Opinion Pay and the Andersons

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What happened to 2021 being the year?
that’s all they were talking about wasn’t it?
That’s when we could start buying some decent players due to the salary cap. Did you expect us to go from bottom 4 to top 4 in a couple of months? You are kidding yourself

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t know why I wasted my time replying. This is the bloke that doesn’t believe covid has happened and it’s all made up

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to clarify for all the pay dick riders on here…. Pay and the Andersons were the ones that kept repeating the same rhetoric for 3 years that 2021 was the year lol, they are the reason we are in this position and Trent Barrett is left cleaning up and will be cleaned by 2022
No doubt des Started this mess, but this Current position we are in now is all on the Andersons and Pay
Absolutely.. TBAZ will clean things up, and have us is a good place next year. Things will start looking up and we will start seeing results, may not seem it now, but he took this job knowing it wouldn’t be easy. He has good intentions and I believe that.!! He has my support until further notice.!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s when we could start buying some decent players due to the salary cap. Did you expect us to go from bottom 4 to top 4 in a couple of months? You are kidding yourself
2009 says hi but ok
im judging Tbaz on 2022 roster
the other fraud was given 3 years

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think you’ve quite grasped or comprehended the situation we’ve been in
I’m talking about your statement of not being able to go from bottom to top within a year
we can do that if we recruit well for next year

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m talking about your statement of not being able to go from bottom to top within a year
we can do that if we recruit well for next year
Like the Titans? Look at the comp mate. We couldn’t recruit a whole team of superstars, just a few decent players. Look at the amount of players off contract after this season

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely it should be. The roster has improved from last year yet results have gone south. That’s why questions are being asked already. 1 from 8 and -168 Alzz.
Would you rather be a Knights, Tigers, Sharks, Dragons, Broncos fan right now? I can list more teams too. Stop focusing on today and be excited with what’s ahead. That would be my advice.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This year is over, let's just sign Brandon Smith and a quality prop so we have something to look forward to for next year (in or around the top 8 side). Until next year (hopefully) recruitment going into a season wasn't good enough (this year included). It's a combination of no salary cap to work with/signing the wrong players. We can't afford to F it up again otherwise we're in a hole for another ~3 years. Also Pay was limited in who he could sign (we basically could only sign duds/risks) due to salary cap, unattractive coach (reputation, looks) and having a bottom 4 team, wooden spoon contenders. At the time a lot of contract extensions were warranted (Jackson, DWZ, Hopoate and Elliott for e.g.). Barrett is in exactly the same situation but he's a more attractive coach to play for. The blame for me goes - Dib/Castle -> Hasler -> Andersons -> Pay -> Current Board -> Barrett, and after Dib/Castle I personally put little to no blame in the rest.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It killed me that we wrote off three years because of our cap issue. I wish we had a better plan than just making up the numbers in the comp. Barrett’s recruit of Flanagan, Waddell Hetherington & Allan have not been good.
Of course they haven't but Flanagan what he'd shown in his career to date is better than anything we had, so whilst he's down on form it's easy to forget. Hetherington is a bench middle nothing more. As for the other 2 just dud squad players who shouldn't be in top 17 and hopefully Barrett sees it that way next year

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets look at the below facts:

A few examples Under Pay:
Jackson gets extension
Hoppa gets extension
Elliot gets extension
Pay signs DWZ on big coin
Pay signs Napa on big coin
Pay signs Thompson on big coin
Pay signs Stimson on decent coin
Pay signs Britt
Pay signs Katoa
Pay persists with players such as Meaney and Holland

A few examples under Barrett:
Signs Burton
Signs JAC
Signs Naden
More than likely will sign Smith
One could argue that Barrett signed Flano, Allen and Waddell but because we have other duds signed on big money we got those on the cheap. What else could Barrett have done?

The one shining light why I think proves that Barrett is the answer, almost all those duds that Pay signed will be shown the door at the end of the season.

So is Barrett the answer???? Based on the above, case closed and a big hell yeah from me and deserve more than one season without criticism every week.
Most of the guys Pay extended are in career worst form NOW, under Barrett.

I haven’t seen these guys play so bad.

So, that’s Pays problem...ok

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify for all the pay dick riders on here…. Pay and the Andersons were the ones that kept repeating the same rhetoric for 3 years that 2021 was the year lol, they are the reason we are in this position and Trent Barrett is left cleaning up and will be cleaned by 2022
No doubt des Started this mess, but this Current position we are in now is all on the Andersons and Pay
I blame Des, Dibb, the old board and the Anderson's but I thin Pay was a bit of a scapegoat. He never had the support of the board really. Never got most of the players he wanted but yes he was very average as a coach. I got the feeling that the Andersons did all the recruiting and Pay wasn't really involved.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who disagrees with this is a fraud supporter
Shooting your mouth off as usual, eh @AlzzBulldog?

Just like threatening to leave for forum and not following through when proven wrong?

The minute you can prove you’ve invested the same into the club as some of us have you can call others frauds. I personally have spent countless thousands with our club on memberships, merchandise, functions, donations, charities, tickets to games not covered by memberships and more over many years.

What have you done champ - except piss and moan on an Internet forum?

Back to your conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is COVID?
Hi, huh please speak English? What's that word?

Just checked dictionary and it came up blank.

Oh hang ON Hang on "COVID" IS coming up in the Russian dictionary but has Chinese pronunciation and is also trade marked to Bill Gates corporation, which is owned by A private equity group which is owned by Kim Kardashian

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What happened to 2021 being the year?
that’s all they were talking about wasn’t it?
2021 was the year decent recruitment could start. That happened. The people you’re blaming never promised results in 2021. This has been stated before. Lynne was bagged mercilessly on here when she said last year the club was half way through the rebuild. But the agitators knew better, upended the joint and the results have gotten worse. So now it’s on them. Great job.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most of the guys Pay extended are in career worst form NOW, under Barrett.

I haven’t seen these guys play so bad.

So, that’s Pays problem...ok
Because Pay never used something called foresight and I’ll give you an example. Whilst Hoppa was playing ok without setting the world on fire at the time, Pay gave him an extension without putting any thought it what type of player will he be 3 years down the track. Add the same principles to Jackson, Tolman etc

And similar to Pay you also look at things in very simple ways and I’ll give you another example. Whilst you look at how Flanagan is playing right now with the current flops around him, Barrett uses foresight. He will judge him when all the pieces around him are in place. Whilst Pay would panic and make decisions based on emotions, Barrett is astute and makes decision with emotions out and looking at the future. That’s how you build a team.

And if you think Baz is really the problem, please provide me examples on when a bottom team would turn their fortunes around miraculously in one off season?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2021 was the year that we get full use of a salary cap. They are not the reason we are in this mess, Des, Dib, Greenturd & Castle are the reasons we are in this mess. The Andersons tried to clean it up but weren't overly successful. Their hearts were in the right place but with limited money to deal with, they weren't that successful.