we will be highly competitive in 19.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/pay-it-was-a-fantastic-effort/

This is why I think big things are ahead for Dean Pay as a coach, despite what people may think.
I agree mate. Some of the comments are just laughable.
I will show some maturity and compassion for the situation as a whole before I go making outlandish statements like that.
I wish others had enough common sense to do the same.
If no one showed you compassion growing up , then how are you going to show compassion towards others.
You can't give what you don't have bro

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Big things are ahead for the Bulldogs. This year was going to be a bad year. Dud signings as well as injuries and continuing to clean out Des's mess. Next year will be a little better.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If no one showed you compassion growing up , then how are you going to show compassion towards others.
You can't give what you don't have bro
Plenty of people grow up in shit situations and choose to be decent
Human beings sorry mate that’s a cop out

Status
Not open for further replies.